The Problems

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Jehoshaphat
Someone's favorite
The Problems

Post by Jehoshaphat »

I have been thinking about this a lot lately, what are simple, every day problems that people experience?

I am not talking about existential problems, more like convenience problems. Maybe your toaster never toasts just right, or your umbrella always blows away. There are so many things that science and technology have already made a solution for. What are things you would like to see invented?

Or, what are larger scale problems you think are important? Problems like renewable energy, desalination, etc. What are your ideas about how to solve them?

Discuss
Unicorns exist... they just got fat and now we call them rhinos.
My online family
I am Monty's and thefinalhour Awesome Brother. GJ is my rebellious little sister
If you want me to be in your online family send me a PM.
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

My motorbike doesn't have a way to charge my phone, and I like to take long rides (for therapy reasons) with music on my phone connected to my Bluetooth headset mounted in my helmet... So my battery dies fairly quickly, and it's rather annoying. :mrgreen:
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Jehoshaphat
Someone's favorite
Post by Jehoshaphat »

I can see how that is annoying. I bet you would have to somehow mount a AC outlet on the bike somewhere accessible, but not in a dangerous place either. That could cause a lot of potential issues though. ](*,)
My online family
I am Monty's and thefinalhour Awesome Brother. GJ is my rebellious little sister
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

You could try a portable power bank maybe.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Can I complain about small things, like how my microwave loses time? I have to reset it every month because it's usually two minutes off by then already. It's less than two years old and was in the mid-range for price, so it seems ridiculous that it's so bad at keeping time.
Jehoshaphat
Someone's favorite
Post by Jehoshaphat »

Two minutes off in a month does seem a bit extreme. I read an article a while back about why clocks go off, it is fascinating. I will see if I can find something comparable for the general audience.
My online family
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Hmm, interesting. I find it super annoying, and find it odd that some clocks go off time so quickly while others are steadily reliable (like my oven, which remains consistently accurate), so an article with some explanation might help...or just annoy me more. ;)
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Catspaw.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

The Top Crusader.

...Oh, wait, I thought this was the thread to name our favourite people. My bad!
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

My car's clock gains about several seconds every day. It's currently seven minutes fast, which I actually kind of like, since I always have a little more time to get somewhere than I think I do.
"And the fire with all the strength it hath."
NatetheGreat
Got Pancakes?

Post by NatetheGreat »

The fire alarms in our house are extremely sensitive and temporarily-lose-your-hearing loud. Making toast feels like playing Russian Roulette.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

I can’t stand the fact that if I move the shower handle a few mm suddenly I’m melting in front of the ark of the covenant.
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

EK wrote:I can’t stand the fact that if I move the shower handle a few mm suddenly I’m melting in front of the ark of the covenant.
AGREEED

My office is always cold for me. But all the guys are hot. They need to solve this problem.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Do bugs count? I was thinking about this thread yesterday while a slow-but-faster-than-me fly drove me crazy! I just barely missed it a dozen times over a few hours, waiting for it to land long enough and in a solid enough place that I could kill it. There has to be a better way. I know there are assorted fly catching systems, but I'm not hanging fly paper in my houseto catch one obnoxious fly.
NatetheGreat
Got Pancakes?

Post by NatetheGreat »

Catspaw wrote:Do bugs count? I was thinking about this thread yesterday while a slow-but-faster-than-me fly drove me crazy! I just barely missed it a dozen times over a few hours, waiting for it to land long enough and in a solid enough place that I could kill it. There has to be a better way. I know there are assorted fly catching systems, but I'm not hanging fly paper in my houseto catch one obnoxious fly.
:-
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

NatetheGreat wrote:
Catspaw wrote:Do bugs count? I was thinking about this thread yesterday while a slow-but-faster-than-me fly drove me crazy! I just barely missed it a dozen times over a few hours, waiting for it to land long enough and in a solid enough place that I could kill it. There has to be a better way. I know there are assorted fly catching systems, but I'm not hanging fly paper in my houseto catch one obnoxious fly.
:-
Haha, who knew? Problem solved! ;)
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Anna><> wrote:
EK wrote:I can’t stand the fact that if I move the shower handle a few mm suddenly I’m melting in front of the ark of the covenant.
AGREEED

My office is always cold for me. But all the guys are hot. They need to solve this problem.
They could only hire ugly guys?
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

I can’t stand how long this line is at Popeyes. I’m trying to experience this sandwich.