Cabbage Patch Kids

Let me tell you about my best friend

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Cabbage Patch Kids

Post by Catspaw »

I still have the Cabbage Patch doll that I got when I saw around 3 years old from my Grandma and Grandpa! Her name is Cabbie. (I wasn't overly original when it came to names as a child). She's been with me through the good and bad for over 16 years, and though she looks a little worse for wear, I would never consider getting rid of her! She used to have a yellow soother that you could take in and out of her mouth, but it was made of hard plastic, and a long time ago it got stuck, and then broke. There's still a little piece of it sticking out of her mouth. I'm so used to seeing it there that it seems normal to me. Other people have tried to remove it, but it seems to be there permenantly!

I also have Cabbage Patch Kids sheets on my bed at college right now! In case you were wondering, Cabbie also came to college. She has now almost completed two full years at college! \:D/

The best thing about Cabbie (well, one of them) is that she's so old that she has a rellay hard head, the kind that they don't make anymore because people probably sued. My brother and sister learned a long time ago that Cabbie can and will be used as a lethal weapon! (Well, I don't usually do it anymore...)

I think that the new CBK dolls are cute, too, but I would never trade my Cabbie for one of them!

It's all right if you think I'm pathetic now, because Cabbie still loves me!
Last edited by Catspaw on Fri Apr 15, 2005 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I have 4. Three are the full sized doll and one is a premie. The first one I ever had is a girl named Missy Janina. My mom found her back when they were so popular you had to stand in long lines. My mom surprised me with her one afternoon when she picked me up from school. She is my favorite. I absolutely love her!!
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I used to have 5 of them. One preemie, two large ones, and two medium-sized ones. Two of them were from my older sister and the rest I received as presents. I don't remember the names all of them came with... the only one that sticks in my mind is the preemie which was the only boy in the group. Vincent Cedric. :p
I think I've gotten rid of all of them now... :-k
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Aw c'mon Catspaw! For a little kid coming up with stuff, Cabbie is a great name :)

I'm not even sure what Cabbage Patch Kids are still....

-Jonathan
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

I have one in storage from when I was a kid.....I never named him though. It's still in really good condition. I'm saving some of my fave toys for my kids.......
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Jonathan wrote:I'm not even sure what Cabbage Patch Kids are still....
You're such a guy! ;) :shame: They're dolls...

They were a huge hit when they first came out... stores couldn't keep them in stock. They continue to sell even today although not at the same speed. The company claims that each doll has a unique name and I believe they claim that all dolls are unique too but I could be wrong about that one. You can see that they look similar. :lol:

Hope that helps! :D
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

If you look at the fourth picture down that Chandler posted, the one in the back in the middle looks a lot like Cabbie, except that one is dressed in a guy outift, and I've always been convinced that Cabbie was a girl.

Thanks for posting the pictures - those are so cute! \:D/
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

You're welcome. :)