When you least expect it!

Mishaps, boo boos, accidents, and things you wished never happened.

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

AWWWWW! That is so sad! See, now you'll think twice about giving some old stranded woman a ride. I hate expereinces that kinda ruin our innocence and cause us to think twice in the future. (I'm writing a paper on this subject right now, so I think I am overreacting here.......sorry :anxious: )

It's also kinda funny....... :D
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

Ok Here's mine. Yesterday at noon I had an Exam in English which ment that I was excused from school the entire day. I was really excited about being able to sleep in until 10:30 or 11:00. So on Wednesday, I asked my friend Colleen to come pick me up at 11. (I can't drive yet) She said sure.

So Thursday morning I'm attempting to sleep in, but waking up quite often so I don't miss my alarm and worrying that she will forget me. Around 9:20 a.m. the phone rings, and I wake up and am like, there is NO way I am getting up an hour early to answer the dumb phone, and I promptly fell back to sleep. Less than 10 minutes later there was a loud pounding on my front door. Then the doorbell started ringing. I was like fine, I'll see who is there then go back to sleep. I grabbed a bathrobe to be extra modest.

As I walked down the stairs I saw two heads. I was like oh cool, Colleen and Taylor (a girl) are coming to talk to me. THEY ARE SO DEAD!!! So I go downstairs and open the door a bit. Who do I see...Colleen, Taylor, AND Taylor's BOYFREIND!!!!!!! (who also happens to be a friend of mine). I "eeped" (my version of screeming) and slammed the door shut. Meanwhile we are all cracking up. I opened up the door again and asked what was going on. Joel's like, "Boy, that was awkward." NO KIDDING!!! They said they were there to get me and take me to 7-11 for Slurpees. I was like I have no money. THey said they'd take of it. So I ran upstairs and got ready.

We went there and I surprised them all be wearing my new contacts. I can see fine with them, but can't read and have to get reading glasses soon. They were teasing me about not reading anything. Then Taylor (who happens to be blond) and I were looking for napkins to put on the cups and keep our fingers from freezing. She's like, Sarah I can't find them anywhere. I replied, Taylor they are right THERE." I grabbed a couple and said "Tayor, even I found them and I'm half blind." She's like, " Uh Oh. It's the blond leading the blind."

It ended up being really fun and very funny. It was one of those things that could have been a dream. When I was telling a friend about it later that night, she thought I dreamed the hole thing, but nope It really happened. Craziness. :mad: :hilarious:
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Today I cut my finger. It was pretty bad. It bled. It hurts. :anxious:

I was peeling potatos for the Mother's Day lunch, when the peeler slipped and sliced into my left little finger. OUCH!!!!
It wouldn't stop bleeding for a loooonnnnggg time. Then I had to go to church with a huge gauze-wrapped finger. #-o
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

Peelers are brutal!!! i never would have thought you have to be careful with those..I took off almost all of my fingernail once--it was so incredibly painful because I remeoved the top layer of nail and exposed all the skin underneath. Usually the nail comes from the top down, but no--I am special!
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

jessicado wrote:Peelers are brutal!!! i never would have thought you have to be careful with those..I took off almost all of my fingernail once--it was so incredibly painful because I remeoved the top layer of nail and exposed all the skin underneath. Usually the nail comes from the top down, but no--I am special!
Peelers and graters are brutal.........I've been cut by them more than with knives *rolls eyes*

speaking of finger nails......

During my Jr. high yrs I forget what had caused it, but I wasn't paying much attention when I closed the door of the car.......it caught my index finger right a the nail......which ended up falling off after a few days.......it was totally gross even though there was no blood or anything, just had the skin which is normally under figer nails exposed for like two weeks until a new nail grew back

*hopes no one is eating while reading this post*

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Manda
Someone's favorite

Post by Manda »

jessicado wrote:Peelers are brutal!!! i never would have thought you have to be careful with those..I took off almost all of my fingernail once--it was so incredibly painful because I remeoved the top layer of nail and exposed all the skin underneath. Usually the nail comes from the top down, but no--I am special!
Augh! Horrid! Graters are the worse for me. I'm surprised I have any skin left on my knuckels!

I'm sorry, Laura. :hug:
Christian Cowgirl
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Christian Cowgirl »

gimp80995 wrote:
speaking of finger nails......

During my Jr. high yrs I forget what had caused it, but I wasn't paying much attention when I closed the door of the car.......it caught my index finger right a the nail......which ended up falling off after a few days.......it was totally gross even though there was no blood or anything, just had the skin which is normally under figer nails exposed for like two weeks until a new nail grew back

*hopes no one is eating while reading this post*

Peace Out

-Gimp
Oooo, that happened to my toe nail. My horse stepped on it like 4 times in a month and finaly the whole nail fell off. But like yours no blood, just came off. It was soo gross, my poor toe was black and blue for a long time!
I never make mistakes. I thought I did once, but I was wrong.
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

When I get really mad I like to redecorate..well about 7 or so months ago I was REALLY mad and I was moving a desk downstairs from my loft, and I dropped it on my toe. Later my tonail got all black and fell off. It stayed that way FOREVER and I didn't think it would ever grow back. That made me even more mad at my ex (which was who I was mad at the first place) because now I felt like it was all his fault and I would always remember him because my toenail was missing. It finally grew back in this month and I am so happy!!!! Besides--I can finally wear flip flops again!
Manda
Someone's favorite

Post by Manda »

Eeewwww, how did it grow back? Like slowly? Or did all of the sudden it was there (Haha)?
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

It was barren and empty....a forlorn wasteland of what used to be covered with a beautiful toenail...and then in like a week it just started to grow in. \:D/ I was so happy!
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Ouch! That would be like really, really bad! :-s
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

Actually I was so angry, I just ignored the pain.......... :anxious:
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Oh, I know the feeling. Ok, maybe not the exact same feeling, but it's like when a fingernail breaks off way far down, and it's bleeding, and all you can think is "AUGH! There goes my manicure!!"
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

Well, fortunately I am blessed (sometimes) with a very high pain tollerence.......and I have had many experiences with getting my finger/s and entire hand slammed in doors..........and once a couple years ago for the first (and only thus far) time I got my elbow slammed in the door of a pick up truck (I'm tallented).

I say I'm "blessed (sometimes)" becuase that tollerence to pain has caused me to get up from accidents thinking I was perfectly fine, just to find out later down the road when things weren't feeling better within a reasonable ammount of time that I had broken a bone.

I've broken my wrist twice before and never even told my mom about the accident (at first) thinking I had just twisted it and it'd feel better in a few days..........fortunately from a young age I had basic first-aid skills down and knew the signs (other than pain) of broken bones.......like the color of the skin and swelling and tingling in the fingers or toes (depending if the break is in the arm or leg)..........so by the next day at the latest I knew I had done more than twisted it.

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.