ToO Fantasy Football - Eight Straight Years!

Welcome to the 8th year of ToO Fantasy Football!

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Monty_Whittaker
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Monty_Whittaker »

I'll win tho.
Resident JRPG nut
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

*additional post reserved for recap backlog just for good measure. hopefully I can get most of them up over this extended weekend
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Monty_Whittaker
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Monty_Whittaker »

YES! YES! I'm totally gonna get first.
Babylon Bee is hilarious tho
Resident JRPG nut
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

In that case I was actually our first ever champion!
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Ouch those 47 benched points for Almanzo.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I believe the playoffs are officially decided, at least with regard to me. The top three teams have been uncatchable for a while. The last spot was theoretically in reach until recently. But now if I win out I get to 6 which at the moment would be a four way tie for the last qualifier, because it keeps Laura at 6 since we play each other this week, but that requires all the other 6-wins also lose out and that's impossible because Laura and gia play each other next week. At least one team will finish with 7 wins, unmatchable by one game. That one point loss sucks.
E II
Animatronic
Post by E II »

Knight Fisher wrote:Ouch those 47 benched points for Almanzo.
I'm cool with it
I am confused
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Barring an incredible scoring output by AE next week in which he outscores Laura by nearly 100 and Laura wins her game the last playoff spot will be decided by Winoka @ Seattle. Irregardless of if Laura wins in week 14.

The Bench Coolers have put up a dominant season so far at 12-2 and have easily secured the number 1 seed and the East division crown. With a win in week 15 they can tie bookworm's team for the second most regular season wins of all time at 13-2. bookworm also holds the record for most wins with his unprecedented 14-1 season.

Unless the Texas Staleys outscore Mr Cheesehead by 94(-Adam Theilen's total on MNF) and they win and Cheesehead loses (And it really only matters for bragging rights because we're playing each other either way): EDIT: Yeah I must have misread last weeks results. Cheesehead has this if we both win or both lose but again it doesn't matter

Mr Cheesehead has secured his second consecutive West division title and looks to make the first repeat in league history.

AE will end his current dynastic playoff run which included two championship appearances and a trophy missing for the first time since 2015.
Last edited by Knight Fisher on Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Great breakdown as always KF, thanks a lot!
Knight Fisher wrote:With a win in week 15 they can tie bookworm's team for the second most regular season wins of all time at 13-2.
Second most for a single season, to be clearer. I want to compile career stats for all out teams sometime, but haven't gotten around to it.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Knight Fisher wrote:Barring an incredible scoring output by AE next week in which he outscores Laura by nearly 100 and Laura wins her game
:lol: Sure, I can put up 200 points. Let me just go peruse free agency for a sec.

I love the analysis. Thank you! I was wondering my chances of sneaking into the playoffs on a tiebreaker. Probably not going to happen haha.

Kareem Hunt getting cut from KC is bittersweet for me. I thought that it was a bold move on KC's part. Hunt's actions were disgusting, but the NFL has punished worse things in lesser ways, so I didn't see it coming. Regardless of whether the punishment was too severe, I think it sends a strong message to other players that you cannot be abusing your partners and expect a slap on the wrist from the NFL. So I like that. But man, my fantasy team is suffering. Hunt was the only guy on my team who would consistently overperform.

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Interesting league note: I'm pretty sure this is the first week ever where there wasn't a waiver claim made by any team.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

At this point, if my starting lineup isn't good enough to win, I don't deserve to win haha

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

As my playoff appearance streak comes to an end tonight I just want to acknowledge that this is the second time that a player I drafted to be a season-long cornerstone of my lineup ended up not playing in a single game all year.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Congrats and good luck to our playoff teams this year: Eugene II, Almanzo, Knight Fisher, and godisawesomeness99!

Almanzo has a chance to be our first back-to-back champion ever. \:D/

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I really thought this was Eugene's year, but then he decided to not change out multiple players that aren't playing this week so he's not even going to make the final. That means whoever wins the other semifinal is winning the championship. (No offense gia, but it would take a miracle for you to beat either one.) What an anticlimactic, extremely disappointing ending to what had been one of our most exciting and most competitive seasons ever. I'm genuinely upset about this.
E II
Animatronic
Post by E II »

I'm a little bummed. I work nights now, I like to do stuff Sunday mornings, got swamped at work zonked out the last few hours just now woke up and can't change anything :cry:
I am confused
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I am putting forth an official request for approval for either AE or myself to use League Manager privileges to make the QB and TE changes Eugene would have made last night had he been able. He had the alternative players already rostered, we know what the moves would have been. Whether it will make a difference in the outcome is unknown, because scores aren't final yet, but it's the right thing to do.

It has never made sense to me that an inactive player gets locked into the roster when the rest of the team plays. People are supposed to lock once they take the field so you can't change your mind about who you play once they in fact play. If someone doesn't even suit up they should not lock, you should have the opportunity to change them out until the final game of the week as long as you have an eligible player to change to. (Meaning someone who hasn't played in their game yet that day.)
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

That would put a giant asterisk on the season.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

No way, that's meddling too much in the outcome. I've had weeks in multiple fantasy sports leagues where I've forgotten or gotten busy and didnt change players, that's just the way things happen sometimes.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.