Favorite Book of the Bible

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Favorite Book of the Bible

Post by Dr. Watson »

I thought I'd post another poll in order to drag more information out of the ToO citizens. :D

What's your favorite OT book and NT book?

OT: Psalms for me. They seem so calming and soothing. It's nice to know that the psalmists had problems too and trusted God. It's a great book, and I read the psalms a lot.

NT: Hmm...it's a toss up 'twixt Romans and John. John has some great verses for new Christians. They helped me when I was young believer. I like Romans becuase Paul so logically demolishes the unbeliever's arguments and presents Christ as the only Savior.

How about you?

Cheerio

The Doc :detective:
Alleycat
insert dash here

Post by Alleycat »

You want me to say something? 8-[
And each light that we've extinguished has brought darkness to our Land...
Upon our Nation have mercy Lord!
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Like you, Watson, I greatly enjoy the Psalms. In the New Testament, my favorite is probably James.
Christian Cowgirl
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Christian Cowgirl »

OT probably Genesis.

NT would be a toss up between Romans and Ephesians.
I never make mistakes. I thought I did once, but I was wrong.
StupendousMan
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by StupendousMan »

James is an awesome book, and the psalms of course.
TheRunt
Pilgrim

Post by TheRunt »

Esther because that's my name. 8-[

$TheRunt
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Favorite book? Hm, I'm not quite sure. I enjoy Ecclesiastes. That's probably my favorite in the OT. NT is probably Mark.
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

OT: hmmm.......either Psalms or Proverbs........or Esther......or both books of Kings.......or Isaiah........or Jerimiah ;)

NT: Definately Matthew.......or Luke........or Ephesians.........or Romans.......or Phillipians....or Acts.......or Mark ;)

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

I love the book of Ruth. (i'm kind of a sap and this book is a little sappy plus Ruth encourages me with her strenghth and courage)

I have not finished the NT yet. My goal is to have the whole Bible Read by July 16 (I started last July 16) and I am in Acts right now. I do like Hebrews and John a lot though.
Andrea Meltsner
I've been working out

Post by Andrea Meltsner »

TheRunt wrote:Esther because that's my name. 8-[

$TheRunt
that is ok, :D

I like the whole thing! {picks up Bible and hugs it} It is Gods word, he gave it to us, that is why I like the whole thing! :D
Doctor Who is Awesome

I couldn't stay away

Nerdfighter for Life!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I've always loved the book of Ruth, and Three Funerals and a Wedding only made me like it more! I love a lot of the classic Bible stories in Genesis, too, however.

As for the NT, I don't know if I have a favourite. Philippians is good...I guess that's what I would pick if I had to choose one. But there's no NT book that I can say that I've liked and read frequently since childhood, like I have with Ruth.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

I'm not sure about OT, but my favorite NT one is Romans, specifically the 8th chapter, specifically the last part of said chapter. You can tell he was on a soap box by that point.

-Jonathan
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

My favorite New Testament book is Job! :D

What's that? That line is already taken? :anxious:

Er... I like a lot of books. I'll have to think about it and see if I can actually name a favorite. :-k :)
Jeremy
Smile for the camera

Post by Jeremy »

Jonathan wrote:I'm not sure about OT, but my favorite NT one is Romans, specifically the 8th chapter, specifically the last part of said chapter. You can tell he was on a soap box by that point.

-Jonathan
Amen. That is one of the most wonderful passages of Scripture. :)

Jeremy
Bandit Squirrel
OK

Post by Bandit Squirrel »

In the Old Testament, Ruth or Esther are probably my favorite books. I'm not sure what my favorite New Testament book is. Possibly Colossians.