Which paper is better?

The Tattler or the Times?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

Which paper is your favorite?

The Odyssey Tattler
43%
The Odyssey Times
57%

Total votes: 23

AIO Psyche
Geniune Disney Cast Member

Which paper is better?

Post by AIO Psyche »

I for one like the Tattler. It's just more entertaining! Sorry Monday......:D

Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.
Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.Thisisimpossibletosee,unlessyouquote,asyouallknow.
Last edited by AIO Psyche on Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Where's both or neither? :-s
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
The Scribbler
I'm the Scribbler and you're not.

Post by The Scribbler »

What do you expect me to say?

First of all, I agree that the Times is a respectable newspaper. It has feel good, happy light hearted articles. I enjoy reading the Times.

However, while this........'style' of newspaper is good, my type of paper is more important. We bring readers the truth. So, I must go with my heart on this one; I vote for the Tattler.
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Post by Eugene Blackgaard »

I would say that the Times is the one good source of Truth Around here. Dale is a good, honest man, unlike that rougue Scribbler!
ToO Comic - #1|#2|#3|#4|#5|#6|Filler#1|Filler#2|#7|#8|#9

In the darkness the Motherhood silently bakes cake and knits sweaters with love in every stitch.
Call me Sergeant Pepper.
PonysHorses
Found

Post by PonysHorses »

I would have to say the Tattler. It is so exciting!
The Scribbler

Post by The Scribbler »

Eugene Blackgaard wrote:I would say that the Times is the one good source of Truth Around here. Dale is a good, honest man, unlike that rougue Scribbler!
I'm not sure why you take it upon yourself to badmouth me at every turn.
PonysHorses wrote:I would have to say the Tattler. It is so exciting!
I'm glad someone around here knows the truth when they read it. Kudos to you, PonyHorses.
John Whittaker
Gold Member

Post by John Whittaker »

I'm sad to see the Tattler again, honestly, after all the pain it caused Tom. But, since they've found new management, maybe something good could come out of it. Nevertheless, I prefer the Times. Always have, always will.
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

The Scribbler wrote:
Eugene Blackgaard wrote:I would say that the Times is the one good source of Truth Around here. Dale is a good, honest man, unlike that rougue Scribbler!
I'm not sure why you take it upon yourself to badmouth me at every turn.
Perhaps it has something to do with you badmouthing everyone else in the name of "truth." Half a truth is a lie, but in your case there wasn't even a third of truth in your articles.

In the darkness the Motherhood silently bakes cake and knits sweaters with love in every stitch.
Call me Sergeant Pepper.
The Scribbler

Post by The Scribbler »

John Whittaker wrote:I'm sad to see the Tattler again, honestly, after all the pain it caused Tom. But, since they've found new management, maybe something good could come out of it. Nevertheless, I prefer the Times. Always have, always will.
Well, no shock there. Mr. Whittaker, I already said this; We did not cause Mr. Riley ANY pain. The people did. We only gave you, the people, the truth, and they did with it what they wanted. If they had not beleived my paper, they would have done nothing. But, they beleived me, and made a big deal out of it. So, blame the citizens of the TOO, not us.
Eugene Blackgaard wrote:Perhaps it has something to do with you badmouthing everyone else in the name of "truth." Half a truth is a lie, but in your case there wasn't even a third of truth in your articles.
That is your opinion. And you are entitled to it. I do not 'badmouth' people as you say. I simply tell the people about thier dirty secrets. If the people my newspaper and I unmask do not want to be embarrised or 'badmouthed' as you say, then they should not do bad or wrong things. If you don't want people 'badmouthed', please speak to that person so that I can't find out anything about them.
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

The fact is, most of the things in that paper you cannot prove. A lot of it, I'd wager, is just made up by you and your writers, and sold as truth. And the truth, Mr. Scribbler, is that many a person would rather believe a lie than the truth. Lies are more interesting. Lies sell more. Lies make papers sucessfull. And no matter how much you hide behind your claim to appraise the "truth", it dosen't make you truthfull.

Call me Sergeant Pepper.
The Scribbler

Post by The Scribbler »

Eugene Blackgaard wrote:And the truth, Mr. Scribbler, is that many a person would rather believe a lie than the truth. Lies are more interesting. Lies sell more. Lies make papers sucessfull.
Well, if what you say is true, then I'll be very rich and successful.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

The Scribbler wrote:
Eugene Blackgaard wrote:And the truth, Mr. Scribbler, is that many a person would rather believe a lie than the truth. Lies are more interesting. Lies sell more. Lies make papers sucessfull.
Well, if what you say is true, then I'll be very rich and successful.
Don't forget famous. :p :: remembers Lawrence Hodges' quote ::
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
The Scribbler

Post by The Scribbler »

Quite right, Trent.

Edit: "Eugene Blackgaard, if what you say is true, then I'll be very rich and famous and successful."
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Well, than, yes. Yes you will.

Call me Sergeant Pepper.
Manda
Someone's favorite

Post by Manda »

I don't really like this topic... :noway:
AIO Psyche
Geniune Disney Cast Member

Post by AIO Psyche »

Monday wrote:I don't really like this topic... :noway:
Why not? The Times is tied with the Tattler. And, I'm not sure if the Tattler is more popular than the Times.

Last edited by AIO Psyche on Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Scribbler

Post by The Scribbler »

AIO PSYCHE wrote:And, I'm not sure if the Tattler is more popular than the Times.
Yet.
Manda
Someone's favorite

Post by Manda »

I don't care which is popular. All I'm trying to do is bring to news to the town.
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

Quite right. The Tattler is taking things to an unethical level. I wish for just one paper (The Times) who reports on actual happenings in TOO, not a tabloid (The Tattler) that is replete with falsehoods.
Elf of Rivendell
random passerby elf
random passerby elf

Post by Elf of Rivendell »

I'm sure whoever is behind the Tattler is doing it just for fun...however, it does go over the lines. And this is coming from someone who found the entire thing hilarious.
sorrowing you must go, and yet you are not without hope

sarai: rice cookerrrr
uz: 'ice coakrrrrr!!
uz: that's like the next gen shad lexoooooorrrrr