Spelling Bee

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Spelling Bee

Post by bookworm »

Today is apparently the final; once again I almost missed realizing because our customary poster stopped observing the custom.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

They mentioned it on my area's local news cast earlier. All of the Chicago contestants have been knocked out and ESPN is carrying it tonight.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

The semifinals were really good this year. Over half knocked out in the first round all with high quality words. Changing it back to spell until you drop definitely gets the best of the bunch on the stage tonight.

Jairam Hathwar is definitely the favorite tonight. Really good understanding of roots which is the telling separator between good and the winners.

Snehaa Ganesh Kumar is also up there in the rankings. She tied for fourth last year in what was the end of the 2010 era golden age for the spelling bee.

Cooper Komatsu, Smrithi Upadhyayula, and suprisingly Nihar Janga would be the next tier contenders in my opinion.

EDIT: I Think the Spelling Bee has been broken. Wow.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

So there hadn't been cochampions for over 50 years; now it's happened three years in a row. But this year there were actually chances to have a solo winner, but they kept both missing.