Your biggest fear

What really scares you?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Right now, I am most afraid of riptide. Lets just say that I had a very frightening experience this summer.
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

I am often very afraid that one of my younger siblings will get kidnapped and/or murdered or run over on the way home from school.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Me wrote:Right now, I am most afraid of riptide. Lets just say that I had a very frightening experience this summer.
what is riptide? I think I've heard of it before..
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

Losing someone else I really love.

When you are in a pond and can't see the bottom, but the water has seaweed and other stuff in it......and you just KNOW there are things by your feet......

Walking in intersections. I always cross the street if possible unless it's REALLY busy someplace other than an intersection.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

jessicado wrote:Losing someone else I really love.
I think that's also one of my fears . . . but I don't fear for those I love who are also believers. My concern is for those, who I love, who have not yet found Christ. Gotta keep praying for them. O:)

. . . oh, and falling. Which means rollercoasters and other insane rides you'll find at a fair or an amusement park.

:: shudder ::

Just looking at them makes me want to puke. :-#
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

I love roller coasters!!!! My fave was Superman at Six Flags. When I was in Vegas I went on this Nascar one in the hotel I was staying at was pretty much the same thing as Superman, but a little shorter.

What I don't like is the price! It was $10.00 for literally a 30 second ride!!!! My friends timed it and said it took me 26 seconds to leave and come back :-s
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Has anyone ever been on Wild Thing?

It's pretty close to my house, but I'll never go on it as I like my stomach to remain at the same altitude as me.

-Jonathan
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I've been to Valley Fair! I went last summer and went on Wild Thing two or three times. It wasn't that bad. I thought that I might be kind of scared on real rides, but I wasn't. Valley Fair was the first real amusement park that I had been to, so I'm not one of those people who have lots of ride experience, but I had fun! Bigger rides might be scarier for me, though. I found Steel Venom to be much freakier than Wild Thing. My sister and I went on that one together, but we only went once! That was enough. You have to take off your shoes and glasses, and it twists you up the snake's "tail" and "head" and you stop and jerk for a second at the top part. It was cool, but after a day of riding, that was enough to pretty much finish off my day!

I, like many others apparently, hate spiders. I wouldn't say that I fear them, but I would be happy if I was never around a spider ever again.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

You were literally within a few miles of where I was.

I don't think I've been to Valleyfair since they opened Steel Venom. Not that I have any plans to ever ride it...

-Jonathan
Frodo
Classic

Post by Frodo »

I'm afraid of lots of stuff. Mostly cancer though.
Priscilla

<><
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

J-man wrote:
Me wrote:Right now, I am most afraid of riptide. Lets just say that I had a very frightening experience this summer.
what is riptide? I think I've heard of it before..
I quote myself^
What is riptide?
Jonathan wrote:Has anyone ever been on Wild Thing?

It's pretty close to my house, but I'll never go on it as I like my stomach to remain at the same altitude as me.

-Jonathan
I'd never go on that! it is waaaaay too high..
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

a strong current in the ocean that pulls you out to sea I believe
dancer02248
I've been working out

Post by dancer02248 »

okay, i have a pond by my house, and so my brother and sister used to catch frogs and torment me with them. I have so many horror stories about frogs, that's my biggest fear!! FROGS!!

one time i was in my kitchen throwing something out in the garbage, and a frog was sitting on the lid to the garbage can and started hopping around my kitchen!!! AHHHHHH!!!

Another things that i'm not afraid of, but grosses me out is those ferns that have the seeds on the back of them. Dots like that gross me out. hey, i'm not that wierd, i know someone else who has the same problem :D \:D/

okay...i'm wierd
Bandit Squirrel
OK

Post by Bandit Squirrel »

I'm definately scared of speaking in front of people and talking to people I don't know.
I'm moderately scared of spiders, the dark, and eating around people other than my family.