MLB Playoff and World Series 2017 Live Chats

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

MLB Playoff and World Series 2017 Live Chats

Post by bookworm »

ImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Image I set up a Chatroom channel for live chatting the MLB Wild Card games though the World Series! \:D/

Will the Cubs followup their first championship in 107 years with a repeat? Will the Indians avenge their World Series collapse last season to end their own drought? Are there other interesting storylines?

If you are able to be online while you watch, connect to the Chatroom and join #MLB and let's have some ToO viewing parties! If you are watching but can't chat during the game you can at least come by to check in at commercial breaks! You're also more than welcome to come hang out if you aren't watching but want to root along anyway.

Schedule of games, dates, times, and channels
321tumbler
Tallying up

Post by 321tumbler »

I will be there when I can! It should be tons of fun. :D
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

ImageImage Image Image

This is it! Houston Astros vs Los Angeles Dodgers in the World Series!

I will be hosting live chats for each game of the series; they are all on Fox so anyone can watch! Come by #MLB to follow the action together, especially if you are rooting for either team! If you aren't watching the game but want to just hang out that's great too!

Schedule:
Game 1: October 24, 8:09 PM ET
Game 2: October 25, 8:09 PM ET
Game 3: October 27, 8:09 PM ET
Game 4: October 28, 8:09 PM ET
Game 5: October 29, 8:16 PM ET - if needed
Game 6: October 31, 8:09 PM ET - if needed
Game 7: November 1, 8:10 PM ET - if needed
Samantha14
All That Is Sam.
All That Is Sam.

Post by Samantha14 »

My dudes, you should come join in. It's a ton of fun. Bookworm is our official sports analyst and keeps us hyped and accurately updated, while I'm the quirky random and often annoying video/podcaster that only got invited into the booth because YouTube sponsored the game. I'm humorous as heck though so you should come hang out. :p plus, our lively and lovely group of chatters is pretty fun as well. ;)

In all seriousness though, it's been a heck of a series. Very close, very intense. Tonight may be the last game, the Astros are so close. You really don't wanna miss out on it. We've broken quite a few records so far, including shortest series game since..what, 93? Or something? And the home run record is so close to being broken. It's been neck and neck, intense and enjoyable. You should definitely come join us. I'm really excited.
merp.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

The home run record actually already got broken last game! (I know there were too many to keep track of, it's been insane!)

This is genuinely one of the greatest World Series in history folks, if you aren't following this you are truly missing out! Even if you aren't that into baseball you would appreciate these unbelievable moments.
Game 2: Astros tie the game in the ninth and force extra innings then score two in the tenth, but the Dodgers answer with two of their own and force an eleventh, where the Astros get another two to win it, but not before the Dodgers get one more to make it rivetingly close!
Game 5: Dodgers go up 4-0 but Astros get one then trade back-to-back-to-back 3-run home run innings to tie, see the Dodgers go back up, then tie again, after which the Dodgers go up by one more but Astros tie again, then take a three run lead of their own only to see the Dodgers answer gradually and eventually tie in the ninth forcing extra innings where the Astros win in the tenth on a walk off home run!

If the Astros win tonight this is the end; you really should come by! The chat parties are always fun however the games turn out, but these ones have been on a whole different level because the show is so amazing! The only thing better than experiencing these incredible performances as a sports fan has been sharing the experience live in the chat with others!
Samantha14
All That Is Sam.
All That Is Sam.

Post by Samantha14 »

This was one heck of a game, and if you missed it you really lucked out. History was truly made, from the Astros winning the series for the first time, to all of the records that were broken during the game. It was neck and neck, and the suspense nearly killed me. But I was so glad the Astros won; Houston really needed it after all they've been through. Plus the Dodgers were great sports about it, even taking a full page ad in a Houston newspaper congratulating them for their victory.

We all had fun in the chat. I may or may not have bet food against my friend Charlie, and won heheh. Bookster was a great analyst. I'm really bummed that it's over, but I'm hoping for good times again next year. See y'all there!
merp.