brushing your teeth

OK, I'm bored and this is a hygiene topic that hasn't yet come up

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

How often do you brush your teeth?

3 or more times a day
3%
twice a day
48%
Once a day
32%
every other day
No votes
less than every other day
No votes
Gimp, you are obviously bored outta your mind and need to get a life!
16%

Total votes: 31

gimp80995
No way I broke the window

brushing your teeth

Post by gimp80995 »

so how regularly do you brush your teeth?

I brush at least twice a day.......three or four times is not uncommon for me, but twice a day is the minimum.

How 'bout you?

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

Twice a day, wether I need it or not. (Had the most horrible time with cavities and such and am determined to have them never again.)
gimp80995

Post by gimp80995 »

Frank wrote: (Had the most horrible time with cavities and such and am determined to have them never again.)
*knows that feeling all too well*

*isn't suprised to see someone actually voted for the last option* (no, I wasn't the one who voted for it, but it did cross my mind) ;)

Peace Out

-Gimp

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

I somewhat agree with them in saying that you do need to go get a life. (Unless you are not a person and just an online-based computer program that periodically generates random info. :D )

And for those of you that don't brush your teeth and at the same time don't get cavities...I don't like you. :x
gimp80995

Post by gimp80995 »

Frank wrote:I somewhat agree with them in saying that you do need to go get a life. (Unless you are not a person and just an online-based computer program that periodically generates random info. :D )
Who knows........we have no solid evidence pointing to me being a person.
And for those of you that don't brush your teeth and at the same time don't get cavities...I don't like you. :x
I can share those feelings.

Peace Out

-Gimp

Eugene Meltsner
Tallying up

Post by Eugene Meltsner »

I attempt to brush at least five times daily! I take pride in my dental hygiene!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I do in the morning, before I go to bed, after every meal, and before I leave the house... so lots of times! :D

(although sometimes, like if I work in the morning, that combines morning brushing and before leaving brushing)
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I usually brush my teeth twice a day, but sometimes only once. It partially depends on whether I feel like it, and whether I have to be somewhere or not. If I have to go to school or work, then I always will right before I leave. If I have a day where I'm just going to sit around at home and eat, I'm usually too lazy to bother.

I hate the taste of fluoride, so I don't eat anything for as long as possible after I brush my teeth, because otherwise it feels like I'm swallowing it, and then I feel queasy.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

once a day the gum get the rest
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

EK, I'm confused. Do you mean that you chew gum so that you only have to brush your teeth once a day? :-s
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Eugene Kendall wrote:once a day the gum get the rest
Ha, the gum is the rest. ;) Or at least part of it.

I typically brush once a day, although I really should be brushing twice a day. Especially considering the fact I spend most of my days at home. Being homeschooled doesn't necessarily mean a student will brush more frequently. :D
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

Has anyone tried those little Crest on the go thingies? A friend pulled them out when we were done with a meal in Vegas, and I couldn't stop laughing as she scrubbed her teeth......

I usually brush before I leave and when I get ready to go to bed. My mom actually wore her tooth enamel off from brushing too much, and now I am paranoid......I usually only eat twice a day though, so if I eat more, I usually brush more. And I chew lots of trident.
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Twice a day. In the morning before I go to work, and in the evening before I go to bed.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Only before I go to bed. Doing it any more is a waste of time for me.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I brush once before I go to bed.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Me wrote:Only before I go to bed. Doing it any more is a waste of time for me.
That's how it goes for me too.

-Jonathan
Frodo
Classic

Post by Frodo »

Twice a day. O:)
Priscilla

<><
Bandit Squirrel
OK

Post by Bandit Squirrel »

I do it once a day. Doing it any more takes too much time. (I'm very thorough, so sometimes it takes me over ten minutes to brush my teeth.)
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Ten minutes to brush your teeth? :-s That sounds almost as long as it takes my sister to brush her teeth. You must spend a good 20 seconds per tooth. :) But brushing for an extended period of time really isn't harmful, as long as you don't begin irritating the gums. #-o According to "Bay of Quinte Dental Society," brushing should take at least a couple minutes.

-----

How Long Should You Brush Your Teeth?

Take the time to carefully and gently clean each tooth, ideally twice each day. The average person brushes for less than 35 seconds. A good brushing takes two to three minutes. This is about the length of one song on the radio.

-----

Ha. I never thought of it that way. I guess we should all listen to the radio while brushing our teeth. We must not stop brushing until we've heard a complete song. :lol:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
gimp80995

Post by gimp80995 »

Bandit Squirrel wrote:I do it once a day. Doing it any more takes too much time. (I'm very thorough, so sometimes it takes me over ten minutes to brush my teeth.)
Takes me between 8 and 13 mins most of the time

Peace Out

-Gimp