Time of year

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

Favorite season

Spring
10%
Summer
50%
Winter
30%
Fall
10%

Total votes: 20

drwhit73
Gold Member

Post by drwhit73 »

I mainly like the winter time because of the various holidays partially, but also because I just do. :-k It also can be a bad time though since most of my allergies are worst in winter for some weird reason.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Me wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
jessicado wrote:In Oregon, I don't care so much, but in MN---I HATE SUMMER!!!!!! Millions of huge mosquitoes and the humidity is horrendous. So I would vote fall or winter. I love all the colors of the leaves turning there (here everything is evergreen) and I love the snow. In Oregon, probably winter or fall. I don't like it as much when it snows here because no one is prepared for it and they act like it is the end of the world. At least people know how to deal with snow in MN.
Yeah, by driving slowly with white-knuckles. Actually, that's the one thing I dislike about winter, is driving in snow (my car isn't a big fan of winter).

-Jonathan
Where I live, that's not much of a problem because it hardly ever snows. When we get 3 inches, the city pretty much shuts down.
Yeah, in Bloomington, the town that prides itself on never closing school for anything we need at least a foot.

And Jessicado, I take it you haven't visited during a snowstorm? Other than that, we do have lead feet.

-Jonathan
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Me wrote:Where I live, that's not much of a problem because it hardly ever snows. When we get 3 inches, the city pretty much shuts down.
Ha, that's interesting. :D Three inches is nothing here in Ottawa. Try fifteen to twenty inches. #-o
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

Me wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
jessicado wrote:In Oregon, I don't care so much, but in MN---I HATE SUMMER!!!!!! Millions of huge mosquitoes and the humidity is horrendous. So I would vote fall or winter. I love all the colors of the leaves turning there (here everything is evergreen) and I love the snow. In Oregon, probably winter or fall. I don't like it as much when it snows here because no one is prepared for it and they act like it is the end of the world. At least people know how to deal with snow in MN.
Yeah, by driving slowly with white-knuckles. Actually, that's the one thing I dislike about winter, is driving in snow (my car isn't a big fan of winter).

-Jonathan
Where I live, that's not much of a problem because it hardly ever snows. When we get 3 inches, the city pretty much shuts down.
That's what I mean! (But since I live right by you it would make sense that we have the same experience)........Towns shut completely down and have no idea how to deal with this weird white cold substance that falls from teh sky

My pet peeve is still the driving here though--people drive like 15 miles an hour on the freeway and then constantly slam on their brakes and then so do all the people behind them ](*,) If you're gonna constantly slam on your brakes then only go 5 mph!!!
Jonathan wrote:And Jessicado, I take it you haven't visited during a snowstorm? Other than that, we do have lead feet.

OK--you got me on the snowstorm part! :D Usually people wait for the snowstorm to subside and then go out and dragrace............
Bandit Squirrel
OK

Post by Bandit Squirrel »

I love Spring! I don't like all the rain we get here, but I do like the days when it is sunny for a while, then rainy with some hail and then sunny again. I also like how everything turns green again after winter. Summer is also a nice season because I prefer to be too warm over being too cold.
I would like winter more than I do now if we would actually get some snow instead of rain.