Audio Software

I need your advice!

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
EugeneFan
OK

Audio Software

Post by EugeneFan »

I have several cassettes (like my Family Portraits tapes) that I would like to convert to CD. I know how to do this, but the program I have is not serving my needs. The quality on the audio is worse than the quality of the cassettes. For those of you who have programs on your computer for audio editing that you think could help me improve the quality of my audio files, please post links to places where I could download them. Thanks :).
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Try Adobe Audition. Free thirty day trial: https://www.adobe.com/login/login.jsp?c ... pID%3D2582

you'll have to create a free account. It's a great pro level program. Used in many radio stations, and sneaking up on pro-tools. It is hands down, the best program out there for the price.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I second Me's suggestion. I currently have Adobe Audition 1.5 and it works beautifully. Even though I don't know half of what it does. :-$
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Me
An original

Post by Me »

My dad doesn't either, and he uses it professionally. He'll still come home all excited about something new he discovered.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Me wrote:My dad doesn't either, and he uses it professionally. He'll still come home all excited about something new he discovered.
It's quite the comprehensive program, eh? :) Then again, so is Pinnacle Studio's Liquid Edition.

:thud:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Yeah, but I prefer Adobe Premiere.
Samwise
Love to love

Post by Samwise »

Audacity is another good free software.