So... can we kiss dating hello now?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

So... can we kiss dating hello now?

Post by The Top Crusader »

https://bit.ly/2LNewLL

I certainly disagreed with a lot of his teachings and theology, and I’m sure the old timers here and on the TH remember those things being big debates, but it really is a shame he isn’t just recanting his former views but is entirely renouncing his Christian Faith.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I recall a few debates. ;) I'm sorry to hear about anyone leaving the faith. There's definitely a big difference between regretting some past views and leaving one's faith entirely. You never know what changes the future may hold, considering the whirlwind that his past few public decades have been!
Scientific Guy
Tallying up

Post by Scientific Guy »

What's sad to me is the reason he's leaving the faith: He feels he's alienating the LGBTQ+ community. From what it sounded like, his attitude toward faith was just "Well, I'll try it as long as it doesn't get messy," and then as soon as he's knee-deep in controversy, he says "Nope! I'm out!" I don't know about his teachings before this announcement, and perhaps it's in his character to make these remarks, but it's not only non-Christian to say those things, it's also cowardly and disrespectful to his congregation.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

The cynical side of me sees this as a very nice search result distraction from the stated reason he left the church.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.