Long posts

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

Do you enjoy/read long posts?

I read them, but usually don't get much from them.
12%
I love them. It's nice that ppl accually put in some thought.
46%
I don't have enough time to read them.
42%

Total votes: 26

J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

I see. I was still confused but didn't know what to say
...I hate marquees.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

It depends on the topic. I always read the long posts on the joke thread! ;) Otherwise, it depends if I care or not. I like long AIO ep reviews because it usually means that a lot of thought has been put into them, and I appreciate the insights that people have.
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

It depends on the subject and on the author......
Frodo
Classic

Post by Frodo »

Normally I read them.
Priscilla

<><
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I'd have to agree that it depends on the content and topic if I'll read the long post. If it's an in-depth analysis of something AIO I'll read it. =P~
Christian Cowgirl
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Christian Cowgirl »

I skim and then I see everyones laughing at something and I have to go back and see what I missed. Its really annoying when I misread the poll question... I've been doing that alot lately...

Some times long posts are funny if the person had something worth while to say. But I've been skiping the debates between EB and Elf... I already know who I'm voting for, why should I read those!?
I never make mistakes. I thought I did once, but I was wrong.
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

I think long posts are great. I am not really a very good writer, so I usually don't come up with enough to say, but if and when I do, it's totally fun. :D (Ok, that didn't make an ounce of sense....) :-s
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

I'll skim once...

Skim Twice...

Interest me, I'll read it. Doesn't, I'll pass on.

Simple as that.

BC O:)
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

The Top Crusader wrote:In general, I love them. Although I guess it depends if the topic interests me or not.
Good point Top. I usually don't read them, even though I have time!
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

I think it's nice to see that people are capable of writing more than four words in a response (or thread starter).......

Now Granted, we don't need everyone to be Jared-ish where a post of ONLY 10,000 words happens on his "bad" days........typical is 20,000 words.....but it is nice to see posts that show that it took a little effort to write up (which is probably why we get paid more for longer posts than we do for the shorter ones)

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

gimp80995 wrote:I think it's nice to see that people are capable of writing more than four words in a response (or thread starter).......

Now Granted, we don't need everyone to be Jared-ish where a post of ONLY 10,000 words happens on his "bad" days........typical is 20,000 words.....but it is nice to see posts that show that it took a little effort to write up (which is probably why we get paid more for longer posts than we do for the shorter ones)

Peace Out

-Gimp
Estimating, or did you actually keep track of his word counts?
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

She sits there and counts them one word at a time. :lol: :-$