HELP!!!!!!!!!

I will forever boycott about.com

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Ray wrote:To delete system files... if you need to in any case, do ctrl + alt + delete and exit the explorer. Before you do so make sure that you made hidden items visible. Go into the Windows folder and you should be able to delete system files.

Glad you had it fixed.

As Me said, IE is filled with security holes and I would highly recommend Firefox which you can download from Mozilla Firefox.
In further support of Firefox, it has a bunch of cool features like tabbed browsing. Also, there have been only about seven security holes found in it (actually, most of them were in java, not the browser itself) and patches were released immediately, ulike Microsoft, where IE has so many holes that there is a new batch of fixes every month, and they never patch the holes quickly. Not only will Firefox improve your browsing experience, but it's not MS, and it's really secure.
Samwise
Love to love

Post by Samwise »

With Firefox you can change how your firefox looks COMPLETELY!!! For example, I changed my Firefox to look exactly like Apple's Safari Browser!

Popup blocking comes with it and you can install extensions such as the popular:

AdBlocker

Simply put, you right click on a banner ad you don't like, from the drop-down menu press "AdBlock" and the banner's gone and no empty space remains.
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

Trent DeWhite wrote:
Jonathan wrote:You and I did the same thing, and I had 222 infected files ](*,) I got another free one, and the number was down to 86. I'm doing a virus scan now.
It's pretty amazing. Most people have lots of 'infected' files without knowing it. Those files aren't necessarily harmful or malware, but it's definitely good to do a file sweep with an adware program once a week.
Ray wrote:To delete system files... if you need to in any case, do ctrl + alt + delete and exit the explorer. Before you do so make sure that you made hidden items visible. Go into the Windows folder and you should be able to delete system files.
One, thing that should be noted. All you should worry about are unknown exe files. DON'T just go deleting all unknown *.exe files. If you don't know what it does, do some research by typing it into Google or some other search engine. You don't want to mistakedly delete an important file. #-o There are several good worm-remover sites that'll let you know what do you if you encounter a particular worm or an infected *.exe file. SpywareRemove.com.

Yeah, when I was really getting frustrated I just started erasing files and I kinda erased some files for wordperfect :-

Err, I mean--the virus also erased some of my wordperfect files! Darn them!

I'll go check out this firefox too.....I haven't heard of it before but if ya'll seem to think its a good idea, I'll trust you!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Looks like she bought it, guys! Phase one of Operation:FIREFOX complete!
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

Hey!:) I just got a pm from Ray and Me, and they said they're going to go jump off of a bridge, so I'm going to too!!!!! \:D/