Dominion

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Dominion

Post by bookworm »

I was introduced to this card game recently and was immediately hooked. Is anyone else familiar with it?

If you understand how deck building games work you already know how to play this fundamentally and can pick it up quickly. (This is actually the very first deck building game, which is pretty cool.) If you aren't familiar with deck building games it can take a while to fully understand the concepts, but once it clicks it becomes very straightforward.

Whether you already know this game, the game style, or nothing about either yet, I'm hoping to get you all into playing it now. Like I said I'm hooked, and I would love to have some games against ToOers some time! You can play games with the basic card set (which is all beginners should use anyway so it doesn't get too complicated) online for free at dominion.games, I encourage everyone reading this to try some games against the computer to start figuring out how it works. Then please post here if you want to play me! \:D/

This is really a game worth learning I think. Like I said once the concepts click you get the hang of it really fast, and once you understand it it is really fun. There isn't too much to gameplay on the surface so it's easy to pick up, but as you become more experienced there are enough mechanics you can choose to utilize or not that you can make the strategy as simple or complex as you personally desire.

I found this video very helpful for learning the game:

If it sounds complicated just from that watch it in conjunction with playing a game at dominion.games and you should see how things he talks about work.
For more information and quick access to the specifics of each card use Dominion Strategy Wiki.
Old Brad
I've been working out

Post by Old Brad »

I have heard of the game, never played it though. Looks interesting though.
“For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him."
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Dominion is awesome. \:D/ By far my favorite deck building game.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

We need to play!! \:D/