Time of year

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

Favorite season

Spring
10%
Summer
50%
Winter
30%
Fall
10%

Total votes: 20

Carrie Ingalls
An original

Time of year

Post by Carrie Ingalls »

What is your favorite time of year, and why?

~OrigamiKid
In the darkness, my thugs silently protect the girls from sketchy Bostonians
Thirteen is a prime number. I hate prime numbers. ~Trent DeWhite
OrigamiKid= Is seen working with square pieces of imported paper. ~Sarai
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Hm, we might need Harley Doyle to fix the poll. Where's Fall/Autumn? :-s

It's really based upon my mood. At the moment, I'd have to say summer. \:D/
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Sarah
Someone's favorite

Post by Sarah »

Summer!!!!

But in a way, winter... Allergies always kick in around spring/summer (like, now), so I'm pretty miserable. ](*,)

But, since we usually go to the beach for vacation, the allergies take a vacation too. (thankfully, there is no pollen at the beach ;)). So, summer. As I said before.

Sarah
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

Winter. Or late spring/early summer. ...I hate early spring, mostly because about 90% of stuff is dead-ish and brown-ish. -_o
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Fall!!! I love the cool but not frigid air, the colors and smell of the leaves, hiking in the mountains, Thanksgiving and putting up the Christmas decorations. Aaahhh!!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I absolutely love Fall. I am not a hot weather person. Plus, I love the colors.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Hooray for winter! I've been criticized for my preference of winter before, but that hasn't changed my mind! There aren't any mosquitoes or bugs outside, you always know what kind of weather to dress for (cold!) and I would rather be snowed on than rained on. I hate reain and puddles! I also don't like getting really warm, because there's only so much that you can take off or do to deal with the heat. With winter, you just turn up the heat inside, or put warmer clothes on. Plus, I like snow! \:D/ That is why I prefer winter.

*dodges the sunglasses being thrown by all the pro-warm-weather people*
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Summer! I hate cold and wet and snow and rain and damp and stuff.

And I love warm and hot and dry and humid. I wish it were summer all year round.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Definitely winter. I'm very sensitive to heat. I can always warm up by wearing more clothes, etc, but there is a limit to how much you can cool off if you don't have air conditioning. And we don't.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

I voted summer, but I like pretty much any season at the beginning of it.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Catspaw wrote:Hooray for winter! I've been criticized for my preference of winter before, but that hasn't changed my mind! There aren't any mosquitoes or bugs outside, you always know what kind of weather to dress for (cold!) and I would rather be snowed on than rained on. I hate reain and puddles! I also don't like getting really warm, because there's only so much that you can take off or do to deal with the heat. With winter, you just turn up the heat inside, or put warmer clothes on. Plus, I like snow! \:D/ That is why I prefer winter.

Ha, that's what I think too! Winter is my favorite after fall - my family doesn't understand that at all. They are all summer (hot, sticky, drenched with sweat, mosquito bites, ticks, etc.) people. :D
Climber
I've been here a bit

Post by Climber »

I prefer summer, winter is nice but during the late fall, winter and early spring I've got to do debate.

Climber
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Laura Ingalls wrote:
Catspaw wrote:Hooray for winter! I've been criticized for my preference of winter before, but that hasn't changed my mind! There aren't any mosquitoes or bugs outside, you always know what kind of weather to dress for (cold!) and I would rather be snowed on than rained on. I hate reain and puddles! I also don't like getting really warm, because there's only so much that you can take off or do to deal with the heat. With winter, you just turn up the heat inside, or put warmer clothes on. Plus, I like snow! \:D/ That is why I prefer winter.

Ha, that's what I think too! Winter is my favorite after fall - my family doesn't understand that at all. They are all summer (hot, sticky, drenched with sweat, mosquito bites, ticks, etc.) people. :D
Same here. I can't stand being hot, and I absolutely abhor bugs and humidity.

-Jonathan
Fenix
The Rich

Post by Fenix »

I like summer best because you dont have to wear so much clothes. Where I live in the spring time its always windy and raining. But the summer is nice just wear a Tshirt and shorts.
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

In Oregon, I don't care so much, but in MN---I HATE SUMMER!!!!!! Millions of huge mosquitoes and the humidity is horrendous. So I would vote fall or winter. I love all the colors of the leaves turning there (here everything is evergreen) and I love the snow. In Oregon, probably winter or fall. I don't like it as much when it snows here because no one is prepared for it and they act like it is the end of the world. At least people know how to deal with snow in MN.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Sunglasses? 8)
*grabs a bunch of snowballs and starts a barrage in Catspaw's direction* :p

I love summer! :D All seasons have their benefits of course but summer is my favorite. Fall would be second as I enjoy the crisper air and the coming of Christmas.

I HATE being cold. Since I'm indoors most of the time I can keep "cool" inside during the summer. In the winter I have a much harder time staying warm. Things just get a whole lot colder than they get warm. Not too many people die from the heat. :shame:

Rain is also another dislike of mine. It's not so bad if it's rare and I just look at it through the window occasionally (though the gloominess isn't always enjoyable)... but walking and driving in it is so much more inconvenient. :noway:
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

jessicado wrote:In Oregon, I don't care so much, but in MN---I HATE SUMMER!!!!!! Millions of huge mosquitoes and the humidity is horrendous. So I would vote fall or winter. I love all the colors of the leaves turning there (here everything is evergreen) and I love the snow. In Oregon, probably winter or fall. I don't like it as much when it snows here because no one is prepared for it and they act like it is the end of the world. At least people know how to deal with snow in MN.
Yeah, by driving slowly with white-knuckles. Actually, that's the one thing I dislike about winter, is driving in snow (my car isn't a big fan of winter).

-Jonathan
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

Oh that's right! I remember you talking about that. It seems when I go back to visit that everyone drives fast there......
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Jonathan wrote:
jessicado wrote:In Oregon, I don't care so much, but in MN---I HATE SUMMER!!!!!! Millions of huge mosquitoes and the humidity is horrendous. So I would vote fall or winter. I love all the colors of the leaves turning there (here everything is evergreen) and I love the snow. In Oregon, probably winter or fall. I don't like it as much when it snows here because no one is prepared for it and they act like it is the end of the world. At least people know how to deal with snow in MN.
Yeah, by driving slowly with white-knuckles. Actually, that's the one thing I dislike about winter, is driving in snow (my car isn't a big fan of winter).

-Jonathan
Where I live, that's not much of a problem because it hardly ever snows. When we get 3 inches, the city pretty much shuts down.
Agent DeWhite
Tallying up

Post by Agent DeWhite »

Firstly, I don't care much for winter. It's cold and my friends and family love cross-country skiing, which I hate. But there aren't any bugs, so it's not terrible.
Spring is wonderful! (except for the fact that the aforementioned family and friends love biking, which I also despise.) It's like a new beginning. The buds are coming out. The grass turns green. And it's quite entertaining to watch the river break up and rise.
There are so many fun things going on in Summer, it's hard to despise it, but I do despise the bugs, with a passion. Mosquitos, flies, horseflies, bleh. And when they're out, you can't wear shorts and a t-shirt (well a t-shirt is ok, but I don't wear shorts mostly for the bug reason.) without getting bitten to death. (I think MN and where I live are the absolute worse for bugs. Did you know that we actually use pellet guns to kill the mosquitos, they are so humungous?)
Fall is totally beautiful. The colors are magnificent. Last fall, my friend and I walked down to the riverbank nearly every day to just sit and talk about life. The geese were flying south, too It was so wonderful.

So out of the four seasons, spring would have to be my favorite. (Oh, did I mention that my birthday is in the spring, too?)