Gender poll

Laura's going to be a mommy!!!!

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

Will Laura have a boy or a girl?

Boy
52%
Girl
48%

Total votes: 25

Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Gender poll

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Hi everybody! :wave:

So - my husband and I are expecting a baby. Yayness!!!! \:D/ We find out the gender of our little munchkin next week, and I thought it'd be fun to poll everybody to see what you think it will be. I have done numerous of all those old wives tales and tests, and they're all mixed up. :x For example:

Baking soda test: Boy
Chinese chart: Girl
Cravings (salty vs sweet): Boy
Wedding ring swinging: Girl
Fork and spoon: Boy
Heart rate: Girl
Morning sickness: Boy
Mayan calendar: Girl
ETC.

HOW IS ONE TO KNOW WHAT TO BELIEVE?!?!!?! :mad: So thus ToOers, in this last week of waiting to know for sure, I turn to you. What do you say? BOY or GIRL? :baby:
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

All these old wives tales are 100% accurate so obviously its twins (boy and girl)! \:D/
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

Oh, how fun! I have done a wives tale test on my little one, too. Most signs point to boy... that's why I think it's a girl. I bet it's just a little me that likes bucking trends! :P We will also be finding out within the next week or two most likely... whenever the little bugger decides to grace us with his/her presence! \:D/

I think you're having a girl, Laura! :yes:
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Congrats, Laura!! I'll go with boy. \:D/
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

Congratulations on your pregnancy (Or whatever the ToO term is - Ragenency, perhaps?), Laura! I'm predicting it's a girl, but have absolutely zero logical process behind that vote. xP
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Countess
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Countess »

I voted for a girl also. :P
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Congratulations, Laura. :D I'm so happy for you!

I voted for a girl so you can name her Rose. O:) How sweet would that be? But I know that he or she will be precious and loved abundantly no matter what!
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I voted girl.

All you have to do is keep the womb extremely warm for two days and then extremely cold for five months. ^_^
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Wow, Congrats Laura! that's awesome \:D/

and I voted girl as well.

Till the end of the line.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Thanks everybody! :D

We found out today that it is a boy - yay! Unfortunately, they also found out that I am possibly going into labor early. So I am at the hospital now to try to stop that from happening. Please keep me and my little guy in your prayers! Itsk too early for him to be viable at this point.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Aww, yay, how great. =D

I hope everything can get under control. I will definitely be praying for you and your boy.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Congratulations Laura!!
Last edited by Laurie on Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Praying, Laura. I hope that you have good news about the early labour situation!
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Thanks for praying! They were able stop the progression into labor, and I am now home on strict bedrest for the foreseeable future. Oh boy! \:D/ I am very grateful that God answered the many prayers yesterday and that there's still hope for our little guy to hang on for awhile.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm so relieved to hear that things are okay right now! God is good. I'll keep praying. :hug:
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Laura Ingalls wrote:Thanks for praying! They were able stop the progression into labor, and I am now home on strict bedrest for the foreseeable future. Oh boy! \:D/ I am very grateful that God answered the many prayers yesterday and that there's still hope for our little guy to hang on for awhile.
This is great, Laura. :)
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Glad to here the good news! =)
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

*squeak* Oh my goodness Laura, congratulations! Praying for you and your little fella as you two take it easy at home. :hug:

I'd offer to come visit, but alas, it's a bit far. :(

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

Let it be known that the ToO gender test is inaccurate :P Congrats! I'll be praying for you and your little guy.
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Thanks for praying, and I'd appreciate continued prayer. I was finally released from the hospital yesterday after 5 days, after another checkup showed I was worsening even after bedrest. I had to have an emergency cerclage to try to hold the baby in for as long as possible. We shall see if this works, at least for a few more weeks to get to the point where the doctors say there's a possibility of survival. I'd love to go as far as possible though, naturally. :)
So I'm back on strict bedrest at home, which is certainly better than bedrest at the hospital. ;)