[ 1 post ] 
 Post Post subject: Fall Photo Contest
Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:03 am 
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Cash: 875.70
Bank: 55,000.00

I tried to do this last year and it didn't work out because I waited too long to post it so I'm getting it out nice and early this time. :)

I love Fall! If you've been around for previous Fall Festivals you've surely seen me mention it's my favorite season. I love the weather this time of year, starting to get blustery but not yet wet out, and I love the visuals of the changing leaves all over. I had the idea to ask people to share their Fall photos so we could experience more seasonal goodness than we would just on our own, and then thought I might as well make it an event. So here is the 2018 Fall Photo Contest!

Your prompt is "What Autumn Means To Me" - take a photo of a scene that represents what you most strongly assosiate with the season of autumn or what you first think of when you think about this time of year. I anticipate this being mostly a lot of photos of changing leaves, which is great, but it doesn't have to be that. If something else means autumn for you by all means use that as a subject. It could be a photo of a specific location that holds a certain fond seasonal memory, or a building or object that represents something you personally think or do this time of year. There is no wrong way to interpret the prompt, you will have an opportunity to explain why you used the photo you did.

Rules, logistics, and procedure:
  • Photos must be taken by you, but do not have to be taken for this contest, you may submit a photo you took in the past.
  • PM me your photo along with a brief description of what it is and why it represents autumn to you. This is especially important if it isn't something obvious like pretty leaves. If it's a more subtle or personal thing that's great, but I need to understand why you make the connection.
  • Submissions will be accepted through the end of November, you can send them in any time. You may submit up to two photos. If you have already submitted two but take another one later that you think is better you can send it to me and let me know which previous photo you want it to replace. If you have additional photos you want to share beyond the two you want to enter in the contest please post them in this thread! :)
  • At the end of the Fall Festival I will judge all the photos that have been submitted and four submissions will receive a $55 prize! Limited to one prize per entrant, meaning sending in two photos increases your chance of winning one of the four prizes, but you will not win more than one of them. (Prize money provided by grants from Moontide and Dredge)
  • Judging will not be based on artistic merit, so don't avoid entering out of concern you don't take 'professional' photos or the quality isn't perfect, I will be judging on how well I believe the content and spirit of your photo meets the prompt based on your explanation of why you relate the image to the autumn season.

If you submit a photo please leave a post announcing your participation so others are encouraged to join in. I can't wait to see what everyone sends! \:D/

Offline Profile E-mail  

[ 1 post ]