Math Support Group

Do you hate math? Welcome to the club!

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Math Support Group

Post by Catspaw »

I have a confession to make - I used to like math. 8-[ I'm sorry. However, that phase of my life ended around grade 6, when the math started getting harder. Since then, I have grown to hate it. When I finished high school, after taking two math classes a year for all three of my high school years, I was glad that my math days were done. I headed happily off to Bible college and didn't take any math or science classes. Life was good. \:D/

Then the inevitable happened. I need two pure and applied sciences classes for my degree, so this semester I had to take a math class. ](*,) I am currently struggling through Vector Geometry and Linear Algebra. The first half of the class was better than I thought it would be, but right now I'm having a hard time. I was really hoping for at least a B, which is already below what I usually expect in a class. However, some of the stuff that we're learning just doesn't seem to make sense!

This thread can be a safe place for those of us who do not excel at math or enjoy the subject to express out anger, frustration, and concerns. If nothing else, I now feel a bit better, since I've had the chance to rant! Thanks for sharing my pain, my fellow ToO members. :-({|=
mr. mellow
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by mr. mellow »

hating math will only make you do worse in it.
Image [img]
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

i dont hate it but i dislike im in algebra 1 i can offer help to those in need
One I Froggy
My posts are revolutionary

Post by One I Froggy »

I hate math too. I haven't gotten anything better then a C in my HS math classes except for Geometry. I got a 95% all year...go figure. I guess I just do better with shapes then I do with numbers.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

I got lost after eighth grade. I took math through algebra 2 in 11th grade (and that teacher was no help at all. If it wasn't for my friend helping me in that class I would've failed for sure) and was happy my requirements were met. I signed up for physics, happy to be taking sceince again.

And then I showed up for class, and it's basically more math -_-;

So there's my story. Luckily for me my college doesn't require math, which is why I'm not planning on transferring.

-Jonathan
One I Froggy
My posts are revolutionary

Post by One I Froggy »

oh yes, dont even get me started on physics. They really should catigorize it was a math class, not a science class
poWerbOy
If posts were pigs...

Post by poWerbOy »

I used to be good at math too until it got hard. Last year I did Algebra one......i was homeschooled and it was a nightmare. now i have mental shutdowns when i try to do algebra. I am in geometry this year and it is so much easier than algebra for me. I have over a 100 average in that class!! i dread going into algebra 2.......
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

It was about grade 4 that we discovered that math and I would never be friends

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Post by Eugene Blackgaard »

DEATH TO MATHEMATICS!!!
Anne
OK

Post by Anne »

I love math! Actually, I don't. I'll admit that I'm good at math, but that doesn't mean that I love math. All my time is taken up with math homework it seems (Leaving me less time for here). The problem with math is that it requires so much practice and time.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Anne wrote:I love math! Actually, I don't. I'll admit that I'm good at math, but that doesn't mean that I love math. All my time is taken up with math homework it seems (Leaving me less time for here). The problem with math is that it requires so much practice and time.
That's exactly the boat I found myself in. It was nice completing Algebra 2 in grade 8 but math only gets harder after that and you need something to give you high school credits. ](*,) Being good in math doesn't = affection for it. Certain problems are fun for me but a lot of stuff like geometry is just plain awful. [-(
Fenix
The Rich

Post by Fenix »

Hey I m good at Math. I m said to be a Pro at Discrete Mathematics. If you have any math related question I will be able to answer it. I will do this for fee!
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

I am okay at math but I dislike it.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Eugene Blackgaard wrote:DEATH TO MATHEMATICS!!!
But then you would lose your comic period
drwhit73
Gold Member

Post by drwhit73 »

Math was one of my favorite subjects when I was in school. Physics could be little rocky at times but overall math was great!