What time do you retire?

Bedtime... what's normal for you?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Chandler

What time do you retire?

Post by Chandler »

So what time do you typically go to bed? Does it vary from night to night or remain the same? Do you stay up later now that you post on The Town of Odyssey?
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

"bed time"??? :-k :-k I'm not sure exactly what that is..........maybe similar to one of my away msgs IM:

sleeping.......or anyway that's what I should be doing........for those of you like myself who are unaware of the concept of sleep, it's where the human body lies horizontally or simi-horizontally, closes the eyes, covers up with a blanket or two and stays that way for a few hours or so..........or so I've heard

I generally call it quits between 10 PM and 2 AM (depends when I get tired)...........but there are exceptions:

If I'm working the night shift at work, I go to bed between 10 A and noon and I get back up between 6 and 8 PM

If I know I have to be up early I go to bed early...........though this rule is often broken since on "day shift" days I have to be out of bed no later than 5 AM (4:15 AM is my target usually)..........but I have been known to still be online at 2 AM on such nights

If I just got off working a night shift, and have to "convert" back to daytime hours I'll lay down at 8 AM and get back up around 10:30 AM then go to bed "early" (again been known to still be online into the wee hours of the morning on such occasions)

if the internet crashes and there's no hope of getting it back, I'll go to bed around 11 PM

if I'm sick (REALLY sick) I'll stay in bed..........may be on the laptop or reading, but I stay in bed...........being that sick is a rare occasion for me..........happened last about 3 yrs ago.

Typically I'm the type that if I'm tired I sleep..........if I'm not tired, I won't try to force sleep or lay down and pretend to sleep when I'm not tired.

My exact bedtimes (or suggested times) depend on the activity of the day or the day to come or both...........but are not always followed.

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Manda
Someone's favorite

Post by Manda »

I don't really know, it just depends. I would like to go to bed at 10:00 each night (hahaha), but I can't when my family is watching tv.
gimp80995

Post by gimp80995 »

Monday wrote:I don't really know, it just depends. I would like to go to bed at 10:00 each night (hahaha), but I can't when my family is watching tv.
When I'm "ready" to go to sleep I can do so in the midst of anything (and this has been proven to be true).

TV, radios, several people talking, "parties" (not the bad kind that we'd avoid)........

In fact TV and radio will help put me to sleep faster than most sleeping pills on the market............esp the Listen Live link on www.plr.org

Peace Out

-Gimp

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I'd say on average 1:30-2 AM. It varies to a degree... if I don't have to get up early the next morning, I may stay up later if there is anything interesting going on. Also, if I have like a string of days that I have to get up early, I might go to bed 12:30-1 AM or so at some point. But I don't recall being in bed any earlier than that, recently. O:)
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

I'm planning to retire when I'm 60 years old.
#-o

just kidding. Nighty-night time for me ranges from 11:00 to 12:30. That may lengthen if I have a good book that I'm reading...

Cheerio
Fenix
The Rich

Post by Fenix »

I usually dont retire i just fall alseep doing whatever it is that i m doing.
gimp80995

Post by gimp80995 »

Fenix wrote:I usually dont retire i just fall alseep doing whatever it is that i m doing.
I've done that before..........so has my friend's dad...........in this house you sleep where you fall asleep.

Lets say I fall asleep on the couch while we're all watching TV.........when everyone else leaves the room, they're not going to wake me up, they're just gonna shut the lights off and go to bed..............

We do the same thing when my friend's dad falls asleep in his recliner on the laptop..........we just turn the light out and go to bed.......but we leave the laptop in his lap for warmth.........he eventually wakes up and goes to bed.

Peace Out

-Gimp

PonysHorses
Found

Post by PonysHorses »

I go to bed around 11:00pm. But then again, If I am tired I go to bed around 10:00pm. Unless I am REALLY tired, then I go to bed around 9:00pm. But if I am sick and REALLY REALLY REALLY tired I go to bed around 8:00pm. But that hardly ever happens. I almost always go to bed at 11:00pm. So I guess I will say that is my bed time.
drwhit73
Gold Member

Post by drwhit73 »

I generally go to bed between 8:00 and 8:30 in the morning.
gimp80995

Post by gimp80995 »

Well, it's 11:21 PM now.......I will turn on my radio station and crawl under the covers in the next 9 minutes (which in actuallity means I'll be under the covers by 1 AM............nah, I'm really thinking 11:30 tonight).

Peace Out

-Gimp

Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I retire when I'm done posting here. :anxious:

Actually, it really depends. At times, I can manage to hit the pillow around 10pm, although I've lately been going to bed around midnight. Considering I like my 9-10 hours of sleep, getting to bed rather late isn't generally a good thing. ](*,)
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

*glances at watch*

Good night, kiddies. Off to bed for me.
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

The Top Crusader wrote:I'd say on average 1:30-2 AM. It varies to a degree... if I don't have to get up early the next morning, I may stay up later if there is anything interesting going on. Also, if I have like a string of days that I have to get up early, I might go to bed 12:30-1 AM or so at some point. But I don't recall being in bed any earlier than that, recently. O:)

WOW!!! That exactly sums up my sleeping habits! :-s

*Wonders if maybe that angel icon was to cover up the fact that Top has been spying on me......
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

...and according to the assemble thread, we get up at the same time, too... **shakes fist**

Maybe it's time to go back to that multiple personality theory... :-k
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

I noticed that too when I went on the assemble page!!! Do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do dooooooooooooooooo (Twilight zone theme). I mean, it's EXACTLY like my sleeping habits! :-s

I'm also thinking the mutliple personality thing could be a plausible explanation. How many do you think we have? :-k
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Oh, lots. I bump into new ones all the time. I met a nice one named Steve the other day, really sweet guy.
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

Oh Steve? Yeah, he's a doll--I've met him before! How about Jasmine, the blonde pirate who is always going "yarr"? The leg-waxing baton twirler, Bob, who insists on going by the name Brian to ruin your reputation? Or perhaps the other blonde, Berniece, who was unfortunately was inflicted with a terrible case of black facial hair? If not those three, you most certainly must have met the drag queen in shades who had the most attractive gold piercings and wore a blue ribbon on his goatee?
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Yes, I do recall. Especially the chap with ribbons and such. Quite the handsome lad.

I seem to recall something about underwater life, as well...
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

The Top Crusader wrote:I'd say on average 1:30-2 AM. It varies to a degree... if I don't have to get up early the next morning, I may stay up later if there is anything interesting going on. Also, if I have like a string of days that I have to get up early, I might go to bed 12:30-1 AM or so at some point. But I don't recall being in bed any earlier than that, recently. O:)
That actually desribes me quite well. :) 12-12:30 AM is early for me. Typically the latest is 2:30 AM and the usual is between 1 and 2 AM. :anxious: I am such a night person it's not funny. :noway: