A burning question for older ToOers/members of the Town Hall

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Sparrow
Processing

A burning question for older ToOers/members of the Town Hall

Post by Sparrow »

Because finals and project deadlines loom ever nearer, I needed a new way to procrastinate (don't judge me :x). And what better way to procrastinate than to type one's college name into the search box on the ToO? I go to Grove City College, and I was curious to see if any other ToOers had come here over the years. (Also, we're famous on reddit now.)

I found a couple references to the school here and there, and apparently Grove City has been giving laptops to all of its students since time immemorial, but then I found something very interesting.

Could it be that our very own Jared once attended Grove City College? :mad: Filled with curiosity, I checked the Town Hall archives to see if I could find an answer to my question. I found a post by Jared indicating that he had been accepted to Grove City, but it was unclear whether or not he was actually attending.

And so, veteran ToOers, I turn to you: if you feel comfortable answering, do you know if Jared went to GCC? Do I walk the halls where the infamous Jared once walked?

Also, if there's any current Grovers on the ToO, let me know. Let's meet up. \:D/
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

Hah! I didn't know that's where the tall business card originated.

I checked Jared's LinkedIn profile, and it appears he did go to Grove City as a political science major from 2004 to 2008.
"And the fire with all the strength it hath."
Sparrow
Processing

Post by Sparrow »

Tea Ess wrote:Hah! I didn't know that's where the tall business card originated.

I checked Jared's LinkedIn profile, and it appears he did go to Grove City as a political science major from 2004 to 2008.
Yep, that's where the picture's from! I think the whole "I am tall" business card was a thing for a while, but apparently this particular picture just took off. (Side note: I've never met the kid in the picture, but I have ridden in his minivan. I still don't quite know how this happened.)

Huh. As Dr. Blackgaard would say, it truly is a small world. \:D/
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

Ah, that would make sense. I think Tim (Peterson) said he made some of the cards for himself.

Indeed it is. I just tried searching the ToO for my college and actually got a couple of results. I don't think anyone else has gone there though. :(
Dredge
Classic

Post by Dredge »

I checked for my college and unearthed a fascinating, yet extremely politically incorrect discussion!
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not ignorance. It's that they know so much that isn't so." ---President Ronald Reagan
MericaBlog is the new joint Tumblr used by me and a couple friends.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Remember that practical joke I played on Jared where I stole his girlfriend and married her? LOL, hilarious.
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

Dredge wrote:I checked for my college and unearthed a fascinating, yet extremely politically incorrect discussion!
Do tell.