Everything you know is a lie!

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Doll
Found

Post by Doll »

There's a whole Doctor Who episode about why this is a bad idea. Seriously.
IT'S BELLE/DOLL/GG - I'M BAAAAAAACCCKK!
Paula
insert dash here

Post by Paula »

If that really is true than it most likely will be another thing that Evolutionist will use for their many theory's...........
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
#pPodPartnersWithPenguin
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

*shivers* Don't drink the water. Or touch it. Or do anything with it, basically.

If we end up with a Mars base called Bowie Base One, that clenches it. Doctor Who is real.

I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Paula
insert dash here

Post by Paula »

WOODY, I TOTALLY DID NOT NEED TO SEE THAT :x

EVER HEARD OF A SPOILER?!?!
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
#pPodPartnersWithPenguin
Lark
I've been here a bit

Post by Lark »

Oh my lands Henry you're so mean! *shivers*
Wow that is so weird. I wonder if that is actually true.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Crazy stuff! I'm very curious to see what discoveries they will continue to make.
Pianoman
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Pianoman »

Very fascinating...but I see no reason for the thread title Bookworm...if you said "Liquid water found on Mars" I would be just as interested..rather than just link baiting... :roll:

I checked some of the science apologetics sites I know, and they all had something to say about this. :P Here are the links, if anyone is interested:
https://answersingenesis.org/blogs/dann ... ery-little
http://www.reasons.org/articles/RTB-Cov ... er-on-Mars
https://biologos.org/blogs/deborah-haar ... mars-today
http://www.godofevolution.com/water-on-mars-nuh-uh (<<do not read if you are easily offended, or in love with AiG)
Woody

Post by Woody »

Um... how is water on Mars contradictory to the Bible? :p

I mean, water is incredibly common on Earth, why couldn't it exist on other planets?

I imagine that the answer to my first question is that water suggests the possibility of life on Mars. So what? Where does the Bible state that God restricted life to Earth? He made the rest of the universe too, why couldn't He have put bacteria(as is the current form of life they seem to be searching for) on Mars?
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Countess

Post by Countess »

Well the Bible does say Jesus died once for all sins, so that means that if there is life elsewhere (outside of Heaven) (or should I say "planet Heaven?") they have never sinned, or else Jesus would have to go from planet to planet dying for everyone's sins. And all men have sinned. So.... Maybe the Bible does have an answer here. ;)
Moontide
No way I broke the window

Post by Moontide »

I think microbes could exist on mars, because they don't have souls and wouldn't need anyone to die for them.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Isaiah the Ox wrote:Very fascinating...but I see no reason for the thread title Bookworm...if you said "Liquid water found on Mars" I would be just as interested..rather than just link baiting... :roll:
Just because it's ambiguous doesn't make it baiting. And that wasn't my intention at all; this was the title that immediately came to mind because the thought of real water on Mars has always been "No, it's all just ice if it's there at all" for as long as I remember.
Pianoman

Post by Pianoman »

@Woody Did any of my links say that water on Mars contradicted the Bible? 0_o

But first, yes, the argument Countess gave is the typical "Christian" argument...so... But, I think, some of it is exploding Bible passages to be talking about the entire universe, but *shrugs* we don't know. However, I don't want to at all say that "The Bible says there is not intelligent life (that are not spiritual beings) outside of earth ," because that will really ruin Christianity if aliens really do exist. :P (not saying Countess said that) But, I believe, scientifically, it isn't very probable that intelligent life could exist on any planet, especially since Earth is so rare, and "special."

@Bookworm Still, tell the entire population of the US "Everything you know is a lie!", and I doubt you'll get many people thinking about water on mars. :P But whatever, I understand what you were trying to say, but, I prefer helpful topics, compared to ambiguous ones. ;) Plus, I'm heckling you in honor of snubs. :twisted:
Woody

Post by Woody »

Not expressly, but why would AiG be so quick to dismiss the idea of water on Mars unless they thought it was contrary to their beliefs?

And I would concur with Moontide, microbes have no need of saving. :p

Speaking of snubs, where is she? I haven't spoken to her in ages. D=
Countess

Post by Countess »

Isaiah the Ox wrote:But first, yes, the argument Countess gave is the typical "Christian" argument...so...
Excuse me? You make it sound like "typical" is a bad thing. And actually I just thought that up off the top of my head...so...
Pianoman

Post by Pianoman »

@Woody You must not have read the God of Evolution article. :P

@Countess It isn't "bad" ... I'm just saying, if you look for a Christian response to aliens, that's almost all what you'll get. :P
Woody

Post by Woody »

Actually, I did. But it doesn't make much sense for them to be skeptical of something when there is evidence for it, and no evidence against it, unless there is a personal reason to doubt it. And I certainly hope they don't poo-poo every idea science comes up with just because they feel like it. That's just weird. O.o
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Isaiah the Ox wrote:@Bookworm Still, tell the entire population of the US "Everything you know is a lie!", and I doubt you'll get many people thinking about water on mars. :P
I certainly agree with that, and in that sense (difficulty to tell what the topic is without clicking) it could indeed be considered baiting upon further thought. My meaning was to the more general understanding of clickbait, where the title has nothing to do with the content. You can't tell what subject this thread is about from this title, you're absolutely right; however the title is not improper, it is perfectly justifiable knowing the topic and looking back. So it just depends on how you look at it; whether the title should explicitly describe the thread, or whether it can be something that you won't understand until checking the thread, but after that will get the meaning.

For the record I do usually make a conscious effort to conform to the former; this was a special circumstance that I did not because, as I said, that was what my immediate reaction to the article was, so I just stuck with it.
Pianoman

Post by Pianoman »

The Doctor wrote:Actually, I did. But it doesn't make much sense for them to be skeptical of something when there is evidence for it, and no evidence against it, unless there is a personal reason to doubt it. And I certainly hope they don't poo-poo every idea science comes up with just because they feel like it. That's just weird. O.o
*coughs* *doesn't say anything* :twisted:

Okay, Bookworm, fair enough. ;)

Oh, and Woody, I asked snubs that exact question in her Q&A. ;)
Last edited by Pianoman on Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

God put life on ONE Earth. ONE. Do not decieve yourselves, because underneath all that, we know deep down inside that those are just cracks full of acid or whatever. Rain does fall in space. But this is just little heaven! Let's concern ourselves with just getting to Big Heaven!
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not ignorance. It's that they know so much that isn't so." ---President Ronald Reagan
MericaBlog is the new joint Tumblr used by me and a couple friends.