ToO Fantasy Football - Pick Six Clique

Old thread; use current one :)

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
American Eagle
Chief of Police
ToO Fantasy Football - Pick Six Clique

Post by American Eagle »

Welcome to our SIXTH year of playing fantasy football! \:D/ This competition is one of the longest-running ToO traditions. Be part of history by playing with us!

History >> (History on ESPN, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)

2016 Roll Call (Now's the Time to Join In!)
  1. American Eagle - confirmed
  2. bookworm - confirmed
  3. Laura Ingalls - confirmed
  4. Almanzo (Laura Ingalls' husband) - confirmed
  5. Knight Fisher - confirmed
  6. godisawesomeness99 - confirmed
  7. John Chrysostom - confirmed
  8. E II - unknown status
  9. EK - unknown status
  10. ...teams available!
This year is open to anyone who wants to play. You simply need an ESPN account. One you have that, PM me your email address and I'll let you in.

If you played last year and want to stay in the league, just let me know and I'll keep you in. \:D/

>> Click here to go to this year's league main office. <<

5 years and 5 different champions! Best wishes to everyone who's playing this year! \:D/

P.S. If someone has a less-corny thread title idea, I'm open to suggestions. ^_^
Last edited by American Eagle on Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:56 am, edited 9 times in total.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

It goes without saying, but to make it official: I'm in! \:D/ \:D/
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Me, me!!!! Of course. Champion here, just warning you. :neener:
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

In. \:D/
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

You all have been confirmed. \:D/

Also, check out the new history chart in the first post!

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Nice job commissioner!
godisawesomeness99
Popsicle kid

Post by godisawesomeness99 »

Am I confirmed? Because on the fantasy football website it says I'm confirmed, but here it says I'm not.
Daniel- Seattle Pacific University '22
Music is how God speaks to me
I used to be here.... but now I'm probably not.... so yeah
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I request two IR slots be activated this season. I wanted that feature last year but didn't realize it couldn't be implemented midway in.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

godisawesomeness99 wrote:Am I confirmed? Because on the fantasy football website it says I'm confirmed, but here it says I'm not.
You are now. \:D/ I'm just looking for an indication from each person that they want to play again this year.
bookworm wrote:I request two IR slots be activated this season. I wanted that feature last year but didn't realize it couldn't be implemented midway in.
I'm not opposed to that. Does anyone have any objections?

godisawesomeness99
Popsicle kid

What is Ir and what does it do exactly? I'm thinking it means Injured reserve, but that could be a football term not related to this game.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

An IR slot is a special place on your roster where you can move players who are out for extended periods because of injury. This opens room on your active roster to allow you to pick up extra players to replace them while they are out. Without IR slots you would need to drop the injured player to pick up a replacement. With IR you can keep the injured player around if you want in case they're able to come back from the injury before the end of the season. If someone you put in an IR slot becomes active again you will need to drop someone before making any additional roster moves to get your team back to the proper number of active players, so it can't be used to cheat by holding onto extra guys.
John Chrysostom
No way I broke the window

Post by John Chrysostom »

Count me in for this year
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Yeah I like the IR idea. It would really help with roster continuity throughout the season.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
godisawesomeness99
Popsicle kid

Oh ok, thanks. By the way, you have me on the sign up list twice on there.
bookworm wrote:An IR slot is a special place on your roster where you can move players who are out for extended periods because of injury. This opens room on your active roster to allow you to pick up extra players to replace them while they are out. Without IR slots you would need to drop the injured player to pick up a replacement. With IR you can keep the injured player around if you want in case they're able to come back from the injury before the end of the season. If someone you put in an IR slot becomes active again you will need to drop someone before making any additional roster moves to get your team back to the proper number of active players, so it can't be used to cheat by holding onto extra guys.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

When are we drafting?
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

After EK is removed and the Cheeseheads are moved over to the West. And we hopefully hear from Eugene. I have a message in to him.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

godisawesomeness99 wrote:Oh ok, thanks. By the way, you have me on the sign up list twice on there.
Fixed. :)
bookworm wrote:After EK is removed and the Cheeseheads are moved over to the West. And we hopefully hear from Eugene. I have a message in to him.
I agree. We definitely need 8 players, but EK has proven that he isn't interested in this league the last 3 years. Hopefully Eugene comes around soon.

If he doesn't... anyone else interested in playing?? \:D/

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

We need to get the draft scheduled. I'm sure Eugene will get back at some point even if not for the start.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

If we're doing it at night the only days that don't work for me are the 23rd, 24th, 26th, and 27th 28th.
Last edited by Knight Fisher on Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
godisawesomeness99
Popsicle kid

I'm pretty sure the only day that won't work at night for me is the 26th