one of the strictest universities EVER

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Post by Eugene Blackgaard »

Kidding!
*attempts to distract them with his avatar of a man doing disco in a flower field*
ToO Comic - #1|#2|#3|#4|#5|#6|Filler#1|Filler#2|#7|#8|#9

In the darkness the Motherhood silently bakes cake and knits sweaters with love in every stitch.
Call me Sergeant Pepper.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Eugene Blackgaard wrote:*suddenly stops wondering why she's voting for mellow*;)
LOL
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Eugene Blackgaard wrote:*suddenly stops wondering why she's voting for mellow*

sorry about tat in the futur i will try tyo appeal to your interest group as well. is this helping? :)
That's rather rude don't you think? :? Maybe PonysHorses doesn't like debating. Maybe she dislikes having people blather on about something. I didn't see anything in her post indicating that she didn't like proper spelling and grammar. To keep picking on Mellow's writing is a low blow. :shame: While you or I may have had perfect writing skills at that age that doesn't mean everyone does. I know people who are very bright but don't spell very well. Does that mean we tease them at every turn? Of course not. ;) So you might do well to stop making yourself look bad by using Mellow's writing as a campaign issue no matter how jokingly you do it. It's getting old. :noway:
Jonathan wrote:I don't think this was aimed at me, but I wasn't mocking, just for the record.
I wasn't suggesting you were mocking Jonathan. :) If you read Flyah's post you'll see what I was talking about.

Excellent post David O. =D> You very nicely summarized what I was getting at.
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

It is not Mellow that is my quarry, but the entire misusage and cold blooded murder of the english tounge for which I am constantly crusading againts. However, I suppose my comments were a bit misplaced, and for that I apologize. Nothing againts you, Mellow. :)

The comment simply was meant to say that she was not voting for us, and the reason might have had something to do with the fact that perhaps our party is a bit more long-winded. ;)

However, I am of the belief, firmly, that if someone wants to convey something, the should be willing to put time and effort into a meaningfull message.

In the darkness the Motherhood silently bakes cake and knits sweaters with love in every stitch.
Call me Sergeant Pepper.
Jeremy
Smile for the camera

Post by Jeremy »

Eugene Blackgaard wrote:It is not Mellow that is my quarry, but the entire misusage and cold blooded murder of the english tounge for which I am constantly crusading againts. However, I suppose my comments were a bit misplaced, and for that I apologize. Nothing againts you, Mellow. :)

The comment simply was meant to say that she was not voting for us, and the reason might have had something to do with the fact that perhaps our party is a bit more long-winded. ;)

However, I am of the belief, firmly, that if someone wants to convey something, the should be willing to put time and effort into a meaningfull message.
I believe you meant "English," "tongue," "against," "against," and "meaningful," correct? ;-)

Hehe, I just had to do that. Couldn't resist, sorry. ;-)

Jeremy
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Jeremy wrote:
Eugene Blackgaard wrote:It is not Mellow that is my quarry, but the entire misusage and cold blooded murder of the english tounge for which I am constantly crusading againts. However, I suppose my comments were a bit misplaced, and for that I apologize. Nothing againts you, Mellow. :)

I believe you meant "English," "tongue," "against," "against," and "meaningful," correct? ;-)

Jeremy
lol, again.

Another point is that with this group, if we're debating something, you can pretty much take for granted that we will have wonderful thought provoking and insightful posts.

Now if Jared were here, we'd have to redefine long and add medium length as a category.

-Jonathan
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Jeremy wrote:

Jeremy
Touche'.

Call me Sergeant Pepper.
Lucy Pevensie
sn33ky hobbitses
sn33ky hobbitses

Post by Lucy Pevensie »

Laura Ingalls wrote:I disagree. It's not horrible as so many people make it out to be. My brother went there for his pre-med degree and my aunt is a teacher there. Sure, they have standards, and everyone looking at going there knows that. If they can't abide by those rules they can go somewhere else. But plenty of people appreciate their standards and like going to BJU.

And, President Bush did not "force them" to get rid of that rule. He spoke there one time while he was campaigning, the media heard of it, and proceeded to bash BJU. They brought attention to the old rule, and BJ agreed it wasn't right and got rid of it.

And we do have plenty of common sense, by the way. :shame:
I agree that it's not horrible- sure I totally disagree with the banishment of interracial dating, but they got rid of that rule. And though I probably couldn't wear skirts all the time, I can stick with only G rated movies (since I see so many bad movies everywhere these days), and I can stick with classical music since I'm a Bach music fan. :wink: Like Laura said- if you can't live with it, go to some different university. :P
Need a nice signature/avatar set? Take a look at my shop! :)
All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. John 6:37
Lucy is my twin Laura Ingalls = l33t ~*Robin Baggins/Respectahobbit*~
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I wonder if the new mayor will allow complaints about members who mostly post just to correct other people. :-k That's not aimed at you Eugene since you post a lot about everything! :lol:
Andrea Meltsner
I've been working out

Post by Andrea Meltsner »

mdb17 wrote:http://www.bju.edu/prospective/expect/index.html

My roommate knows a guy who goes here. I feel very sorry for him. They even used to have a ban on interracial dating until President Bush forced them to get rid of it. I'm surprised they're still in business. You'd think people would have enough common sense to not go there...it's like everyone there is under house arrest. Much worse, actually. ](*,)

I think Billy Graham whent there for a while and got his but out of there! thank goodness!
Doctor Who is Awesome

I couldn't stay away

Nerdfighter for Life!
Flyah
Popsicle kid

Post by Flyah »

Chandler wrote:
Jonathan wrote:I don't think this was aimed at me, but I wasn't mocking, just for the record.
I wasn't suggesting you were mocking Jonathan. :) If you read Flyah's post you'll see what I was talking about.
Excellent post David O. =D> You very nicely summarized what I was getting at.
What are you talking about Chandler, regarding my post? Are you suggesting that I was mocking another's beliefs? I would appreciate a clarification.....thanks
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I think she was referring to your post on the first page on how people were calling BJU people "crazy" and such...not that you were mocking.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Flyah
Popsicle kid

Post by Flyah »

Ok..
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Yeah, I think she was agreeing with you.
Flyah
Popsicle kid

Post by Flyah »

Gotcha! Amazing! Incredible! =P~ (for you, Chandler! - - :anxious:
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Flyah wrote:Gotcha! Amazing! Incredible! =P~ (for you, Chandler! - - :anxious:
Sorry if it seems like I've been critical of you lately. ](*,) That's not my intention, really. :anxious: To be honest you're someone I expect that all of us can look up to. You've got the maturity. :) So anything I say is just a suggestion to keep this board a happier, friendlier place, okay? Are you willing to shake on it? :truce:

Laura and Jonathan were correct... I was agreeing with what you said. :)

:thud: P.S. Great use of emoticons! :cheerleader:
Flyah
Popsicle kid

Post by Flyah »

I had to push myself to use them. No problem. The only thing I can disagree with you about that last post is the ridiculous statement about me having the maturity! :boohoo: All right last time I use it...What would this post be without a smiley face playing a violin?
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

1 corinthians 11:1-16 sums it up (well some of it at least)
2I praise you for remembering me in everything and for holding to the teachings,[a] just as I passed them on to you.
3Now I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God. 4Every man who prays or prophesies with his head covered dishonors his head. 5And every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head–it is just as though her head were shaved. 6If a woman does not cover her head, she should have her hair cut off; and if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut or shaved off, she should cover her head. 7A man ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God; but the woman is the glory of man. 8For man did not come from woman, but woman from man; 9neither was man created for woman, but woman for man. 10For this reason, and because of the angels, the woman ought to have a sign of authority on her head.

11In the Lord, however, woman is not independent of man, nor is man independent of woman. 12For as woman came from man, so also man is born of woman. But everything comes from God. 13Judge for yourselves: Is it proper for a woman to pray to God with her head uncovered? 14Does not the very nature of things teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a disgrace to him, 15but that if a woman has long hair, it is her glory? For long hair is given to her as a covering. 16If anyone wants to be contentious about this, we have no other practice–nor do the churches of God.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Flyah wrote:I had to push myself to use them. No problem. The only thing I can disagree with you about that last post is the ridiculous statement about me having the maturity! :boohoo: All right last time I use it...What would this post be without a smiley face playing a violin?
You don't think you're mature? :shame: We can all see through that façade of yours. ;)
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Chandler wrote:I wonder if the new mayor will allow complaints about members who mostly post just to correct other people. :-k That's not aimed at you Eugene since you post a lot about everything! :lol:
Seems to me your're making some pretty strong inclinations to whom you think the new mator is going to be. ;)

Call me Sergeant Pepper.