Talented Babies

What can I say?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
jasodia
I'm not Gabe

Talented Babies

Post by jasodia »

When I was under two, my parents found me in all manners of places. I would repeatedly escape outside and sit in the snow in my diaper. So they locked the deadbolt. So I dragged a chair to the door, unlocked the deadbolt and went outside! Once, they even found me on top of the refridgerator! All this when I wasn't even two years old!

So I guess I was a mini-Houdini.

What could you do when you were young?

my best friend is pink jeans!
"I don't pretend to be Captain Weird. I just am."
-Johnny Depp
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

Well... I taught myself to read when I was 3 or 4. And I was walking at 7 months.

I WOULD NOT fall asleep at night unless my mom played Mozart or Pachelbel's Canon in D at top volume over and over again.
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

I could vomit myself to sleep! :anxious:
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

Frank wrote:I could vomit myself to sleep! :anxious:
Amazing! =D> =D>
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
NatetheGreat
Got Pancakes?

Post by NatetheGreat »

My dad can't think of anything. I guess I'm boring. :anxious:
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

NatetheGreat wrote:My dad can't think of anything. I guess I'm boring. :anxious:
Poor guy. :(
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

On my first BD I ate my candle instead of the cake. :yes:
Evolution is a faith, not a science!
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

I just buried my face in my cake and started eating. :anxious: The sad thing is, I still eat like that today.

J/K ;-)
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

I HATED to get myself messy. On my first birthday, (actually, it was my second, my first b-day was the day I was born, right?) I didn't touch the cake, so Mom stuck my hands in the icing, and I started to cry. Then my Mom stuck my hands in my mouth, and I stopped. ;)

I also never ripped up birthday cards. I'd study them very carefully, and my mother knew I'd be a good reader someday.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless
Kat
slow thinking occurs
slow thinking occurs

Post by Kat »

Arwen wrote:I HATED to get myself messy. On my first birthday, (actually, it was my second, my first b-day was the day I was born, right?) I didn't touch the cake, so Mom stuck my hands in the icing, and I started to cry. Then my Mom stuck my hands in my mouth, and I stopped. ;)

I also never ripped up birthday cards. I'd study them very carefully, and my mother knew I'd be a good reader someday.
...who DOES rip up their birthday cards?
*returns*
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

LittleWriter155 wrote: ...who DOES rip up their birthday cards?
I have no idea.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
jasodia
I'm not Gabe

Post by jasodia »

That's disgusting. I hope my child doesn't vomit all the time like that. Or drool.

my best friend is pink jeans!
"I don't pretend to be Captain Weird. I just am."
-Johnny Depp
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

jasodia wrote:
That's disgusting. I hope my child doesn't vomit all the time like that. Or drool.
I think I was just special. :anxious: I was the cutest baby ever...until you smelled my hair. My parents were always getting up late at night and pulling me out of my trash bag-lined crib (which was always soiled because I usually did vomit myself to sleep) and giving me a bath, but the smell didn't go away! :mad:
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

Well I red at 3 years old and I don't know what else I did. :anxious:
Squirrel
I've been here a bit

Post by Squirrel »

I slept like a rock. Once I was put down for a nap, and when Mom came to check on me later I was no where to be found. After searching inside and outside, they were on the verge of complete panic when I woke up and crawled from beneath the bed. Evidently, I fell off the bed and rolled under without waking up. :snore:
Elf of Rivendell
random passerby elf
random passerby elf

Post by Elf of Rivendell »

I taught myself to read at...oh, I forget, 3 or 4? From then on, I was known as a bookworm and read almost anything I could get my hands on. Even books on survival and knife fighting... :anxious:
sorrowing you must go, and yet you are not without hope

sarai: rice cookerrrr
uz: 'ice coakrrrrr!!
uz: that's like the next gen shad lexoooooorrrrr
NatetheGreat
Got Pancakes?

Post by NatetheGreat »

Elf of Rivendell wrote:I taught myself to read at...oh, I forget, 3 or 4? From then on, I was known as a bookworm and read almost anything I could get my hands on. Even books on survival and knife fighting... :anxious:
*makes mental note to be extra carful around Elf* :anxious:
Country Girl
Classic

Post by Country Girl »

A stray dog used the *cough* facilities on our back porch... I was old enough to crawl... baby/ stick/ mouth... need I REALLY say more?
Oh, dad uh... helped the doggy find another home after that, btw
Blipadouzi
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Blipadouzi »

Well I was always told that I was an early learner...

Walked as of 7 months...
Talked at about 10 months...
Did grade 2 Math in Kindergarden...

But the one thing that is most striking is that I have memories of my childhood...but none like most people. I remember things from when I was 4 months old.

What proved it is when I told my mom about a memory I had, she almost had a heart-attack. It was an event that she had never shared with me, and that I had no way of finding out from someone else other than her. She was the one that told me I was 4 months old at the time of the incident.
the_newfie_haystack
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by the_newfie_haystack »

Country Girl wrote:A stray dog used the *cough* facilities on our back porch... I was old enough to crawl... baby/ stick/ mouth... need I REALLY say more?
Oh, dad uh... helped the doggy find another home after that, btw
EWWW!!! That's disgusting, yet funny at the same time.

Haystack
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting." -- E. E. Cummings