Your biggest fear

What really scares you?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
poWerbOy
If posts were pigs...

Your biggest fear

Post by poWerbOy »

Well we all know that Connie is afraid of staplers....me-I have this strange abnormal fear of elevators....I get so scared when i have to go in one and lots of times i beg my friends to take the stairs with me(unfortunately that doesn't work in 20 story buildings...) I also am terrified of being alone. Definitely Being alone in an elevator scares me to death!!!
pianokitty
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by pianokitty »

my greatest fear is prolly of people. going to a resteraunt scares me so bad cause i have to tell the waiter my order..and buying things at stores is just..SCARY. :thud:
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

Dinosaurs! AAAAGGGGHHHH!!! If I ever met a dinosaur, I'd just die! :thud:

A minor fear is of spiders. I mean, I'm not afraid of them, it's just they freak me out. Ever since that one time I was under our deck, with lots of spider webs, and came out, and felt a spider crawling on my back under my shirt!!!! :mad:
Evolution is a faith, not a science!
Sarah
Someone's favorite

Post by Sarah »

Hmm... the hand that comes out from under my bed and trys to grab my ankle when I try to get into bed at night. What? 8-[

My sister and brother used to torment me, and make me think that I had to jump into bed, or a bony green hand would reach out and grab my ankle. And it'd pull me under, and I'd never come out :P

Ha ha, same here poWerbOy, but I am also sort of a hipocrite... I have being in an elevator alone, but I don't like it when someone else comes in and we're the only two in there. freaky! So really, I prefer to be in one with either friends or and adult, or both. :-P Or of course my family.

Sarah
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...

Sarah wrote:Hmm... the hand that comes out from under my bed and trys to grab my ankle when I try to get into bed at night. What? 8-[

My sister and brother used to torment me, and make me think that I had to jump into bed, or a bony green hand would reach out and grab my ankle. And it'd pull me under, and I'd never come out :P
You just put into words what I always used to feel at night, but couldn't describe.

Actually I could, but, you know how that goes.

I'm just a little hyper tonight. \:D/
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I hate spiders. I don't know if I'd say I'm scared of them, but that's the only thing that comes to mind. I moreso do not like to be startled by one suddenly being right before my eyes, or touching me in any way... though if I see one from a distance I don't care so much.

I'm rather fond of rats and snakes and other various vermin.
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...

The Top Crusader wrote:I hate spiders. I don't know if I'd say I'm scared of them, but that's the only thing that comes to mind. I moreso do not like to be startled by one suddenly being right before my eyes, or touching me in any way... though if I see one from a distance I don't care so much.

Ditto, ditto, ditto!!!!!!!!!!! :yes: :inlove: :worship: :yes: :inlove: :worship:
jollyholiday
I'm a teapot

Post by jollyholiday »

separation from God.

-jolly
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Jman 009 wrote:
The Top Crusader wrote:I hate spiders. I don't know if I'd say I'm scared of them, but that's the only thing that comes to mind. I moreso do not like to be startled by one suddenly being right before my eyes, or touching me in any way... though if I see one from a distance I don't care so much.

Ditto, ditto, ditto!!!!!!!!!!! :yes: :inlove: :worship: :yes: :inlove: :worship:
Heehee... I'm glad my opinion is so agreeable to you! :D
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

separation from God.

-jolly

also my smoke alarm. I know its silly but. I love reading at night and I once read Frank peretti's THE OATH. For those that havent read it it involves a "thing" a very scary and evil thing, and you can only see its eyes. Anyway my smoke alarm has a little green light that blinks and is in my line of sight before I go to sleep. It reminds me of the "thing"'s eye. Sorry that was kinda long. hopefully that made some sense
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

You just gave me something to fear.

I'm joking. Considering what that 'thing' represents, if we are redeemed we really have no reason to fear it.

-Jonathan
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

Imeant more along the lines of how do I know if something is really there or not? then I just start to pscyhe myself out and have to turn on all the lights to remind myself it was just a book.

actually I liked all of Frank Peretti's books, but they all creeped me out.
I just remembered the other reason that book scared me. It took place less than an hour from where I live. In fact I have been to that general area many times. eep :shock: creepying myself out again.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

(1) Public speaking. :: shudder :: I actually enjoy making presentations to smaller groups (assuming I have any interest in the topic) . . . but large groups? [-( I need to work on that.

(2) Being a failure. I'm a perfectionist. I like everything I do to be absolutely flawless and, thus, 'failureless.' However, sometimes things in life don't always go the way you want and you gotta pick yourself up and move on. It's much better than wallowing in self-pity. 8-[
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Manda
Someone's favorite

Post by Manda »

I think it's failing. It would be horrid to fail. And then of course there are more that it wouldn't be right to say.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I CAN'T STAND SPIDERS!!! I'm not terrified of them, per se, but I still cannot stand them. (Watson is a good brother and kills them for me :hug: )

I'm also afraid of public speaking. My face and ears get BRIGHT red whenever I have to talk to a lot of people. :shocking:
It's horrible.
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

I am pretty afraid of hights. I am also afraid of not being good enough. It's pretty stupid, but either I go overboard on doing something right, or I don't even try to do it in the first place, because I'm afraid I won't be good enough.
mr. mellow
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by mr. mellow »

being kidnaped at my house when all my fam is away and then being tourched [-o<
Image [img]
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

The very big bodies of water. I would never ever swim in the ocean...who knows what or who is going to swim up and eat you?

Frank thinks of overhead picture of innocent swimmer in the ocean, and under the water you can see the open jaws of a huge fish swimming up to eat the poor person. *shudders*
Christian Cowgirl
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Christian Cowgirl »

Lightbulbs when I'm painting, augh they're freeky. And the kind of ladders you have to lean against something...
I never make mistakes. I thought I did once, but I was wrong.
Andrea Meltsner
I've been working out

Post by Andrea Meltsner »

when I am standing on a bridge or a deck, stair case, ladder or something tall I am afraid of falling and smashing itno little pieces

I am also scared of Escalators...again with the falling and smashing into a bunch of peices, now add being sucked into the little place where the stairs go.

spiders

having a heart atack

being buried alive

that I could be alive during the end of the world and have to go thourgh all that stuff!

dieing and finding out that I am not going to heaven ( well not really)

being separated from God

Terrorists coming to get me!
Doctor Who is Awesome

I couldn't stay away

Nerdfighter for Life!