Super Bowl LIV halftime show

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Super Bowl LIV halftime show

Post by bookworm »

Customary discussion thread.
This year's show was co-headlined, a first for at least as long as I've been making these threads, by Jennifer Lopez and Shakira.

2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

SMUT! :noway:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I know Top is at least mostly kidding, but yeah....if I had kids in the room the channel would have changed immediately, if not sooner. Clothes are great. A greater quantity of them would have been super fantastic. I like seeing the big production values and group choreography. More of that and proper attire would have made me a lot happier....though I understand that I am not the target audience of the performance.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

They needed *warm winter parkas* :(

I thought it was funny though that they had all this sleaze going on then suddenly the stage was flooded with children in white robes or dresses or whatever. >_>
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

The Top Crusader wrote:I thought it was funny though that they had all this sleaze going on then suddenly the stage was flooded with children in white robes or dresses or whatever. >_>
I had the exact same thought.

This was what I had the impression the shows were always like based on how my parents talked about them every year and would never leave them on. But from when I started watching ten years ago or so I never saw anything terribly objectionable (Beyonce's outfit was worst thing I can think of offhand), so I thought either they must have exaggerated or if it really was like that then we had moved past that kind of thing as a society. Apparently not.

And sleaze aside, just as a show even this one was pretty unremarkable. It's definitely at the bottom of my running list, for multiple reasons. But I see a ton of people saying this was definitely the best one there's ever been so to each their own I guess.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

My favorites in semi-recent memory were the old man rockers like the Who and Tom Petty. I guess not super exciting but music I recognize and I think they all kept their clothes on, but I don't totally remember.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

well apaprently it was so SCANDALOUS that DAVE is deciding to sue NFL for putting him in "danger of hellfire" :noway:

how much, you say?

oh, only for the measly sum of $847 trillion, which is just literally over TEN TIMES the GLOBAL GDP

good luck dave \:D/

read: https://toofab.com/2020/02/06/christian ... e-sue-nfl/

i mean, i just feel like this is a way to not have anyone take him seriously :anxious:
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
A2Z
Fourscore and seven

Post by A2Z »

I beg to differ with you Marvin D. I think that Dave is totally in the right with what he is doing. I mean seriously, when people start to not know what will be streaming next, especially "that", I think its time to cry out to God for mercy and change our path immediately! What is this America coming to??? A present-day Sodom & Gomora?? :-s Someday Jesus will come back and then there will be judgment...

Sorry if I offend anyone..........
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Well Gamora was pretty cool in Guardians of the Galaxy so it wouldn't be all bad I guess.
A2Z
Fourscore and seven

Post by A2Z »

The Top Crusader wrote:Well Gamora was pretty cool in Guardians of the Galaxy so it wouldn't be all bad I guess.
Just read it in the Bible then you might not think so... Gen 19
Monty_Whittaker
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Monty_Whittaker »

really, dude?
you misspelled gommorah, and it looked like the name of a hero in the MCU, Gamora.
it's a joke.
Resident JRPG nut
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Sodom was the boss in stage 2 of Final Fight, but they changed his name in the SNES release to Katana.
A2Z
Fourscore and seven

Post by A2Z »

Sorry, my bad. :oops:

But you get the idea.....................

BTW you spelled it Gommorah and the correct spelling is Gomorrah, so technically, you spelled it wrong too. :-k
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Am I the only one that thought it was a great performance? Shakira and J Lo weren’t really doing anything different from what they’ve been doing their whole careers.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

The only one here that thinks that perhaps. Definitely not the only person who watched it, I've seen plenty of praise. I don't understand why, as I said debate over appropriateness aside I thought it was pretty bland and unmemorable as a performance, but it's all subjective opinion.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

The real question is why hasn't Weird Al got to do a Super Bowl Halftime yet?
A2Z
Fourscore and seven

Post by A2Z »

Probably because he's not weird enough yet. :noway:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

The Top Crusader wrote:The real question is why hasn't Weird Al got to do a Super Bowl Halftime yet?
Yes! Now that's a show I would watch...as someone who knows all of the words to "The Saga Begins." :anxious: