Your lost hour

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Your lost hour

Post by bookworm »

As everyone is hopefully aware, or you were late to places today, this morning we 'lost an hour' due to daylight savings time. (Which is ironic, right? That 'savings' actually 'loses' time?) Anyway, it's common for me the next day to hear various people grumble about this, mostly just in mild annoyance more than genuine frustration over literal lost time, but it gave me the idea to actually take it literally this time as an experiment.

So I want to know, what did you miss out on today by losing this hour? If we hadn't 'skipped' over it what would you have done during it? (Because the jump happens at like 2AM the literal answer for almost everyone would be 'Sleep for another hour' which isn't very interesting, so don't use that actual hour that was skipped, just think about what else you would have done if there was another hour in total somewhere during the day.)
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Get more stuff done last night. xD Being up during it is always weird. \:D/
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

you say 'we' as if all of us are from the US of A :noway: some of us in Amsterdam are still waiting for it to happen :x
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Parakeet
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Parakeet »

I probably would have finished my essay sooner, therefore allowing me to be able to do something NOT stressful. :cry: Such as: cuddle up and read a good book (it was COLD today), be on social media/texting etc., and generally be lazy. :D Bleh. :x
Don't you
remember
the SNOWFLAKES.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Marvin D. wrote:you say 'we' as if all of us are from the US of A :noway:
Yes I did because that's all this thread is for. :x

As I was writing it I did consider the few members this won't apply to either because it hasn't happened for them yet or won't happen at all and I thought about adding an explicit note about that, but because it wasn't needed for 99℅ of the readers I decided it wasn't important enough.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

oh okay.

I see how much I matter to you.

I'll just be over here. .in my corner. .

:cry:
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Kathy0
OK

Post by Kathy0 »

I probably would have just been lazy for the extra hour wich I already do all day so I did not miss much.