Democratic Primaries

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Democratic Primaries

Post by EK »

I refuse to put a poll on this thing because I’d have to list everyone from Bernie to Thanos but, is anyone keeping up with democratic primaries in the US?

I’m really liking Andrew Yang, his points are very valid and has research to back it up, but he seems to have the same 5 talkings points in every interview I watch, so it’s some cause to pause, no real talk on foreign affairs, which I don’t too much mind, I think we need to settle things domestically first (analogous to what one would do in their personal lives)

Bernie is definitely an ever present choice but I think fatigue has set in on voters for him, he would’ve had an amazing shot in 2016 had he not gotten kicked out by the DNC.

What do you guys think of the pool of candidates, any ones you really like?
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

They all have the advantage of not being Donald Trump.

Clearly what they should be listening to is the voices of disgruntled Republicans, not their own base, but it seems like the DNC could have a really easy win if they nominate a likable blue dog moderate type. But in the party primaries those voices tend to mostly get pushed to the back and the more progressive voices get the attention--the exception being Biden. If they nominate someone who is running on free things then I think most of the populace will balk and either vote for Trump or not vote at all. If they nominate someone who doesn't seem like a jerk and who can pull the union votes back into the party it should be an easy win. It's pretty crazy that any GOP candidate swept the rust belt states of Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin--a democratic candidate like I propose wins at least 3 out of 4 of those back, and probably Florida.

So I've not really followed all the candidates too closely. I somewhat already know Biden and he's okay. Tulsi Gabbard has had some good sound clips but I don't know a lot about her. The mayor dude seems like a nice guy and has a likability factor, but while again I'm not following super close and don't know the details, it sounds like his city has tons of issues that whether or not its his fault, he will take the heat for. And while I don't think being a woman was the only reason Hillary lost, that is going to hurt you in some circles and I'd assume being gay would as well. The other people that I know at least a little about I don't like at all, and then guys like Yang and others I just don't know anything about.

But its all pointless because we all know THE CHOSEN ONE will win! \:D/ King of Israel and President of the US! \:D/
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

I think the democrats are looking for the easy win, but alas the easy win may not be the best choice. Biden is definitely that guy who can beat Trump singlehandedly in my mind, but Yang could also do it pretty easily if he had the brand recognition of Joe. He seems to have drawn in more Trump supporters than any out of the pool (which at 3% polling isn’t great news.)

He’s basically all about universal basic income to buffer the damage caused by a transition into a more heavily automated world, it makes sense in a vacuum and seems to be a truly worthwhile experiment.

Also, chosen one? Did you watch the The Family?
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

I watched a little last night actually, but I’m referring to his own press conferences unfortunately.
NatetheGreat
Got Pancakes?

Post by NatetheGreat »

This is the first election I'm planning to vote in. How do you guys keep up with the candidates / do your research?
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

NatetheGreat wrote:This is the first election I'm planning to vote in. How do you guys keep up with the candidates / do your research?
Memes
NatetheGreat
Got Pancakes?

Post by NatetheGreat »

This answer seems legitimate.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

The entire internet is memes at this point, or videos explaining memes, or memes about those videos....

as you can see it has opportunities to become very meta.