Showering

Yet another hygene topic

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

How often do you shower

Once or more per day
45%
Every other day
32%
a couple times a week
11%
Once a week
5%
Dude! You just reminded me it's time for my monthly shower!
3%
Who has time to shower? There are posts on the ToO to make.
5%

Total votes: 38

gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Showering

Post by gimp80995 »

I remember this discussion from the TH from a while back..........

How often do you shower?

Me........I shot for daily, but it sometimes gets done every other day. I use to be in the practice of taking a good bath every night, then a quick shower every morning..........then cut it down to just the shower every morning.........

Now occasionally (like when I've been doing sports, or any other activity to make me sweat) I'll take a shower mid-afternoon as well ( I do like to be clean).

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Generally around three times a week unless there is strenuous activity, which will up it to every day.
Christian Cowgirl
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Christian Cowgirl »

Every other day. It takes so long to fix my hair after a shower other wise it'd probably be daily.
I never make mistakes. I thought I did once, but I was wrong.
gimp80995

Post by gimp80995 »

*waits for some goofball (much like herself) to choose the last option so we can sue Shadowpaw for hygiene neglegence and get all his ToO money*

*hopes everyone realized she is only joking*

*is not responsible for any ideas she may have given others in this thread* ;)

Peace Out

-Gimp

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Last time I checked, hygiene negligence wasn't a crime... and certainly not one that I can be held accountable for :).
gimp80995

Post by gimp80995 »

Shadowpaw wrote:Last time I checked, hygiene negligence wasn't a crime... and certainly not one that I can be held accountable for :).
One could try........courts are full of frivilous law wuits :)

Peace Out

-Gimp

Elf of Rivendell
random passerby elf
random passerby elf

Post by Elf of Rivendell »

Every day. On busy weeks however, I tend to cut it down to every other day. Homework overload causes hygiene negligence.
sorrowing you must go, and yet you are not without hope

sarai: rice cookerrrr
uz: 'ice coakrrrrr!!
uz: that's like the next gen shad lexoooooorrrrr
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Usually everyday, except in the event that I take a shower one night, go the next day without, then shower the next morning. But, yeah... usually everyday.

Plus I like to shower after I work out, so that ups the showering times somewhat.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I'd hope you prefer showering following a rigorous workout, Top. :anxious:

For me, it's typically four or five times a week. Considering a work at a pool, that can be upped by one or two, depending on whether I feel like showering twice in less than an hour. :-k
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

about every other day, unless It was a hot day and I sweated a lot
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

i shower twice a day and take a bath once a month (i hate baths but love showers)
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I shower almost every morning. I used to always take long baths (1 or 2 hours long, whenever it was at all possible) in the evenings, then braid my long hair and unbraid it in the morning. Then I got my hair cut to above shoulder length about a year ago, and couldn't even put my hair in a ponytail, so a braid was out of the question. Now I just get up a bit earlier than I used to have to. If I have a day where I can sit around at home, then I'll usually skip showering, but that almost never happens, unfortunately.
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

Cleanliness is my middle name.

I shower once a day, usually at night.
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

Pretty much ditto what Top said. I try to shower at night because I am not a morning person, and I usually only give myself 15 minutes in the morning to get up and out the door. But on the other hand, I hate showering at night because my hair is all wet and cold when I try to sleep and ends up with weird shapes in it when I wake up.......So then, I will try to make myself get up earlier to shower, but then I don't give myself any time to blow it dry or anything, so I end up haveing to go to class with wet hair........What I have been doing lately is showering mid evening which gives my hair time to dry. Aren't you all so much informed about my problems with wet hair now!!!! I think if I just shave my head I could solve a lot of my showering dilemna......
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Christian Cowgirl wrote:Every other day. It takes so long to fix my hair after a shower other wise it'd probably be daily.
Ditto.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Every day.
Sarah
Someone's favorite

Post by Sarah »

With curly hair, I HAVE to shower every single day. My mom doesn't like it too much though, that I shower so often.. We use a lot of conditioner this way... Otherwise, my hair turns into a ball of frizz, and I look like I have an afro (if I don't use a lot of conditioner).

Of course, on days that I don't go anywhere, I tend to shower every other day. Today will be my 5th day straight of showering every day. \:D/

Sarah
Hope
You like me! You really like me!
You like me! You really like me!

Post by Hope »

I try to shower every other day but it doesn't always happen so it is usually three times a week. :oops:
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Dr. Watson wrote:Cleanliness is my middle name.

I shower once a day, usually at night.
....... :-s
chexfan2000
Gold Member

Post by chexfan2000 »

I shower at least once a day, in the morning. If I get really dirty, I shower at night as well.