The 7th Year of ToO Fantasy Football!

New and returning players, join in!

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

You rock for compiling all that, KF. This weekend I'm more excited to follow our fantasy results than the games themselves. \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

You forgot to note that with just one game left I've clinched the Failure Award because even if I win I'll still be in last by a full game! \:D/
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

bookworm wrote:You forgot to note that with just one game left I've clinched the Failure Award because even if I win I'll still be in last by a full game! \:D/
I still believe in you! You can still win the championship! \:D/ #alternativefacts

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Two games today so double check your lock ins. \:D/
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

reserving post for I think the last of the pending recaps; hope to edit them all in by end of next week
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Congrats to the Jaguars on securing the last playoff spot. \:D/
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

AE got the Victor Award today, but I didn't get the Failure Award, does that one include playoff record? If so I don't have it locked up after all, it depends on what happens in the consolation ladder.

Edit:

No, it is for the regular season, it just got changed from automatically assigned to manual. I'll give it to myself. :P
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Only a single point separates the protection between the matchup of SWA and I in the semi finals. \:D/

Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I can't believe that Almanzo gets Ezekial Elliot back this week, of all times! Aaaacckk. :mad:

But of course, my valiant team will pull off the upset and head to the championship. :yes:
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

What is this the NBA? Finals rematch. \:D/
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Same championship matchup as last year! We'll either have our first repeat champion or another first time winner!

American Eagle wrote:I am The ToO's first repeat champion! Who would like to challenge me for the cup? \:D/
(I've been meaning to mention this is inaccurate, you are our first multichampion, but it wasn't a repeat. This one would be though!)
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Thank you for the info, bookworm. \:D/

If I was a betting man, I would have my money on Alonzo. Todd Gurley, my highest-performing RB, and Tyreek Hill, my star WR, are both projected to set out this week. Those two guys have together averaged 45 points each week over the past four weeks.

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Yeah, I've expressed concern in the past that in the most important week you probably don't get to use your most important players because if they're so good they got you to the fantasy playoff they're likely so good they secured their spot in the real one and won't be heavily used this week.

I know some fantasy leagues move their playoffs up a week to avoid this situation, but we've done it this way for so long I don't really think we should change it up now.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Yeah I don't think we should change it either. Let's just hope for an exciting performance from my reserves. \:D/

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Half way through Cheeseheads projected to win by just two! :mad:

-- 31 Dec 2017 06:29 pm --

Well he won by 22. Not quite as exciting a finish as expected. :p
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Congrats Almanzo. \:D/
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Our sixth unique champion in our seven years! \:D/

Working on a postseason game we can do, look for it tomorrow!
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

As announced, Almanzo is the ToO's 2017 Fantasy Football champion! \:D/

Almanzo won the championship in only his second year in the league by defeating AE 102-80! Only 4 of the 9 players he started in the championship were part of his original draft class, which goes to show how much mid-season adjustments can do for you!
  1. Final Standings (change from last year in parenthesis)
  2. ( 1) Mr Cheesehead (Almanzo)
  3. (-1) American Eagles (AE)
  4. ( 5) Winoka Warriors (Laura Ingalls)
  5. (N/A) Indianapolis Jaguars (Stop Wooton' Around)
  6. (-2) bookworm's team (bookworm)
  7. (-2) Texas Staleys (Knight Fisher)
  8. (-1) Seattle King's (godisawesomeness99)
  9. (-3) Bench Coolers (E II)
  • Other notes:
  • Laura Ingalls, who lost to our 2017 champion in the semi-finals, handily claimed the Winner's Consolation Ladder victory over SWA.
  • bookworm, who struggled to score during the first half of the season, was one of the highest scorers during the season's second half, including a 110-point effort to take home the Consolation Ladder bracket victory.
  • We still don't have a repeat champion. ;)
Thanks for playing, everyone!I hope to see you all again next season!! \:D/

bookworm, you have access to the historical standings graphic, right? Could you create an updated one for us?

Edit: Updated records!
Last edited by American Eagle on Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

American Eagle wrote:bookworm, you have access to the historical standings graphic, right? Could you create an updated one for us?
Sure, I'll do it tomorrow. :)
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Perfect, thank you!