May the 4th be with you

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

May the 4th be with you

Post by bookworm »

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Haha, I love Fox Trot! :lol: Thanks for sharing, bookworm!

Unlike Pi Day, which I often forget about, I find Star Wars Day easy to remember. I also know somebody who has her birthday today, so that's fun! Yay for Star Wars Day! In honour of this auspicious annual event, I ordered episodes I-VI from Amazon. My brother has a nice collector's set, so I've just watched his discs previously, but I decided a while ago that I wanted my own copies, and the price was good enough today. ($10 per movie, and I get both the DVD and Blu-Ray discs - nobody tell me if you paid way, way less.) ;)
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

And with you as well, bookworm
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I get text deals from Dominos and yesterday's said "We find your lack of pizza distributing." :lol:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Haha, that's a good one! I like it.

I saw a reference somewhere to "Space Day" so it looks like some places are trying to expand the day a bit. It seems just like trying to capitalize on an existing thing, but it's a natural enough connection.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Catspaw wrote:Haha, I love Fox Trot! :lol: Thanks for sharing, bookworm!

Unlike Pi Day, which I often forget about, I find Star Wars Day easy to remember. I also know somebody who has her birthday today, so that's fun! Yay for Star Wars Day! In honour of this auspicious annual event, I ordered episodes I-VI from Amazon. My brother has a nice collector's set, so I've just watched his discs previously, but I decided a while ago that I wanted my own copies, and the price was good enough today. ($10 per movie, and I get both the DVD and Blu-Ray discs - nobody tell me if you paid way, way less.) ;)

That's a really good price, actually... especially considering Canadian dollars are WORTHLESS!!! :x I don't usually see the whole set for under $80ish, but I'm holding out on the Blu-rays (and the prequel trilogy in its entirety :-$ ) until they come with digital copies.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

The Top Crusader wrote:
Catspaw wrote:Haha, I love Fox Trot! :lol: Thanks for sharing, bookworm!

That's a really good price, actually... especially considering Canadian dollars are WORTHLESS!!! :x I don't usually see the whole set for under $80ish, but I'm holding out on the Blu-rays (and the prequel trilogy in its entirety :-$ ) until they come with digital copies.
I don't think I've seen them lower, but you never know if there's been some crazy good deal when I wasn't looking, or in some totally different country! ;)

Just to buy digital copies on their own is more than buying a DVD, at least if what I saw the other day was representative of prices! Crazy stuff.