Super Bowl LIII

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Super Bowl LIII

Post by bookworm »

ImageImage   Image   Image

ImageImageImageImage

Discussion thread for Super Bowl LIII, New England Patriots vs Los Angeles Rams!
February 3rd on CBS at 6:30 PM ET.
  • Whichever team wins coaching history will be made, either the oldest coach (Patriots) or the youngest coach (Rams) to win a championship.
  • The Patriots were in their eighth straight AFC Championship game and managed to get a win to make this record extending eleventh Super Bowl appearance and have a chance for a record tying sixth win. This is their third straight year in the title game, they lost last year and won the year before.
  • The Rams meanwhile shouldn't actually be here. They only won the NFC Championship due to one of the most controversial plays in NFL history, when a game ending penalty wasn't called. That's not actually the right word for it, controversy implies there are two views of the incident when there aren't here, everyone agrees what happened was wrong, even the officials involved (after it was too late to do anything about it) but I don't know what other term to use. There is a lawsuit currently ongoing for the commissioner to use emergency powers to right the wrong since there's no argument anywhere that the Saints were majorly screwed, but it's very unlikely it will amount to anything so Rams it is for the NFC.

Be sure to come by the Chatroom party in #NFL to live chat the game while you're watching! Or just come hang out even if you aren't watching! If you're at a real life party and aren't able to watch and chat at least try to check in at some commercial breaks or halftime!

2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2009, 2007, 2006
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I hardly follow the NFL at all, but I do usually watch the Super Bowl. By "watch" I mostly mean "read and look at the TV when my brother and father yell stuff at the screen" ;) but it is a big event and it's usually at least kind of fun. My brother invited us over to his new condo to watch, so that should be fun.