The Soda Shop is BROKEN!

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

The Soda Shop is BROKEN!

Post by snubs »

Does anyone know why The Soda Shop is broken? :?

When you go to the web address you are welcomed with a blue screen and this message:
The Soda Shop wrote:Don't worry, we'll be back soon!

Applesauce must have been triggered somehow and we need to repair The Soda Shop.
I can't say for sure how long it has been this way, but I'm pretty sure it's been like 2 weeks or more..
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
SirWhit
I'm finally a No0b

Post by SirWhit »

We're experiencing some downtime because of technical issues. We need to upgrade our forum software and MODs in order to come back online, which will take some time. We're not sure of an ETA yet but we'll do our best to keep everyone informed—thanks for your understanding.
MonkeyDude
Processing

Post by MonkeyDude »

I was wondering about this too! Thanks for your hard work
*Finger guns aggressively*
GJ
Pilgrim

Post by GJ »

I'm glad it's not just me then. thank you for your hard work.
"To know whether truth is actually true or just an imposter, give it some licorice." -Wooton Basset
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

So, what's the progress report on the Soda Shop? Is there a time frame for when it might be back up?
Eugene
Official Brainiac
Official Brainiac

Post by Eugene »

Hey, everyone! I've been helping Jacob with the broken board over the past month or so. Sorry about the downtime, but we're doing our best to fix it ASAP!
snubs wrote:So, what's the progress report on the Soda Shop? Is there a time frame for when it might be back up?
I don't have a firm ETA at this point, but we should (maybe) have it back online in the next 1-2 weeks. For sure by the end of April.

Let me tell ya, it's been a time! But the Soda Shop will be back. I was able to salvage all of the posts and user data, so no worries there! \:D/ Once we setup the new server and install the up-to-date phpBB software, we just have to make sure that all the new extensions are installed to replace the old MODs and whatnot. I'm currently re-building the style that Jacob made for the original board which is the lengthy, time-consuming part. I had to essentially start over from scratch.

"Don't fuss with me." WHY;
shnoodlec
Tallying up

Post by shnoodlec »

Thanks for the update!
High wellborn Lady shnoodlec Knight of the Order of Augustine, formally known as Queen of the Monkeys. now enjoying an era of peace between the Monkeys and Vampires. permanent n00b. Q&A thread HERE. come find me on the ToO chat if you dare.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Eugene wrote:
snubs wrote:So, what's the progress report on the Soda Shop? Is there a time frame for when it might be back up?
I don't have a firm ETA at this point, but we should (maybe) have it back online in the next 1-2 weeks. For sure by the end of April.

Let me tell ya, it's been a time! But the Soda Shop will be back. I was able to salvage all of the posts and user data, so no worries there! \:D/ Once we setup the new server and install the up-to-date phpBB software, we just have to make sure that all the new extensions are installed to replace the old MODs and whatnot. I'm currently re-building the style that Jacob made for the original board which is the lengthy, time-consuming part. I had to essentially start over from scratch.
Dang, that sounds intensive. =o But I'm glad you guys seem to be in the home stretch! I'm excited for the reopening! \:D/
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

Eugene wrote:Hey, everyone! I've been helping Jacob with the broken board over the past month or so. Sorry about the downtime, but we're doing our best to fix it ASAP!
Thanks for all your help with that, Eugene!

I guess the silver lining in the Soda Shop being down is that maybe some users there will give the ToO a try. :-
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

Eugene wrote:Hey, everyone! I've been helping Jacob with the broken board over the past month or so. Sorry about the downtime, but we're doing our best to fix it ASAP!

Once upon a time, the SS had its own chat until it broken and was unable to be repaired. Would this feature become available again when the SS is returned or is it forever gone?
:wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky:
shnoodlec
Tallying up

Post by shnoodlec »

That's what they WANT you to believe
High wellborn Lady shnoodlec Knight of the Order of Augustine, formally known as Queen of the Monkeys. now enjoying an era of peace between the Monkeys and Vampires. permanent n00b. Q&A thread HERE. come find me on the ToO chat if you dare.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Penguin wrote:Once upon a time, the SS had its own chat until it broken and was unable to be repaired. Would this feature become available again when the SS is returned or is it forever gone?
But I like that SS and ToO'ers sharing the Odyssey Chat. Don't suggest taking everyone away. :(

The chat is so quiet as it is. It would really become dead if the SS got their chatroom back.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Peachey Keen wrote:I guess the silver lining in the Soda Shop being down is that maybe some users there will give the ToO a try. :-
I feel compelled to state for the record that the Soda Shop outage was not caused by the missile system that Team Moosewood started.
...Even though they were mentioned as a possible target by a later administration.

We definitely did not intentionally take down the Soda Shop in an attempt to drive traffic to us.

We didn't do it unintentionally either.

I mean we didn't do it at all. We had nothing to do with it is what I'm trying to say.
Eugene
Official Brainiac
Official Brainiac

Post by Eugene »

snubs wrote:Dang, that sounds intensive. =o But I'm glad you guys seem to be in the home stretch! I'm excited for the reopening! \:D/
Yeah, I'm excited too! \:D/ Also really missed this dancing smiley!
shnoodlec wrote:Thanks for the update!
Peachey Keen wrote:Thanks for all your help with that, Eugene!
For sure!! I've enjoyed the challenge as well as getting to reconnect with the Odyssey online community because of it. :D
Peachey Keen wrote:I guess the silver lining in the Soda Shop being down is that maybe some users there will give the ToO a try. :-
That would be cool! It know it's gotten me back into the ToO a bit. Bren told me about this thread and I decided to pipe up for the first time in forever!
snubs wrote:
Penguin wrote:Once upon a time, the SS had its own chat until it broken and was unable to be repaired. Would this feature become available again when the SS is returned or is it forever gone?
But I like that SS and ToO'ers sharing the Odyssey Chat. Don't suggest taking everyone away. :(

The chat is so quiet as it is. It would really become dead if the SS got their chatroom back.
Oh yeah, that's a good question! I was recently reading about that whole ordeal with the chat being broken. :lol:

My own opinion is that it doesn't totally make sense to have a separate chat just for the Soda Shop when all of the chat can go under one roof at Odyssey.Chat, so I doubt that we'll implement another chat system there. At least for now. Besides, Jacob likes to keep things simple over at the Scoop... so yeah, overall I agree with snubs. (But never say never! :anxious: )
bookworm wrote:
I feel compelled to state for the record that the Soda Shop outage was not caused by the missile system that Team Moosewood started.
...Even though they were mentioned as a possible target by a later administration.

We definitely did not intentionally take down the Soda Shop in an attempt to drive traffic to us.

We didn't do it unintentionally either.

I mean we didn't do it at all. We had nothing to do with it is what I'm trying to say.
:^o

That's what they always say... :noway:

Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

Eugene wrote:
snubs wrote:

Oh yeah, that's a good question! I was recently reading about that whole ordeal with the chat being broken. :lol:

My own opinion is that it doesn't totally make sense to have a separate chat just for the Soda Shop when all of the chat can go under one roof at Odyssey.Chat, so I doubt that we'll implement another chat system there. At least for now. Besides, Jacob likes to keep things simple over at the Scoop... so yeah, overall I agree with snubs. (But never say never! :anxious: )
I was just wondering if the SS chat was truly unrepairable or if we were being bamboozled. But, yes I would vote for the SS to point to the Odyssey Chat as their chat so that doesn't lose chatters.
Last edited by Pengwin on Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky:
Eugene
Official Brainiac
Official Brainiac

Post by Eugene »

Penguin wrote:
Eugene wrote:
snubs wrote:

I was just wondering if the SS chat was truly unrepairable or if we were being bamboozled. But, yes I would vote for the SS to point to the Odyssey Chat as their chat so that doesn't lose chatters.
Cool, cool. From what I can tell, it was pretty much irreparable. Though if it was salvageable, all of the old MODs aren't compatible with the new version of phpBB so it would have to be replaced anyway. But yes. I'd like to explore ways to revitalize the chat and maybe integrate it into both the SS and ToO, but that's for later. ;)

snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Eugene wrote:I'd like to explore ways to revitalize the chat and maybe integrate it into both the SS and ToO, but that's for later. ;)
Oh, man, that would be so freakin cool! =o
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

I think the SS chat should remain a memory and we should stick with the union with The ToO chat. Especially considering various channels have been hosted there over the years even CC at one point. Pretty sure we even linked to the chat before all the gitches.

I definitely miss the AIO discussion since there's not much here as of late.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
A2Z
Fourscore and seven

Post by A2Z »

If the SS ever comes back online, I MIGHT EVEN JOIN IT.....

unless no one wants me to :)
Jacob Isom
I'm not Gabe

Post by Jacob Isom »

Hi everyone, just checking in and sad that you are all grieving the missing Soda Shop message boards. This is the first time I have logged in to the ToO since 2014 (gasp!), but I've been perusing from afar logged out of my account. Stay tuned... we're getting so close to completion! And I have a great helper!
"Providing the Scoop on Adventures in Odyssey, one cone at a time."
http://www.odysseyscoop.com | Personal Site: http://www.jacobisom.org