Four minutes of absolute panic

Maybe longer than that

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Four minutes of absolute panic

Post by gimp80995 »

Hey........did anyone else have problems getting the ToO this afternoon? I got home from church and sat down at my laptop to read / post a bit before I head out for work, and had a near-death experience to see an error page instead of the ToO comming up.

Thinking it was just my computer, I tried rebooting, and nothing changed.......for about 4 or 5 minutes I couldn't get it to come up..........I even went to aiosf to see if it was a knwon problemt that Shadowpaw had an answer for...........nothing was there about it.........I thought the world was comming to an end.

Then I tried again after a few minutes and let out a sigh of relief when the familiar ToO came up for me.

Anyone else having probs getting it to come up?

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I just got here a few minutes ago myself. I was unable to get here for about an hour. I thought that it was rather odd because I had been able to access the board this morning without any problem. Shadowpaw did say that it would be running slow for a while. I am assuming that is why I could not get here.
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

Probably............I was also here this morning before church just fine........then this afternoon wasn't able to get it up...........Oh well......it's back now, that's the important thing.

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

gimp80995 wrote:Probably............I was also here this morning before church just fine........then this afternoon wasn't able to get it up...........Oh well......it's back now, that's the important thing.

Peace Out

-Gimp
That is exactly what has been happening with me. I just decided I am not going to worry about it. As long as I am not doing anything wrong and there is nothing wrong with my computer I am fine with things as they are.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

OH NO WERE GONNA DIE IF A WEBSITE GOES DOWN

please be real people
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Seriously. No need to panic. :noway: The ToO has been down numerous times over the past month. Check out this thread for more details. :)
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Me
An original

Post by Me »

gimp80995 wrote:Hey........did anyone else have problems getting the ToO this afternoon? I got home from church and sat down at my laptop to read / post a bit before I head out for work, and had a near-death experience to see an error page instead of the ToO comming up.

Thinking it was just my computer, I tried rebooting, and nothing changed.......for about 4 or 5 minutes I couldn't get it to come up..........I even went to aiosf to see if it was a knwon problemt that Shadowpaw had an answer for...........nothing was there about it.........I thought the world was comming to an end.

Then I tried again after a few minutes and let out a sigh of relief when the familiar ToO came up for me.

Anyone else having probs getting it to come up?

Peace Out

-Gimp
lol. That's about as much as I freaked out when there was an April Fools message here for a couple of hours.
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Oh my word! I'm so glad that this has never happened to me before!
Me
An original

Post by Me »

AREM is living in the Matrix. Oh wait, AREM is the Matrix.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

The ToO has gone down for me several times when I've been on it. The only time I really panicked was when I had been gone all day and came back to find it down. :cry: Thankfully it came back up shortly afterward.

I get the impression that it's going down when Shadowpaw is working on it... :-k
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

On that note, it was down for me too. It may have been shadowpaw setting up our little mystery here.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

It just went down for about 3 minutes. I wonder if the host was moving it around again.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

It's been going down on me a lot lately. :-k
beka8910
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by beka8910 »

It went down on my computer so I got on my brothers and signed on and it worked. It was freakyy.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Me wrote:AREM is living in the Matrix. Oh wait, AREM is the Matrix.
so thats why we dont know where it is