Super Bowl LII

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Super Bowl LII

Post by bookworm »

ImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

Discussion thread for Super Bowl LII, New England Patriots vs Philadelphia Eagles!
February 4th on NBC at 6:30 PM ET.
  • This is the fourth time in five years the championship matchup has been the #1 team from each conference.
  • The Patriots were expected to be here from the start, having the easiest playoff path of any bye team in NFL history. Coming off that historic comeback last year, they are looking to be the first back to back Super Bowl winners since they did it in 2004. This is their record extending tenth Super Bowl appearance and a chance for a record tying sixth win.
  • The Eagles have shocked everyone by getting here with their backup quarterback after their starter was injured a few weeks before the playoffs. They were the first ever #1 seed to be an underdog, which they were for both playoff games. They are in the Super Bowl for the first time since that 2004 game where they lost to those repeat Patriots, and are looking for their first Super Bowl win.

Be sure to come by the Chatroom party in #NFL to live chat the game while you're watching! Or just come hang out even if you aren't watching!
If you're at a real life party and aren't able to watch and chat at least try to check in at commercial breaks and halftime!

2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2009, 2007, 2006
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm hosting a Super Bowl party (with "party" being defined here as "my dad and my brother are coming over to watch the game at my house because I have the best combination of access and location") ;) and will probably be half-watching, half-reading, but I will try to get online to check out the chat and display my ignorance for all to see!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Please don't let the Patriots repeat.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

It looks like your wish was the Eagles command, bookworm! :D I think a lot of people feel that way! It was a close game, and I know my dad and my brother really enjoyed the high offense and excitement. I more tolerated it and looked up when there was more yelling. ;)
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

What a game! \:D/