The Town Hall is dying!

we have abandond the town hall and it is now in the state of emptyness

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

Will you go back?

sure after a while
28%
The TH? I thought it died?
14%
no I am to busy with the five other message boards I frequent
3%
I guess I could stop by once in a while
48%
I guess not
7%

Total votes: 29

Andrea Meltsner
I've been working out

The Town Hall is dying!

Post by Andrea Meltsner »

Will you go back someday? It seems that because Shadowpaw put this lovely site up and now Dax is over there all alone. I miss it when everone was over there. Would you go back someday? or is this our new home? well I got to go to class now so bye.
Doctor Who is Awesome

I couldn't stay away

Nerdfighter for Life!
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

I Stop by now and then at the TH and I do miss some of the people that haven't come over such as Amadeo Jared and the Rest of the Admins that haven't come over. I think of this as my new home for now but that dosen't mean I have forgotten about the TH.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Indeed, I wish the other admins would post more here. :(

But, as I've said whenever this comes up, I think things will balance out in time. Town of Odyssey is still new and exciting. Eventually it will lose some of its newness and things will even out.

I still prowl around at the TH... I just don't post a whole lot, as there is not a lot to reply to. And we don't get paid for posting there. \:D/
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

I just got back from over there. I didn't post though. I went to the Townhall, looked at a few topics, then left.
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Post by Eugene Blackgaard »

I still run a dialy check on the TH. It's slow now but I think it could pick up. I fear the TH may never be the same, though. :(
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Where'd that shiny new lock go!? :shock:
Margaret Faye
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by Margaret Faye »

We decided to leave this topic open.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Okay. Can I have the lock? :-k
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

I will most definitely go back, in fact I still do! There's no way I would abandon the TH! It was my very first message board, and I learned so much on it!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I still go back. I am not going to abandon it. It was the first AIO message board I signed up for so I can't abandon it. I do not think the TH is dead yet as soon as the newness of this board wears off the TH will be back.
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

Seein' as I'm suppose to be asleep, I'm going to make what could be a really long post fairly short.

I've been around the TH since '99......It has made it through countelss other boards (including the Mole Boards which took over as the place for AIO fans to chat for a while), and rather they dying, it keeps growing........you guys may not believe me........so ask Shadowpaw, Jared, Xhan, or a few others who were around back in "the good ol' days"........when it started we had maybe 10 to 15 ppl there (that's when I showed up, I'm sure it was much less when it first started). Even if my numbers are off a bit, lets put it this way.........EVERYONE at the old TH was on a first-name basis (going by s/n).......now it's be nearly impossible to remember everyone's name / sn (without looking on the member's list), when their birthday is, what state they live in, etc.

It has also survived countless crashes (OK, perhaps they could be counted.........but I don't really want to take that much time right now) where all the members had to relocate elsewhere for a time until the problem was fixed.........and as soon as it was fixed people went back.

As much as everyone here likes The ToO, I'm nearly sure that the biggest population will eventually return to the TH.......won't neccesarily abandon the ToO either, but they'll find and even ballance between the two boards (plus however many others they are on).

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

I check back now and then. At first I wasn't going to switch over to this one, but since everyone else did, and I was over at the TH all by my lonesome... I decided to swing by. Now I don't want to go back!
Evolution is a faith, not a science!
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

I've stuck around both, although I've been here more simply b/c there's more activity here.

-Jonathan
Me
An original

Post by Me »

I still check the TH every few days. Like Jonathan said, there is more going on here. The TH seems to go through periods where it is almost entirely dormant.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

how bout a option that says "I still go there"
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I go there, but no one seems to posting new topics. And I don't really have anything to start a new thread, I just like to comment on exsisting ones.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I still visit, read, and post at the Town Hall but not nearly as much as I do here. =D> We'll see if it keeps up.
Fenix
The Rich

Post by Fenix »

Is the townhall anything like this place? Can someone give me a link maybe i ll see what going on there.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

http://townhall.switchflood.com

It use to be like this place..........it's similar....kinda.....it's AIO related.

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.