ToOer MLB Showdown Series - bookworm vs the world!

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

ToOer MLB Showdown Series - bookworm vs the world!

Post by bookworm »

ImageImageImageToOer MLB Team Series 2018ImageImage

ImageImage Image Image Image Image Image

It's been really fun having live chats of baseball games between ToOer teams the last couple years, and I discovered since last season we have a few more fans than I originally realized, so this year I decided instead of arranging chats on the fly when a game was approaching it would be neat to plan it out from the beginning and try to have at least one for each other ToOer team that mine (the Giants) face in 2018. If you're a baseball fan too let me know who you root for and I'll add it to the list! \:D/

The chats will take place in the #MLB channel in the Chatroom. These are good natured 'rivalry' events, all in fun. It adds something extra to the games, having a fan rooting on each side. These are very fun for the people whose teams are playing, and it has seemed to be enjoyable also for those who don't have a personal interest in the game but just come to hang out because it's a ToO related event. Whichever group you're in you are invited to come join the fun! :)

The series of interest are listed below in calendar order. The specific games that viewing parties will be held for will be announced later.

VS shnoodlec (Braves)
ImageImage Image
  • May 4th
  • May 5th
  • May 6th

VS 321tumbler (Phillies)
ImageImage Image
  • May 7th
  • May 8th
  • May 9th
  • May 10th

VS Samantha14 (Astros)
ImageImage Image
  • May 22nd
  • May 23rd

VS Knight Fisher (Cubs)
ImageImage Image
  • May 25th
  • May 26th
  • May 27th

VS 321tumbler (Phillies)
ImageImage Image
  • June 1st
  • June 2nd
  • June 3rd

VS Knight Fisher (Cubs)
ImageImage Image
  • July 9th
  • July 10th
  • July 11th

VS Samantha14 (Astros)
ImageImage Image
  • August 6th
  • August 7th

VS shnoodlec (Braves)
ImageImage Image
  • September 10th
  • September 11th
  • September 12th

VS Tsukuyomi (Blue Jays)
Image Not scheduled this season. :(

Past MLB Showdowns: 2016, 2017
shnoodlec
Tallying up

Post by shnoodlec »

The Braves games are rapidly approaching... :twisted:
High wellborn Lady shnoodlec Knight of the Order of Augustine, formally known as Queen of the Monkeys. now enjoying an era of peace between the Monkeys and Vampires. permanent n00b. Q&A thread HERE. come find me on the ToO chat if you dare.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

The first ToO matchup chat is scheduled!

ImageImage Image
  • Giants/Braves
  • bookworm/shnoodlec
  • Series 1 of 2, Game 2 of 3
  • Saturday, May 5th
  • 7:10 PM ET first pitch
All are welcome to come by #MLB and join the viewing party! Whether you have the game on tv, on the radio, or not on at all, and whether you're even interested in the game itself at all or just want to hang out because it's a ToO event. :)
shnoodlec
Tallying up

Post by shnoodlec »

Hey y'all, we're starting! :cheerleader:
http://odyssey.chat/
High wellborn Lady shnoodlec Knight of the Order of Augustine, formally known as Queen of the Monkeys. now enjoying an era of peace between the Monkeys and Vampires. permanent n00b. Q&A thread HERE. come find me on the ToO chat if you dare.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

The chat had to be cut a little short unfortunately due to schedule conflicts, but even just doing the bit we could was a lot of fun! Thanks shnoodlec! \:D/
Transcript will be posted at some point.

And right away we have another one!

ImageImage Image
  • Giants/Phillies
  • bookworm/321tumbler
  • Series 1 of 2, Game 4 of 4
  • Thursday, May 10th
  • 1:05 PM ET first pitch
321tumbler isn't entirely sure she'll be able to make it, but of the four games this series this was the only one that was a possibility for her so we're going to try. I will be there for sure, and she'll come by for whatever portion she can. :) This one is streamed for free on Facebook so anyone who wants to follow along can!
321tumbler
Tallying up

Post by 321tumbler »

The game has started! I will only be here 20 or so more minutes so come by and be a Phillies fan in my absence!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Thanks 321tumbler; transcript will be posted soon.

The next chat is this weekend!

ImageImage Image
  • Giants/Cubs
  • bookworm/Knight Fisher
  • Series 1 of 2, Game 2 of 3
  • Saturday, May 26th
  • 7:15 PM ET first pitch
This is a special one, I'm really looking forward to it. It's a Saturday night free tv game, just like the Giants/Cubs matchup that started all this two years ago. That night is one of my favorite ToO moments, this game is going to bring back some great memories. Just the anticipation already is. :) All are invited to come by, the game is on Fox so anyone interested can watch!
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

I'm going to try and make it. \:D/
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Apparently that was just one of multiple game options on Fox, though none of the sources I had confirmed the broadcast with indicated that, so things didn't go as planned. But it was still really fun because it's the hanging out with friends that makes these great! Thanks to KF for making it work despite the hiccup!

Really short notice, but the next game is in less than an hour! (ToO was down yesterday so I couldn't announce it when we scheduled it.)

ImageImage Image
  • Phillies/Giants
  • 321tumbler/bookworm
  • Series 2 of 2, Game 1 of 3
  • Friday, June 1st
  • 10:15 PM ET first pitch
321tumbler
Tallying up

Post by 321tumbler »

It's on! Phillies are behind right now, but if you still wanna come stop by they are starting to catch up!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

After a little break, we're back! The next ToO game is next week!

ImageImage Image
  • Cubs/Giants
  • Knight Fisher/bookworm
  • Series 2 of 2, Game 3 of 3
  • Wednesday, July 11th
  • 3:45 PM ET first pitch
Really looking forward to this one! It's a do over with KF after the first didn't go quite as planned.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Last second change of plans so I wont be able to make most/all of this one. Will have to do this properly in October.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

That's too bad, but thanks for trying! I will still be there if anyone else wants to drop by. :)