The Debate...

about piercings, tatoos and such

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Andrea Meltsner
I've been working out

The Debate...

Post by Andrea Meltsner »

Well since it seemed like we were about to debate wether or not we should have piercings and such, only it did not seeme like the thread to do it it, how about now. What do you say?
Doctor Who is Awesome

I couldn't stay away

Nerdfighter for Life!
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

I personally (generally) have no problem with either. I don't prefer men to have like earrings, and I don't really like piercings all over people's faces, either. And I could never get a tattoo, I'd be soooo scared! But if other people want to, it's fine with me.
mr. mellow
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by mr. mellow »

Ditto ^ =D>
Image [img]
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

The only opinion I really have about this subject: sometimes I have problems understanding people who have multiple holes pierced in their ears condemning someone for having their nose or eyebrow peirced.

If you think it's gross, that is one thing, but to judge someone is something competely different if you have also pierced holes in your body. When people who have no peircings/tattoos, etc, I completely respect when they do not beleive that piercing is okay, because they are showing that they support their beliefs. However, if a person chooses to pierce their ankle instead of their ear, it does not all of a sudden become a sin, while piercing the ear is not a sin. Hope that made sense.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Do people pierce their ankles? :shock:

The one thing I could see offending people is the body parts that might be pierced and shown. It's not exactly pretty when you see a guy with his nipples pierced. Image Also some people will sooner take offense at seeing the belly button constantly exposed (perhaps to show off a piercing) than seeing holes in the ears. Since piercing the ears has been the most common area pierced it's what people are used to. Some people more easily react to new things.

Just some ideas why people might act like that. :)
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

Oh, I totally understand people not being used to other-than-ear piercings and even being grossed out by them. I just find it offensive when people say it is a SIN to have their belly button or tongue or whatever pierced, but find the ears completely acceptable.

As far as I know, they haven't gotten around to ankle piercing yet, but I am sure they will soon!!!!! :-s
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

jessicado wrote:As far as I know, they haven't gotten around to ankle piercing yet, but I am sure they will soon!!!!! :-s
*gulps* That is not for me. =;
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

Oh, I'm totally going to get my ankle pierced as soon as they figure out how........and I figure--why stop there? I'm gonna pierce my knees, elbows, fingers, toes, heels.......... \:D/
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

jessicado wrote:Oh, I'm totally going to get my ankle pierced as soon as they figure out how........and I figure--why stop there? I'm gonna pierce my knees, elbows, fingers, toes, heels.......... \:D/
Well, that should be interesting. I'd love to see that!
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I want to see how she manages to walk on it. :o :anxious:
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

I used to think that it was wrong. But then I found out that slaves had to wear that ring in their ear to symbolize their permanent slavery to the household...and it's sorta like being showing that you're an eternal slave to Christ. I don't have my ears pierced...but think it looks pretty in other's. Having more than one in more on more than one body part is just a matter of personal taste. (Excessive looks kinda bad...imho)

Tattoos...sure, whatever...as long as you realize that it's gonna stay on you for the rest of your life... all the adults that I've talked to regret their choice.