Stanley Cup and NBA Final Live Chats!

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I don't understand why my network refuses to work on hockey nights.
Catspaw was faithfully there at least.
Stanley Cup Final, Game 5: Blackhawks and Lightning tied 2-2
Topic set by bookworm
17:33 Catspaw joined #Stanley
17:33 <Catspaw>: New game! New excitement! Woo-hoo!
17:35 <Catspaw>: It's nice to see Bishop back in net for the Lightning, though I am concerned he'll have to leave for whatever's been plaguing him.
17:36 <Catspaw>: Okay, and now Bishop just came way out of the net to play the puck and ran into his own guy and Chicago got an empty-net goal. Crazy stuff! I would love to know what on earth Bishop thought he was doing there.
17:37 <Catspaw>: Very odd. His own guy was right there (hence why they ran into each other) so I don't know why he thought he needed to come so far out of the net to play the puck.
17:43 <Catspaw>: Bishop will never live that one down if they lose, and people will still remember that one even if they win!
17:59 <Catspaw>: Still 1-0, almost at the end of the first period. It's been a fun start to the game1
18:04 Catspaw quit
18:38 Catspaw joined #Stanley
18:39 Catspaw quit

Strange start to Game 5 with goalie mistakes early on by each team. Both should have resulted in scores, but Chicago got lucky and only one did.

I hope I can get in for the next game, since it might be the last!

Back to NBA first though, we'll see if anyone else finally shows tonight.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I tried to be on the chat a bit more in case anybody else came by, but a couple of times I tried to connect to the chat and it didn't work. I don't know if it was chat-related or just because my internet connection was cutting in and out, but it was such a hassle to keep trying to connect that I was missing the game, so I just gave up on the chat. I will try again on Monday, since it could be a Cup night! (Though I certainly hope it won't be!)
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

No one showed for NBA Game 5; not surprising, but disappointing because it was a good one.

The Stanley Cup could be claimed tonight! Come by the Chatroom people! Especially if you're rooting for either team!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

It was a fun final NHL chat of the year, even if I'm not pleased with the result of the game. It was nice to have a few people present for the game!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

We finally had a real chat party just in time for the series finish! \:D/
Laura was finally able to join, Catspaw was there as always, and KF returned. And my connection actually worked, for the most part. Enough to have a good time! :D
Stanley Cup Final, Game 6: Blackhawks lead Lightning 3-2 and could win it all here!
Topic set by bookworm
17:03 Laura_Ingalls joined #Stanley
17:13 bookworm joined #Stanley
17:13 <bookworm>: You made it! :D
17:13 <Laura_Ingalls>: Yay!
17:13 <Laura_Ingalls>: I'm trying to watch the game on my computer for right now...I may be able to get to the TV later
17:13 <Laura_Ingalls>: As it is, the feed is a bit choppy
17:13 <bookworm>: My network seems to be working at the moment, we'll see how long I can stay in
17:13 <bookworm>: You want Chicago right?
17:13 <Laura_Ingalls>: Yup!
17:14 <bookworm>: Me too :)
17:14 <Laura_Ingalls>: I had Toews and Keith on my team this year, so I'm used to cheering for them
17:14 <bookworm>: Ah
17:14 <bookworm>: I just am because I don't want TB to win since they beat the Red Wings
17:15 <Laura_Ingalls>: Yeah, I don't like TB really at all. They beat my Rangers! Booo
17:15 <bookworm>: We need Catspaw to come by then to have some opposition :p
17:17 <Laura_Ingalls>: Yes, chats are always better with Catspaw anyway :D
17:18 bookworm quit
17:23 bookworm joined #Stanley
17:28 <Laura_Ingalls>: I had to run help my Granny, right at the beginning of the game. Missed the first 4 minutes. :( But now I'm at the TV so it's more real time instead of choppy
17:34 <Laura_Ingalls>: Ooo, so close!!! Off the post.
17:34 <bookworm>: Yes!
17:35 <Laura_Ingalls>: Power play!!!
17:36 <bookworm>: Hmm, I'm lagging in and out...
17:38 <Laura_Ingalls>: Oh, are you watching the game online? It was stopping and starting for me earlier as well.
17:38 <Laura_Ingalls>: Does that mean you're a little bit behind real time? If so, I should hold off saying anything big until you see it. ;)
17:39 <bookworm>: Darn. Good kill.
17:41 <bookworm>: Neat shot of the organ 'roost' there
17:42 <bookworm>: No no, my chat is lagging, on my phone. The game is on TV so you're fine :D
17:43 <bookworm>: I'm having data network issues, especially with this Chatroom. The messages get backed up, both incoming and outgoing
17:44 <Laura_Ingalls>: Ah, ok. :) Yeah, I saw the organ - I hadn't realized that the organ music was live...
17:45 <bookworm>: Yay, another penalty
17:45 <Laura_Ingalls>: Yay!
17:46 <bookworm>: Woah!
17:46 <Laura_Ingalls>: SO CLOSE
17:51 KF joined #Stanley
17:52 <KF>: it's been intense so far
17:53 <Laura_Ingalls>: Yes, I've been vocal towards the TV!
17:53 <Laura_Ingalls>: Hey, are you rooting for the Lightening?
17:53 <KF>: hawks!
17:54 <KF>: :p
17:54 <Laura_Ingalls>: Yay!
17:54 <Laura_Ingalls>: All three of us here are Hawks fans
17:54 <KF>: sweet
17:56 <KF>: I really hope this doesn't go to 7
17:56 <Laura_Ingalls>: I know, it would great for them to win at home
17:56 <Laura_Ingalls>: 0-0 after 1!
17:57 bookworm quit
17:57 Catspaw joined #Stanley
17:58 <Catspaw>: Yay! There are other people here!
17:58 bookworm joined #Stanley
17:58 <bookworm>: Catspaw! :D
17:58 <Laura_Ingalls>: Catspaw!!!
17:58 <KF>: It's a party now
17:58 <Laura_Ingalls>: The enemy. Lightning fan. :noway:
17:59 <bookworm>: I'm really lagged; going to try getting a better connection during intermission. I'll be back - I hope
17:59 <KF>: :x
17:59 <Catspaw>: My internet has been super annoying and may cut out at any point, booting me out of the chat, just FYI.
17:59 <bookworm>: I'll probably be in and out as I move around
17:59 <Catspaw>: Bookworm! Laura! KF!
18:00 <Catspaw>: Laura, you're cheering for Chicago?! After all the evil they have done to so many?! I'm disappointed.
18:00 <Laura_Ingalls>: Hey, Tampa beat my Rangers. They are the evil ones
18:00 <bookworm>: Tampa beat my Red Wings too!
18:01 <Catspaw>: Sure, cheer with Obama if you insist... http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=770987
18:01 <Catspaw>: ;)
18:02 <Catspaw>: Well, Chicago beat my Canucks in the past! And caused injuries! And are generally the root of all evil!
18:02 <bookworm>: And I'm assuming KF is for the Blackhawks because Chicago ;)
18:02 <KF>: bah stealing my birthday and my sports teams
18:03 <KF>: yeah pretty much :p
18:03 <bookworm>: Ok back in a moment, hopefully
18:03 <Laura_Ingalls>: Well, Obama has a dog too, and I like dogs. I guess in some ways Obama has some sense. ;)
18:03 <Catspaw>: I'm mostly cheering for the Lightning because they aren't Chicago, but hey, I wish good things for Steven Stamkos. And hey, the GM, Steve Yzerman, should be well know to Detroit fans (hint hint)
18:03 bookworm quit
18:03 <Catspaw>: Oops, I said it a second too late for bookworm to realize that his allegiances are misguided.
18:04 <Laura_Ingalls>: Ha!
18:04 <KF>: I just don't get how you could root against Kaner
18:04 <Catspaw>: That's what the cab driver said before Kan beat him up.
18:05 <Catspaw>: I don't know how you could root for "Kaner"
18:05 <Laura_Ingalls>: My oldest brother is a Detroit fan, being in Michigan, but he said his second favorite team is Tampa Bay. Boo. He wasn't happy when he heard I was cheering for Chicago.
18:05 <Laura_Ingalls>: I don't care for Kane
18:05 <Laura_Ingalls>: But GO Toews and Keith!!!
18:05 <Laura_Ingalls>: :D
18:05 <Catspaw>: Blehhhhhh
18:06 KF quit
18:06 KF joined #Stanley
18:07 <Catspaw>: Duncan Keith hurt Daniel Sedin. I have cared for him even less ever since. http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/dun ... -1.1133499
18:07 <KF>: so apparently if i switch tabs the page reloads
18:08 <Catspaw>: The more you know! ;)
18:08 bookworm joined #Stanley
18:09 <Laura_Ingalls>: Phhphtt, that was 3 years ago. *waves hand*
18:09 <Laura_Ingalls>: Actually, all I know is that he got me points this year, so that is good for me. ;)
18:10 KF left #Stanley
18:10 <Catspaw>: I don't think he's the kind of animal who has changed his spots...but that's just me.
18:10 <Catspaw>: Isn't it funny how attached you can get to your fantasy players? In one click they go from being a random guy to "my guy."
18:10 KF joined #Stanley
18:11 KF quit
18:11 KF joined #Stanley
18:12 <Catspaw>: We can agree to disagree. ;)
18:12 <Laura_Ingalls>: Sounds good to me. ;)
18:12 bookworm quit
18:13 <Laura_Ingalls>: Ha, if you had him on your team, I wouldn't like him at all.
18:13 KFDesktop joined #Stanley
18:13 <KFDesktop>: Kindle hates this O.o
18:13 <Catspaw>: I wouldn't take him because of my strong distaste for him, so no worries on that front. ;)
18:14 <Catspaw>: You seem very indecisive about joining us, KF. ;)
18:14 <KFDesktop>: In all honesty I started actively following hockey last year so I don't actually know much about the inter team grudges :p
18:15 <KFDesktop>: Yeah I think I'll be off during the game for the most part very fudgy connection on mobile
18:15 KF quit
18:15 <Catspaw>: It just takes a bit of time to learn all about who hates who, and why an offense that occurred 30 years ago is still a good enough reason to carry a sports grudge. ;)
18:16 <Laura_Ingalls>: hahah
18:16 <Catspaw>: Better to be able to watch the game than talk about why Chicago is awful.
18:16 <Laura_Ingalls>: STAMKOS MISSED
18:16 <Laura_Ingalls>: :neener:
18:16 bookworm joined #Stanley
18:16 bookworm quit
18:18 <Catspaw>: Aww, great chance!
18:19 bookworm joined #Stanley
18:21 <Catspaw>: Some great action!
18:22 <Laura_Ingalls>: Whew, some close calls on both ends of the ice!
18:22 bookworm quit
18:22 <Catspaw>: Yep.
18:23 <Catspaw>: Craziness!
18:24 <Catspaw>: Ben Bishop has had enough excitement this series! ;)
18:25 <Laura_Ingalls>: This is the first game I've been able to watch from start to finish, so I haven't been able to get into the action as much
18:26 <Laura_Ingalls>: Every night there's been a game, I've been either busy with other activities, out of town, or they haven't been showing the game on a channel I can see
18:26 <Laura_Ingalls>: I'm glad they decided to show this one on a normal channel
18:27 bookworm joined #Stanley
18:29 <Catspaw>: That was a close one!
18:30 <Catspaw>: I'm glad that you finally get to watch properly, Laura!
18:35 <bookworm>: WOW
18:36 <Laura_Ingalls>: One of these shots needs to go in!!!
18:36 <Catspaw>: Oh my goodness! It feels like the finals!
18:36 <Catspaw>: That was great hockey!
18:45 <Catspaw>: It's been a great game so far for both teams.
18:46 bookworm quit
18:46 <Laura_Ingalls>: YAY!!!
18:46 <Laura_Ingalls>: Go KEITH
18:47 <Laura_Ingalls>: :neener:
18:49 <Catspaw>: Booooooooo!!!!!!
18:49 <Catspaw>: :mecry:
18:52 <Laura_Ingalls>: *pats Catspaw on back sympathetically*
18:52 <Laura_Ingalls>: *still gloats*
18:52 bookworm joined #Stanley
18:52 <bookworm>: Woohoo!
18:52 <bookworm>: Very delayed because I couldn't reconnect
18:53 <bookworm>: Funny that it kicked me out *right* before the goal
18:55 <Catspaw>: It's a conspiracy!
18:55 <Catspaw>: That was an amazing ding off the net! I thought the puck went in for a second. The fans behind the net definitely thought it was a goal for a second!
18:56 <bookworm>: So did I!
18:58 bookworm quit
18:58 <KFDesktop>: Yeah fractions of an inch off that last one
19:07 bookworm joined #Stanley
19:13 <Laura_Ingalls>: Getting ready for the final period!
19:13 <Laura_Ingalls>: Go Hawks!
19:14 bookworm quit
19:21 <Catspaw>: Go Lightning! Don't be intimidated by the Hawks record of being 32-0 when leading after the first two periods! Statistics do not define you!
19:22 bookworm joined #Stanley
19:22 <Catspaw>: (I'm preparing for disappointment.)
19:23 <Laura_Ingalls>: I'm just hoping that the Hawks don't realize that I'm cheering for them
19:23 <Laura_Ingalls>: I have a bad record lately of rooting for the losers
19:25 <Catspaw>: Haha! I feel that way too. So do the fans of almost every team by this point. But it still always feels personal! :sniff:
19:26 bookworm quit
19:27 bookworm joined #Stanley
19:28 <bookworm>: Are you watching NBC's broadcast Catspaw, or does Canada have its own?
19:33 <Catspaw>: I'm watching on CBC, which is a Canadian broadcaster.
19:34 <Catspaw>: It's a channel that everybody has access to, and they also stream games live online.
19:34 <Catspaw>: Though I'm guessing they geoblock.
19:40 <Laura_Ingalls>: YAY!!!!!!!!!!!
19:40 <Laura_Ingalls>: Great play!
19:43 <Catspaw>: :x
19:45 <bookworm>: Uh oh, power play
19:49 <Laura_Ingalls>: Hold on, Crawford.
19:53 <Laura_Ingalls>: 17 seconds! I think they're going to do it!
19:53 <bookworm>: Yay!
Blackhawks win the Stanley Cup! Defeat Lightning 4-2
Topic set by bookworm
19:54 <Laura_Ingalls>: Yay!
19:54 <bookworm>: Thanks for coming everyone! :D
19:54 <Catspaw>: What a terrible end to a terrible playoffs....from my perspective, anyway. ;)
19:56 <bookworm>: Team biases aside though, this was an amazing series wasn't it? This whole playoffs in fact
19:56 <bookworm>: Just as great hockey
19:59 <Laura_Ingalls>: Ha, you're funny, Catspaw. ;)
19:59 <Laura_Ingalls>: Thanks for the chat, everyone!
19:59 <Catspaw>: Yes, there was some good hockey. And some bad hockey. ;)
19:59 <Laura_Ingalls>: Glad I could make it this time
20:00 <bookworm>: Me too!
20:00 <Catspaw>: It was great to have a few people here to chat together! This was a nice idea - thanks, bookworm!
20:01 <Laura_Ingalls>: Okay, I need to head to bed....I have a full day tomorrow. :)
20:01 <Laura_Ingalls>: Bye all
20:01 Laura_Ingalls quit
20:01 <Catspaw>: bye!
20:02 <Catspaw>: They just said a minute ago on CBC that the Cup isn't even in the building yet, so now I'm stuck waiting to watch a Cup presentation that I don't even want to see! ;)
20:02 <Catspaw>: Which is really odd - normally they're ready way ahead of time. But I have to watch the Cup.
20:06 <Catspaw>: They're saying weather-related traffic delays. Weird.
20:14 <KFDesktop>: That was beautiful
20:17 KFDesktop quit
20:17 <bookworm>: Connection issues starting up again, so I'll say goodnight. Thanks again for chatting!
20:20 bookworm quit
20:21 Catspaw quit

Thanks to everyone who showed throughout the series, hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. I think these kinds of chats really do make watching even more fun.
Let's do it again next year!