Gender poll

Laura's going to be a mommy!!!!

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

Will Laura have a boy or a girl?

Boy
52%
Girl
48%

Total votes: 25

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Connie G. wrote:Does it seem odd to anyone but me that people continued to vote on whether it would be a boy or a girl even after the announcement that the baby had been born and was in fact a boy?
(Sorry, I removed the spoiler tags so people who missed seeing them in your post wouldn't think I was posting in the wrong thread with my response!) ;) I noticed that too, but I think people are clicking on the thread, seeing a poll, voting, and then later once they read more and find out the poll is irrelevant, it's too late. It's not like you can un-vote. ;)
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

He will be having surgery tomorrow to repair a hole in an artery. It's supposedly a simple and common procedure for preemies, still...it's anesthesia and surgery on a teeny little guy. Please pray it all goes well and this will help some of his health issues.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'll be praying, Laura! Thanks for the update. I gave a little info to some ladies from my church a few days ago, and they're praying too!
Connie G.
I'm a teapot

Post by Connie G. »

Happy Mother's Day Laura!!!!!
I have learned to kiss the wave that throws me against the rock of ages. ~C.H. Spurgeon
hello and Where are all the hot people? ~Penguin
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Thanks Connie! I had a good first Mother's Day, he really opened his eyes and stared at me for the first time. :D
And thanks for sharing the prayer request, Catspaw...so many people have been praying and we really appreciate it.

His surgery went well, and so far he seems to be recovering just fine. His stomach drains came out, and I'm hoping that means he can start being fed soon.

Isn't he cute?! He likes to hold onto things. \:D/
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Connie G.
I'm a teapot

Post by Connie G. »

He is adorable! And I'm glad it's going well, still praying :)
I have learned to kiss the wave that throws me against the rock of ages. ~C.H. Spurgeon
hello and Where are all the hot people? ~Penguin
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

He is super precious, Laura. I'm glad to hear he seems to be getting stronger with each day. <3
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm so glad to hear that the surgery went well! I will definitely keep praying. He is adorable! Did you make the little hat for him, Laura?
Lizzy88
OK

Post by Lizzy88 »

So tiny and perfect! Still praying for you and I am so glad the surgery went well!
On the Soda Shoppe I am HomeschoolCowgirl. On the Chat I am TheStepHat. Does that help ya?
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

I'm so glad to hear he's doing well, Laura =] I'll be praying for your little guy.

(BTW, that poll proves that the ToO has attained gender equality ;P)
Clue: Hey there, what's your name?
Prize: $7
Last edited by Woody on Thu May 19, 2016 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Catspaw, no, that's a hat that was donated by volunteers, I think. It's cute though, isn't it? He has several hats that he wears most of the time to help him keep warm since he can't regulate his body temperature yet.

He is now taking all nutrition through a feeding tube in his mouth...he has been switched to all my milk, and the PICC line that was giving IV nutrition has been taken out of his leg. The nurse said she had never seen a baby this tiny not have a PICC line, and she's been working there 10 years.

He's still on the ventilator as his lungs are just too tiny at this point...he's not quite up to 2 lbs yet. But right now basically all he needs to do is grow.

He got dressed for the first time yesterday....isn't he hilarious in this preemie outfit that absolutely swallows him? The shirt looks like a dress! :D
Attachments
VZM.IMG_20160527_150946.jpg
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

He is too cute. And what a strong young boy! I'm glad to hear good news! =]
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Thanks for the update and new picture, Laura! It sounds like he's doing very well! :D He is swallowed up by that shirt, but in no time he'll be bursting out of it! I love his little fingers. :inlove:
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

My little guy turned 2 months old yesterday! He's humongous now...3 lbs, 1 oz. ;)
He's still on the breathing tube after a failed attempt to switch him to prongs in his nose...he lasted 2.5 days, but they had to reintubate. :( Today he's fighting against a possible low grade infection,but he's generally doing pretty well.
Hopefully once he gets a little bigger they can try to extubate again and he can stay off it for good.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Wow, three pounds and two months! He's gaining! :D I'm glad that he's doing well. He continues to be adorable! :inlove: Thanks for the update, Laura.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Already a big boy and handsome too!! So glad to hear he is doing so well!! Thanks for the update Laura.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Yay, another big milestone! Glad to hear he's still staying strong, thanks for keeping us updated.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

My little sweetie is doing great! He hit 3 months last week, and he's up to 4 lbs 13 oz. He is finally off the ventilator, and is just getting some oxygen through a nasal cannula now. Still have to start working on oral feedings, but generally everything is moving right along. Hoping to get to go home in the next month!
(Sorry for the huge pic...)
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

He's getting so big! I'm happy to see he is thriving! Prayers you get to bring him home soon.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Aww, cute! Thanks for the update, Laura. I was holding a friend's baby the other day and started thinking that it had been a while since we had an update and was hoping that everything was going well. I'm so happy that you've seen so much progress already and will hopefully have him home soon! :D