MOUSEPADS

What's in your wallet? err.....desk

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Jessicado
Love to love

MOUSEPADS

Post by Jessicado »

So, I noticed this board is desperately lacking another unimportant topic--and TADA!!!! jessicado to the rescue!!!! (Hey that rhymes!!!!) \:D/ I should make that my siggy....

Um yeah--so mousepads! What is yours? Anyone got cool designs? Normal one that came with their comp? Gel?

I personally just got a gel one after literally starting to wear a little callus on that little pointy bone on the bottom of the palm of my had. Kinda hard to explain--but it was always rubbing on the desk. I am very thankful for my new one. God bless whoever invented gel. :worship:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I use the touch pad thing on my laptop, so I don't need a mouse pad, but I do have an interesting mouse pad story.

Last year I had a desktop, and therefore had a mouse and needed a mouse pad when I went to college. My dad apprently bought me a Winnie-the-Pooh mouse pad as a little surprise, but then I didn't bring my computer to school right away (a really long story involving a furniture issue in a new dorm i.e. I didn't have a bedframe, much less a desk at first). Later, my dad thought that he had given the mouse pad to me, but he didn't. Then he couldn't find it. My dad usually doesn't forget stuff or misplace stuff, so he found it quite irritating, and was sure that he must have given it to me. That was a year and a half ago or so, and the mouse pad still hasn't turned up anywhere. :-({|= Now I don't need it, so I guess it's all right. (Though I think that I will get a separate mouse, so I guess I should start ransacking the house and garage for that mousepad!)
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

=D>

I am applauidng anyone who can use those supposed mouses on laptops. They drive me nuts!!!! I just hook up my mouse to my laptop if I use it.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

I have a plain super-thin pad from planlinx, whatever that is. My parents gave it to me after a friend gave me his computer (and pringer, and keyboard, and monitor, and TV, and brand-new scanner, and frisbee the night before I left for college) for free. That and speakers were the only things I didn't get out of the deal. It was an extra one we had lying around, so I took it.

-Jonathan
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Seeing as how I have a laptop, I have the option of using the mouse pad or the little blue thing in the middle of the keyboard. I only use them in the most dire of situations. :anxious: I much prefer using a mouse. We recently purchased a couple USB optical mouses (mice?), and they're the best. No need to restart the computer if you want to remove the mouse temporarily and plug it in back later. \:D/

Anyhow, I currently use a Buzz Lightyear pad I received as a gift several years ago. :D I've looked online for an image of my mousepad, but I have been unsuccessful thus far. I guess they don't sell it anymore.
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

mine says: DELL
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I am using a 3M Pecise Mousing Surface. It is not thick enough to be called a pad. I'm not sure if my brother gave it to me, or I bought it.
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

J-man wrote:mine says: DELL
ha ha! So does mine!
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

We don't have a mousepad. We have an optical mouse, and the mousepad that we had was white, which reflected the little light, and the mouse didn't work right, so we got rid of it. It's much better this way.
Last edited by Evil Chick on Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Simbelmyne34 wrote:
ha ha! So does mine!
It does? now that is freaky.. :anxious:
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Dell. A circle will the big block letters of Dell, and writing around the circle.

Oh, and there is a mouse on top!
Me
An original

Post by Me »

On the laptop I use either a touchpad or an optical mouse w/o a pad. On my primary desktop I use a ugly brown thing that says mouse mat on it. We found it in our driveway when I was in fourth grade. On the secondary desktop, I use a Detonation Films mouse pad. I got it for entering their stock footage contest which I ended up winning.
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

J-man wrote:
Simbelmyne34 wrote:
ha ha! So does mine!
It does? now that is freaky.. :anxious:
That is what I used to have before I upgraded. I actually have an optical mouse, so I don't acutally need a mousepad, but it works better with one.....and the gel makes my wrist not hurt. :D I am suspecting I am the only one with this problem though...........
Me
An original

Post by Me »

I can't stand the gell ones because they are squishy and make my mouse do wierd things (this is, of course assuming that you are using one with a gell surface rather than just a gell wrist pad). As a gamer, I need precision, and I can't get it with gell. They are comfy, however.
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

I didn't know they made ones with gel surfaces! Mine is just the wrist part....

I am really surprised no one here has cool or funky mousepads! You all just seemed like the kinda people who would have LOTR mousepads or something.......
chexfan2000
Gold Member

Post by chexfan2000 »

No mousepad here! :D We have a laser mouse, which needs no paltry mousepad. :tophat:
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

Our drab boring mousepad says: COMP USA...the computer superstore...and then the phone number. But at least our mouse is wireless, which is kinda cool.
Bandit Squirrel
OK

Post by Bandit Squirrel »

I have a gel mousepad that advertises some kind of German candy and has glitter floating around in it.
David O
I'm memorable

Post by David O »

No mousepad here for teh moment. I merely glide a styling Logitech MX1000 across my wooden PC desk.
Not dead yet.
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

Bandit Squirrel wrote:I have a gel mousepad that advertises some kind of German candy and has glitter floating around in it.

Saweet! That's what I am talking about..