Campbell County Convention

Bren and Bird meet up

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Bren
Be positive!

Campbell County Convention

Post by Bren »

This past weekend, I had the privilege of meeting Matthew Bird (Eugene) in person for the first time. Matthew was down in Nashville, Tennessee the previous week for BlimeyCon. Since Carmi was on his way back, I was able to twist his arm and get him to stop by. I was afraid that the insane amount of rain would put a damper on things but that was not the case. We met at my church and then headed down to Dads for the weekend. After he had relaxed for a bit, we decided to go out to dinner and catch a movie in a nearby town. I will make note here that Matthew covered all my expenses of the weekend. While we were on the road, I got a picture of Doctor Bear.
At long last I have met #DoctorBear
After eating at Ryan's buffet, we went to watch The Secret Life of Pets. It is a very funny movie and I would recommend watching it. After what seemed like an eternity, I finally got someone to take a picture of us on my phone. Interestingly enough, we were both representing some great people on our shirts.
Enjoying a movie
We got in late and went right to bed. As a result of the storms we'd been having, the church had lost power. That being said, we had prayer meeting at 12. After that, Matthew and myself went to get a bite to eat at McDonalds for lunch. By the afternoon, the storms seemed to had stopped, so we decided to do some bike riding since it is something Matthew decides to do. While we were out we decided to go to the local park/campground. It had been a while since I'd been, so I forgot all about the trail there (which Matthew also likes). We decided to ride the trail as well. However, about the time we got to the end, the rain had started in. So, we ended up biking back in the rain.
Adventures in Carmi. Went biking with and we got caught in some rain. Wouldn't have been to bad if someone had invented windshield wipers for glasses.
After drying out we returned to dads for the start of a game night. We started off with SORRY and UNO.
Some great games for a game night.
Matthew is a loser
Matthew is the UNO champion
After a few games, we headed out to dinner. We went to my favorite Italian place in town.
Enjoying some good Italian food
After dinner we wanted WodFamChocSods from Whit's End, but we had to settle for Dairy Queen. After taking care of the sweet tooth, we returned to Dads and played Phase 10. I even went old school and did E for Eugene and R for Regis Blackbeard.
Matthew may be the UNO champ, but I won Phase 10.
Sadly, after leaving running a couple errands Monday morning, Matthew had to leave to head back to Canada. :( :cry: I had a great weekend with him and hope we can do it again sometime soon. I do have one thing to remind me of this great weekend.
5 dollars in Canadian money
As we are fond of saying, I believe that the best is yet to come.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Wow, how fun that you guys were able to meet up! It looks like you both had a great time, with food and games and the kind of talks that only AIO fans can really have! Very nice. :D
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Cool story Bren! :)
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

That's actually... Pretty cool...
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not ignorance. It's that they know so much that isn't so." ---President Ronald Reagan
MericaBlog is the new joint Tumblr used by me and a couple friends.
Connie G.
I'm a teapot

Post by Connie G. »

That's so awesome!! I'm glad you got to do that, it sounds like fun :D
I have learned to kiss the wave that throws me against the rock of ages. ~C.H. Spurgeon
hello and Where are all the hot people? ~Penguin
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

We had a blast. Just wish we would've known before he left Canada so he could've brought me fruitopia. Honestly, I really miss him a lot now. For once I actually got out and enjoyed real life.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Eugene lives!
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer