ToO Fantasy Football - 5 Years Strong!

Anyone is welcome to join in!

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
John Chrysostom
No way I broke the window

Post by John Chrysostom »

And your thoughts on our final matchup?
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Tomorrow. I don't hold my press conference until the result is officially final, but I can say good game and good luck next round. :)
John Chrysostom

Thank you :)
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Week 16:
Moves:

Dropped Allen
Added Kamar Aiken (BAL) WR
Benched Baldwin (Questionable) for Freeman

Box Score:

bookworm:
Aaron Rodgers - 7
DeAngelo Williams - 27
David Johnson - 17
Devonta Freeman - 14
Julio Jones - 23
Brandon Marshall - 23
Delanie Walker - 5
Chiefs D/ST - 6
Graham Gano - 8
Total: 130

JC:
Ben Roethlisberger - 4
Latavius Murray - 16
Charles Sims - 17
Amari Cooper - 1
Jeremy Maclin - 10
Brandin Cooks - 19
Jordan Reed - 24
Cardinals D/ST - 35
Chandler Catanzaro - 8
Total: 134
My only reaction is wow.
Regular Season:
Week 1 - vs Seattle King's (gia) 105-110
Week 2 - at Bench Coolers (Eugene) 88-79
Week 3 - at American Eagles (AE) 146-94
Week 4 - at Constantinople Chrysostoms (JC) 75-90
Week 5 - vs Winoka Warriors (Laura) 68-119
Week 6 - at Texas Staleys (KF) 116-83
Week 7 - vs Gainesville Behemoths (EK) 34-110
Week 8 - at Seattle King's (gia) 98-96
Week 9 - vs Bench Coolers (Eugene) 73-127
Week 10 - vs American Eagles (AE) 84-69
Week 11 - vs Constantinople Chrysostoms (JC) 71-81
Week 12 - at Winoka Warriors (Laura) 101-81
Week 13 - vs Texas Staleys (KF) 96-119
Week 14 - at Gainesville Behemoths (EK) 125-50
Week 15 - vs Seattle King's (gia) 86-147

Playoffs (#1 seed of 8):
Winner's Bracket - vs #4 Constantinople Chrysostoms (JC) 134-130
Winner's Consolation Ladder - vs #3 Seattle King's (gia)
I am actually in shock, I have no clue what happened. I checked the score with 20 seconds left in the game the rest of our players were in and I was up by 8. Somehow in those seconds there was a 12 point swing and I ended up losing by 4. I don't know how that's possible. This must be how the Seahawks felt in the Superbowl; a hard earned victory in your pocket, unthinkable you could lose it, and at the last second inexplicably grabbed away and unable to process how.

I'm confused, I'm disappointed, but I'm not upset about it. I am thrilled for JC, he absolutely deserved this win. I made no misplays; my lineup was solid and every position came through, most above and beyond expectations (all except QB, but that can be discounted because it was a bizarre and nearly universally terrible week for QBs), the score was beyond respectable, his team just showed up slightly more. And the way he did it was impressive, it wasn't an even spread like mine, he had multiple noshows, but the ones that did show absolutely blew it up!
This was a crazy matchup, as both others with JC have been this season. Going in I was projected to win comfortably by around 12, after Thursday the gap narrowed a bit but was still comfortable, but then a huge Saturday score for JC made it very close, so I needed all my stars to play like stars Sunday. And they did, putting up great numbers while several of his early players stumbled, my projected victory rose back to double digits, but his late players surged and closed the gap bit by bit putting up an honorable fight, but as I said with just seconds left to play I should have managed to hold on, but a miracle swing finished it.
JC was never projected to win at any point that I saw, he just closed in slowly but surely until at the literal last second he snatched the lead. This was the fantasy football equivalent of a Hail Mary as time expires to win from behind.
I am slightly peeved because I had wanted to switch Freeman for Hightower, but was unable to get online to do it, and it happened that if I had I would have hung on for the win, but it is what it is. However I just found out Rogers was pulled for the fourth quarter of his game and that majorly annoys me! With the final result so close it's very likely if he had played the game out that could have made the difference.

I hope JC takes this momentum all the way and wins the Championship now, he more than deserves it. It would be such an awesome story that he overcame so many devastating injuries to so many big name players and still powered through and won out. It's already great he rallied enough to make the final, but winning would be amazing.

I was rooting super hard for gia to pull off the upset and make the final for the West so we would be guaranteed a first time champion however it went again like last year, I thought he had the best shot he could this week with KF down Beckham. But if anyone deserves a chance to be our first repeat champion it's KF, he's unquestionably our most knowledgeable coach and puts together a power roster every single season.
John Chrysostom

Great summation as usual, I always enjoy you summing up the weeks match up. This week was especially crazy and you did nearly pull it off. I think this years playoffs will be one for the history books. Looking forward to clashing against KF, as you say he has put together a power roster this year.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I could only watch the fantasy game, did you see the real game? I need someone to explain what happened. I honestly cannot figure out how there was such a massive point swing in such a minuscule amount of time. Unless there was some glitch in the fantasy score; I've seen that happen before, where only certain stats are being tallied for some reason so the score is really small, then after the game it syncs up and jumps by a bunch. That happened with a QB the only two times I've seen it though so I thought it was a unique glitch to how that position is scored.
John Chrysostom

I was able to watch some of the game, the big swing were the two touchdowns the defense made and I think those weren't tallied right away. Mostly because it's so uncommon and also they came from fumble returns and sacks so the scoring might have gotten them confused.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Here's the big stats for the championship. The West is now guaranteed to take the all time lead in championships 3-2. And for the first time ever we will have an even seed win. And the first time the No. 2 seed has made it to the finals. Which honestly has always been one of the weirder quirks in the league with the 3 seed winning the first 3 years, followed by bookworm's total domination last year. Where his only loss was in week 11 to Winoka.

CC vs TS is currently tied all time at 4-4. The the last game being week 15 of this season with CC winning 107 - 73. So this will break that tie in rather exciting fashion. :P

And finally in random stats is that every champion has had a Denver player on their team. Both teams in the finals this year have Denver Wide Receivers.

Should be fun one. Good luck. \:D/
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Thanks for pregame warmup. \:D/ Good luck to you both!
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

We need to do this one live! Get on chat people!
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Pending AP not putting up 30+. Congrats on the championship JC. \:D/
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
John Chrysostom

Thank you KF, it was close there for awhile. This was a crazy week for both of us.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

John Chrysostom is The ToO's 2015 Fantasy Football Champion! \:D/
You pulled off the upset! Congrats! What a crazy round of playoffs.

Final Standings (change from last year in parenthesis)
1. (+2) Constantinople Chrysostoms (John Chrysostom)
2. (+5) Texas Staleys (Knight Fisher)
3. (-2) bookworm's team (bookworm)
4. (+4) Seattle King's (godisawesomeness99)
5. (-) Gainesville Behemoths (EK)
6. (-2) Winoka Warriors (Laura Ingalls)
7. (-1) American Eagles (AE)
8. (-6) Bench Coolers (E II)

Thanks for another great year, everyone!
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I created a group for our playoff competition!

http://playoffchallenge.fantasy.nfl.com/group/218882
Password: thetoo

It's the one with the dumb multipliers; the other one doesn't seem to be running this year. This is the one I was planning to do anyway though, the salary cap mechanic was becoming intolerable.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

The multipliers do add an interesting aspect though. For example I'm just going all in on two teams with byes and hoping they make it to the end. If they get knocked out early... welp.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Knight Fisher wrote:For example I'm just going all in on two teams with byes and hoping they make it to the end.
Which is exactly why it's the dumbest feature ever. I want to do a week by week matchup, like we've been doing the rest of the season. Who makes the better moves right now. Instead the multipliers encourage you to intentionally tank the first round, as Laura did last year, to try to stack starting the next one. I get the idea, but it's not at all what I want to be playing.

Can someone find a straightforward 'pick who you think will do well this week' game we can do quickly, if one exists?
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Are we playing again this year?! \:D/ If we need that 8th player, my husband would like to play along this time. O:)
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I was planning to contact AE tomorrow, but I guess it wouldn't be an official new season if the old thread wasn't bumped unnecessarily. (Though I realize I never posted my final week or season recap press conferences for some reason.)

I believe we will need at least one new team so that's great!
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

As always I'm on board. \:D/
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I've renewed the league, you should receive emails. I'll let AE make the new thread.