MLB Postseason Live Chats

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

MLB Postseason Live Chats

Post by bookworm »

After some intense races for the final postseason berths we finally reach October! I've set up a channel in the Chatroom for live chatting the Wild Card games though the World Series; I hope some people come by! \:D/

We have two ToOer teams in this year, the Giants for me and the Cubs for KF. That's great fun and will hopefully draw some folks in who otherwise wouldn't have a reason to care. In addition to being good clubs to root for just to support ToO fandoms both team stories are great as well. San Fransisco looks to continue the incredible even year legacy and Chicago is trying to fulfill what many have said all season is their destiny to finally put an end to their championship drought. It will be very exciting to see how far both make it.

If you are able to be online while you watch, especially when either of these teams are playing, connect to the Chatroom and join #MLB and let's have some ToO viewing parties! If you aren't able to chat during the game you can at least pop in at commercial breaks! You're also more than welcome to come hang out if you aren't watching but want to root along anyway.

I don't get all of the games, but I will be there for the ones I do. For sure for all the Giants play.

Schedule of games, dates, times, and channels
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

I am still utterly baffled at how the pitchers with 47 saves and not a single blown save this season did not pitch in the most important game of the year. Just doesn't make sense.

In the NL Bumgarner vs Syndergaard is going to be great tonight. \:D/
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Oh my goodness what a game! :thud:
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Madbum is scary good in elimination games.

The Giants have Even Year magic. The Cubbies have a wizard as their manager and are ready to break some curses.

This one is going to be good. \:D/
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I am absolutely thrilled the Giants won their Wild Card game! Not simply as a fan because it means their postseason continues, but specifically because it puts them in a series with the Cubs! This is so awesome; there's so much to it. First of all it's a huge ToO series for me and KF, possibly in fact the biggest ToO team clash ever. A more significant one doesn't come to mind at the moment. But it transcends just being a meeting of ToO fan teams, in the greater context of baseball it's a huge series. This is truly a battle between two major destinies, one will continue and one will end. It makes that random game I hyped up earlier in the season actually very prophetic.

Please come by #MLB to be there for these games! Preferably to watch with us, but even if just to follow along from the chat. This is going to be so much fun!
godisawesomeness99
Popsicle kid

Post by godisawesomeness99 »

The mariners are not in this. I am sad now. I'm kinda rooting for the Indians and Cubs and Dodgers
Daniel- Seattle Pacific University '22
Music is how God speaks to me
I used to be here.... but now I'm probably not.... so yeah
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

I should be able to make it to the chat tonight. \:D/
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

WHY DID THE METS HAVE TO MISS THE PLAYOFFS?
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not ignorance. It's that they know so much that isn't so." ---President Ronald Reagan
MericaBlog is the new joint Tumblr used by me and a couple friends.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

They didn't; they lost to the Giants in the Wild Card so we could have this awesome series! \:D/

Which is starting in just a few minutes! Join #MLB now!
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

That was a a great game.
Last edited by Knight Fisher on Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Really great game, really fun chat! Come by tonight for Game 2 and join the excitement!
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

After 2 games Cubs pitchers have 1 home run 3 rbis. The rest of the players have 1 home run 3 rbis.

Tough game for Shark there. Feels weird seeing him out of a Cubs jersey.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Game 3 tonight! The series moves to San Fransisco for a do or die game for the Giants or the Cubs move on! Come by the chat!
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeegh. That was a long game. :thud:
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

The most epic baseball game I have ever seen!
:thud: :thud: :thud:
More thoughts tomorrow, I need time to process.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

I thought for sure we had it after the Arrieta homer. :( But the Giants kept chipping away and manage to get some good hits in the 8th. Then that Bryant bomb that made the game go another two hours. :P

I definitely feel good about Lackey going in tonight though. These are the games where he makes people remember that he's John Lackey. Hell of a series.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Oh man, this game. When they went down early I was prepared for the series to be over, disappointed, but accepting. Got further and further into the game, nothing changing, but at no point did I consider turning it off. I thought this is either going to be an incredible comeback, which I need to see, or it's going to be the end of the even year run which I also need to see because though sad it's historic. So I stuck with it and then, the 8th inning. Oh. My. Gosh. I don't even have words! When they took the lead I literally shed a tear I was so elated. I've heard the phrase tears of joy but never experienced it until now. None of the rest mattered, I didn't care if they actually held on to get the win after that, I had just wanted them to make a game out of it and they did. I was so happy. When it got retied late I was completely unphased, I was okay with however it was going to play out. But holy cow how it did play out! Simply incredible.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Best. Series. Yet.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Incredible end to an incredible series; congratulations Cubs you earned it. You better go all the way now!
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

What a game by Matt Moore though. 8 innings and only gave up 2 hits. And a clutch rbi single on top of that.