Favorite Bible Verse

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Flyah
Popsicle kid

Favorite Bible Verse

Post by Flyah »

I don't see this as a thread - what's your favorite verse?
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

One of my favorite passages is Psalm 34:1-8.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Sarah
Someone's favorite

Post by Sarah »

Mine is
Proverbs 3:5
Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

Isaiah 41:13
Andrea Meltsner
I've been working out

Post by Andrea Meltsner »

Sarah wrote:Mine is
Proverbs 3:5
Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
as is mine. though I would add verse six too. and in all your ways acnoledge him and he will make your palths straight.
Doctor Who is Awesome

I couldn't stay away

Nerdfighter for Life!
dancer02248
I've been working out

Post by dancer02248 »

umm, my favorite verse sounds a lot like Frank's
Isiah 41:10

have no fear for I am with you
Be not afraid for I am your God
I shall strengthen you and give you help
and uphold you with my victorious fight hand

i actually started liking it when i hear the AIO episode "nothing to fear"
i think that's what it's called
Joey_Kid
Fourscore and seven

Post by Joey_Kid »

My favorite verse is, simply put Genesis 3:16

Eat a pickle,
Joe
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

Joey_Kid wrote:My favorite verse is, simply put Genesis 3:16

LOL!
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

I don't have "one" favorite verse.......here are some of my top favorite verses:

In no particular order:

Romans 8:28--All things work together for good to them that love God, to them that are called according to His purpouse.

Romans 8:31--What shall we say then. If God be for us, who can be against us.

1 John 4:4--For ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them for greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world

John 3:16, 17--For God so loved the world that he gave his only son that whosoever believe in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life. For God sent His son not to judge the world, but that through Him the world might be saved.

Isaiah 41:10--Be not afraid, for I am thy God, be not dismayed, for I will comfort you. I will strengthen you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Hebrews 13:6--So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper, I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?"

Philippians 4:13 -- "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me."

1 John 4:7,8 -- " Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. (8 ) He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love."

Ephesians 6:13-17 -- "Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God."

1 Corinthians 13:4-8 -- "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails."

Jude 1: 24-25 -- "Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen."

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.