Re: Asking for Your Help on a Bill That Means a Lot to Me

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Re: Asking for Your Help on a Bill That Means a Lot to Me

Post by bookworm »

* moderator note: the original first post of this thread was requested to be removed

A couple years ago I passed the remains of a car that was in one of these kinds of wrecks; it was absolutely horrific. Something definitely needs to be done.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Wow, this sounds like a really important and personal issue, KF. I really hope that there is a lot of attention and pressure to help make the roads safer so more people don't have to go through what you and your family did.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Thanks for posting this, Knight Fisher, this is obviously a problem that needs to be fixed.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, Knight Fisher! I'm planning to contact my representatives tomorrow, either by phone or email. Do you know if calls are particularly preferable? I'm really horrid at talking on the phone, and the introvert inside me wants to choose email, but if there's an advantage to calling over emailing, I'd work up the courage. ;)
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

The Doctor wrote:Thanks for bringing this to our attention, Knight Fisher! I'm planning to contact my representatives tomorrow, either by phone or email. Do you know if calls are particularly preferable? I'm really horrid at talking on the phone, and the introvert inside me wants to choose email, but if there's an advantage to calling over emailing, I'd work up the courage. ;)
Calls are better because if you get to a person they have to listen. But, yeah. :P I completely get what you mean about phones. Emails would help too. \:D/
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

Alright, I've emailed Senators Feinstein and Harris, and contacted my representative in the House, John Garamendi. If there's no response by next Friday, I will call as well. :)
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Please keep us updated if there is any progress with this KF.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

UPDATE:

Tomorrow on 12/12/2017, U.S. Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, U.S. Senator Marco Rubio, and Congressman Steve Cohen will introduce the Stop Underrides! Bill. Right now we're starting a petition to show Legislators that there's support for it. The hope is to get the numbers really going before the press conference. More details to come after the introduction tomorrow. Signing this would be great.

https://www.thepetitionsite.com/104/712 ... underride/
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
GJ
Pilgrim

Post by GJ »

I signed the petition, Knight Fisher. I'm praying that this would save lives, and the politicians you mentioned would keep fighting.
"To know whether truth is actually true or just an imposter, give it some licorice." -Wooton Basset
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Thanks for the update, I'm signing the petition right now.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

I just signed it as well!
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Just got home from DC. There was a random 20 minute snow storm in Virginia but otherwise the day/introduction went really well.

http://www.wusa9.com/news/investigation ... /498906994

Around 36 hours in the petition is at 15,300 signatures. \:D/
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

That sound like good news! I hope you get tons more support and that this goes through soon. KF! :D