Equifax

Cyberattack information breach

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Equifax

Post by Petrichor »

Pardon the language, but I thought he did a good job summing up the situation. He covers two stories; the relevant one starts about three minutes in.
This reddit post also does a good job summing things up.

TL;DR If you are an adult in America or Canada and have any kind of financial history (e.g., paid bills, inquiries into credit, etc.), you might be at risk of identity theft due to the Equifax hack. You should probably make time to read more than the TL;DR.

I thought I would post about this, because all the people I've mentioned it to haven't heard about it, and it seems like it could be a major catastrophe.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I was going to post about this also because this is one of the largest breaches ever. The data of 143 million people, which is nearly half of the US population and more than the number of US households. So if you're wondering if it affected you, it's highly likely it did.