Gender poll

Laura's going to be a mommy!!!!

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

Will Laura have a boy or a girl?

Boy
52%
Girl
48%

Total votes: 25

snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Laura Ingalls wrote:Thanks for praying, and I'd appreciate continued prayer. I was finally released from the hospital yesterday after 5 days, after another checkup showed I was worsening even after bedrest. I had to have an emergency cerclage to try to hold the baby in for as long as possible. We shall see if this works, at least for a few more weeks to get to the point where the doctors say there's a possibility of survival. I'd love to go as far as possible though, naturally. :)
So I'm back on strict bedrest at home, which is certainly better than bedrest at the hospital. ;)
Will definitely be praying for you, Laura!
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Thanks for the update, Laura. I'll keep praying! :hug: I'm glad that you got to go home at least!
Lizzy88
OK

Post by Lizzy88 »

*Squeaks*
Wow, I just saw this.
Praying for you Laura! Get some good audiobooks or books on tape/CD; that will help when you have to be still all the time :)
On the Soda Shoppe I am HomeschoolCowgirl. On the Chat I am TheStepHat. Does that help ya?
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

*sigh* Well, back in the hospital until this baby is born....within days or weeks according to the doc. The stitch they put in is not holding. He will most probably be a micropreemie with a lot of issues, but chances of survival go up every day he stays in there. Thanks for praying!
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Aww, that must be tough. :hug: Definitely still praying!
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

I certainly have you in my thoughts and prayers, Laura. :hug: Prayers to your husband and baby too.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Our sweet little boy was born last night at 7:35! He is teensy tiny, only weighing 1 lb 6.5 oz. He's in one of the best NICUs in the country, and so far is doing well - there is a very long road ahead though.
I am so grateful for everyone's prayers...this has been an incredibly difficult 4 weeks. We were blessed by God to have made it past 24 weeks, which gives our boy a fighting chance.
Please continue to pray, as his tiny body has so much growing and developing still to do. The doctors expect him to be here at least through his due date in August.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Kaida
Whale you be my friend?

Post by Kaida »

Awwww. =D Congratulations! I'll be praying.
I like chocolate milk. - Cheese
#ForeverKitty
Lizzy88
OK

Post by Lizzy88 »

Congratulations!! Wow, how tiny! Praying!

Picture?
Last edited by Lizzy88 on Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
On the Soda Shoppe I am HomeschoolCowgirl. On the Chat I am TheStepHat. Does that help ya?
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Congratulations Laura!! I will be praying for your sweet boy. Please keep us updated when you can.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Wow, congratulations, Laura! Thanks for the update. I will definitely keep praying. :hug: I'm so glad that you're near experts and that God answered prayers to get him to that point. Like Lizzy, I would love to see a picture if that's something you're willing to do at some point.
Lizzy88
OK

Post by Lizzy88 »

Oh, and what is his name???
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Laura Ingalls wrote:Our sweet little boy was born last night at 7:35! He is teensy tiny, only weighing 1 lb 6.5 oz. He's in one of the best NICUs in the country, and so far is doing well - there is a very long road ahead though.
I am so grateful for everyone's prayers...this has been an incredibly difficult 4 weeks. We were blessed by God to have made it past 24 weeks, which gives our boy a fighting chance.
Please continue to pray, as his tiny body has so much growing and developing still to do. The doctors expect him to be here at least through his due date in August.
:hug: Praying for you and your little fellow! update us when you can, but I know you'll be busy spending time with him as much as you can:)

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

We are at a different hospital now, he was transferred on Monday so surgeons here could work on repairing a hole in his intestine. He's doing okay since then, struggling a little with his blood sugars. He's breathing well, which is a huge answer to prayer. His lungs have been great!
I've gotten to change his diaper twice so far...they're preemie size, and still swallow him. :)
His name is Andrew...and I think he's the cutest baby ever, even covered in wires. But I'm biased. ;)
Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

And we have reached equivalence. Oh, I'll be praying.
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Laura Ingalls wrote:We are at a different hospital now, he was transferred on Monday so surgeons here could work on repairing a hole in his intestine. He's doing okay since then, struggling a little with his blood sugars. He's breathing well, which is a huge answer to prayer. His lungs have been great!
I've gotten to change his diaper twice so far...they're preemie size, and still swallow him. :)
His name is Andrew...and I think he's the cutest baby ever, even covered in wires. But I'm biased. ;)
Sounds like the little guy is a real fighter and fighting the good fight. I'm :pray: for him.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Aww, Laura, he's precious! :inlove: I'm so glad to hear that his lungs are working well. I will continue to pray!
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Awww. He's beautiful! ^.^

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

He is very handsome!! Laura you have every right to be biased, your his mama after all!!
Connie G.
I'm a teapot

Post by Connie G. »

He is beautiful :) Still prayin for y'all.
Does it seem odd to anyone but me that people continued to vote on whether it would be a boy or a girl even after the announcement that the baby had been born and was in fact a boy?
I have learned to kiss the wave that throws me against the rock of ages. ~C.H. Spurgeon
hello and Where are all the hot people? ~Penguin